Bills went 4-0 in preseason. Positives > Negatives. Low injury bug

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

To be honest, they could have gone 0-4 in the preseason and It wouldn’t have really changed my optimism for this coming season..

But 4-0 is better..

Better to build a team up winning even if the games are meaningless than trying to do it 0-4 or 1-3.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Seoulful Soul said:

Jets (Just End The Season) in a week.

How optimistic do we feel here at TBD?  If the Bills come out and wipe out the Jets, will the Bills be ready to turn the corner?

I still think 10-6 with playoffs is possible.

Nice to see an opinion realizing the Bills have to ‘turn the corner’ before they ‘run the table’.

5 hours ago, Seoulful Soul said:

Jets (Just End The Season) in a week.

How optimistic do we feel here at TBD?  If the Bills come out and wipe out the Jets, will the Bills be ready to turn the corner?

I still think 10-6 with playoffs is possible.

If we win via last nights crazy comeback, I’ll still be very happy. I don’t think the final score is indicative of anything. Some years back, we destroyed KC there on opening day, something like 40-0. Didn’t mean a damn thing except one W..

I've always felt that if you are a veteran-laden club, then winning in preseason means next to nothing.  When you're a young team, winning is winning.  What was really cool about last night was seeing the 40-or-so guys who didn't play show genuine enthusiasm for what happened in that 4th quarter.

I need to about mid October to get a full barometer of where this team is really heading.... A hot start doesn't always translate into a strong finish, but by mid October you can have a solid finger on the pulse and know with some confidence. How we finish the last 6 weeks is much more important IMO, as it shows a team continuing to grow. I feel the Bills being coached by McDermott are better as the season wears on. I like that trait.

Honestly if I was to toss out opinion I'm in the  9-7 camp.. Allen will progress but still have a few flubs....WR's are much improved but still not a full known, as are TE's and OL.. 

D should keep us in games and allow the O to work with shorter fields hiding some early inefficiencies in the offense.

If we win 9 or more games this year its a another tip of the hat to McDermott and Beane, 8-8 or less is a bit disappointing.

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

To be honest, they could have gone 0-4 in the preseason and It wouldn’t have really changed my optimism for this coming season..

But 4-0 is better..

Knowing how to win is a skill.   the preseason showed there are winners on the roster.

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

I do hope they have someone targeted, there has to be a few good #2 guys out there about to be cut???

Cleveland has a great #2 punter.

The meaning I took from last night's win?

Our team CARES. They love each other, they play for each other, they care about winning, and they're genuinely invested in the team's success.

Go watch the sideline after the punt return touchdown last night. Then go watch it again after Tyree threw the game winning pass. Don't tell these guys the preseason doesn't matter.

And I'm telling you...not every team is this way. Not every group of men around the NFL are as invested as this team is.

Forget the 4-0 record, although as John Harbaugh says: "We like to get in the habit of winning". Concentrate on the execution of fundamentals, the fact that the Bills escaped preseason without any major injuries, and the fact that the team truly cares and loves each other.

Something special's brewing in lovely western New York...