Mitch Morse update - out of protocol, opens up about concussion

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Is there such a thing as     Pre Mature baldness? 

Yes. Any time before death.

After 20 years of gradual balding, I finally took control and shaved my head last summer.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I take exception to the headline. Until they can invent a technology that prevents the brain from moving within the skull, no helmet or helmet add on will prevent concussions. 

Obviously it doesn't stop all concussions but it likely stops some and if nothing else it's progress until we can somehow find a way to pass impacts harmlessly through our skull.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Obviously it doesn't stop all concussions but it likely stops some and if nothing else it's progress until we can somehow find a way to pass impacts harmlessly through our skull.

Perhaps. But tossing around terms like “prevents concussions” is misleading, if not down right irresponsible.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Perhaps. But tossing around terms like “prevents concussions” is misleading, if not down right irresponsible.

Yeah but that's the URL the title of the article is 

Penn State: This helmet tech can help prevent football concussions

1 hour ago, MJS said:

It's quite common. Not sure where you have been your whole life. Cantaloupe is one of those divisive foods.

enjoying cantaloupe and never having met someone who hasn't.... that's where. this is the first I've run into it.

"cantaloupe is one of those divisive foods" is definitely on a list of random things I thought i'd never see anyone actually say.... I guess that's a thing?

On 8/26/2019 at 2:06 PM, MJS said:

I'm not sure how protocol works, but it seems they have been very cautious with him. I was pretty sure he wouldn't see preseason action when this first happened, and that's what happened. I bet he has been fine for weeks.

That’s my thoughts as well. 

Go Bills!!!

The theory is that he’s been good to go for awhile but they waited on having him evaluated by the independent neurologist (the last step) because they aren’t required to do that immediately. They supposedly just did that within the last 24 hours. 4D protocol chess.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The theory is that he’s been good to go for awhile but they waited on having him evaluated by the independent neurologist (the last step) because they aren’t required to do that immediately. They supposedly just did that within the last 24 hours. 4D protocol chess.

I'm sure he's been good to go for awhile.  Probably wanted to give him as much time to recover as possible.