Mitch Morse update - out of protocol, opens up about concussion

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Has to be.  

Nothing (as usual) thus far on the Bills Twitter page 

Or not.   

I thought the concussion protocol was independent of the team. I don't think they get to choose when to take him out of the protocol. Of course they can hold him out of practice if they want but I don't think they get to say if he is or is not in the protocol.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I think has been in a spot where he could be cleared for quite some time. It almost looks like they are intentionally not taking him out of the protocol. This seems like he is completely recovered. 

This is the problem with this.  You never fully recover from a concussion, especially when they start happening more frequently.  It is what it is now and you can’t change anything.  But this will always kinda linger.  

Sad part is back in the day, to prove how tough you were, you would just hide a concussion.  

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wonder why they wouldn’t want him to have to talk to the media though - 

I'm guessing to protect him from saying anything that could then be published out of context, creating and inviting unnecessary drama.  A sad reality.

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I think has been in a spot where he could be cleared for quite some time. It almost looks like they are intentionally not taking him out of the protocol. This seems like he is completely recovered. 

I was wondering this from early on.

Secret weapon  lol

But very good getting a feel for Bodine and the Long and Feliciano, even Bates.

to me that is good use of preseason and camp.

methinks Morse and Allen are quite tuned in already. just a hunch though   )

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Quick, someone give baker mayfield a concussion

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Talking to media can cause concussions.

certainly can make someones brain hurt i bet.

I'm hoping Morse's treatment was nothing more than protecting an asset.

It says a lot about the Bills medical staff if this was known and allowed.

I cant see Pegs or McBeane doing this on purpose.

Hoping for the best, but if Morse gets his bell wrung again I personally want him to hang it up.

Mongo has been an enlightened signing and can hold down the C position for a year until Buffalo drafts the

best center available in 2020, then he can slide to LG and the OL is improved 2x.

If Morse can play Mongo (Feliciano) can slide left to LG where he is natural.

Hoping for the best.

6 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Sources say he got his hands on this same model 

F920B5A8-740A-495B-AFAA-09B1B4E943B3.jpeg

Has Kelso been asked recently how he’s feeling, a generation removed from playing? He was a sharp-minded kid then and willing to protect his future using this humorous protection. Did it work? Is there any way to know if it did? There’ve been a couple players wear this since, but nowhere near enough, considering how many players suffer.

5 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I'll say it, cantaloupe is one of the worst fruits.

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Oh I agree. It’s right up there with honeydew. Both act as cheap fillers for fruit salads across America. 

I'm the guy picking out the grapes and leaving the melon in those "fresh fruit" platters on the buffet.  Just letting you know.

• Haha (+1) 1