Mitch Morse update - out of protocol, opens up about concussion

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's more his face.  He looks like a 40 year old lumberjack....it's really worn looking.

Some people age like fine wine, and others age like cheese sitting in the sun in Florida...

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

It may be more the heat and angle of the shot imo

wxglisdxetxg0ryyubsm.jpg

the grey boss the grey

I knew a kid in grade school that was going grey in his teens.  

He's obviously wearing make up and probably high heel shoes in this photo.  

In this photo, he looks older than 30...31 or 32.  The above photo...he looks 40.

10 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Some people age like fine wine, and others age like cheese sitting in the sun in Florida...

Are you cheese or wine?

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MJS said:

I'm not sure how protocol works, but it seems they have been very cautious with him. I was pretty sure he wouldn't see preseason action when this first happened, and that's what happened. I bet he has been fine for weeks.

That's kind of the vibe I get too. What benefit do they have in "removing" him from the protocol if he can still practice fully anyway?

Gives them an excuse to not let him see the field. A little 4-D chess maybe?

I am sure that everyone is afraid of bad hand offs and what not due to lack of practice with Josh

I am as well.....but I think they will get it worked out quick

I just feel good knowing we have some guys that can play the position.....the question becomes when Morse does come back what do we do with Jon Feliciano....he has shown himself too good of a player to sit

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I am sure that everyone is afraid of bad hand offs and what not due to lack of practice with Josh

I am as well.....but I think they will get it worked out quick

I just feel good knowing we have some guys that can play the position.....the question becomes when Morse does come back what do we do with Jon Feliciano....he has shown himself too good of a player to sit

At least He’s been practicing for awhile. Got the red shirt removed last week or week before. Just no in game reps, which could be impactful early in the season since they haven’t played together before.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

At least He’s been practicing for awhile. Got the red shirt removed last week or week before. Just no in game reps, which could be impactful early in the season since they haven’t played together before.

This is where I get tangled up with the Morse scenario. I agree that moving cautiously is correct when dealing with concussions. However, I am not as comfortable as this board seems to be with him waiting until week one to play. Offensive lines are teams unto themselves. Individuals need to learn how to work most effectively together, gelling into a high-performing (we hope) unit. Inserting Mitch Morse, the group leader, at game time, doesn't make me optimistic about our offensive line's readiness to start the season. 

Edited by RochesterLifer

1 hour ago, pennstate10 said:

PSU has started having every player wear bubble helmets for practice. 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/penn-state-new-helmet-tech-can-prevent-football-concussions/

Wouldnt surprise me me if this becomes more common. 

If these help I don’t know why they wouldn’t make all players wear these at all levels? I get it, certain players might have a fit (Antonio Brown), but if it’s better for the players’ health and can reduce concussions, I don’t know how you wouldn’t mandate these across the league. 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/penn-state-new-helmet-tech-can-prevent-football-concussions/

I take exception to the headline. Until they can invent a technology that prevents the brain from moving within the skull, no helmet or helmet add on will prevent concussions. 

5 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

If these help I don’t know why they wouldn’t make all players wear these at all levels? I get it, certain players might have a fit (Antonio Brown), but if it’s better for the players’ health and can reduce concussions, I don’t know how you wouldn’t mandate these across the league. 

Politics.... the league has contracts with other manufacturers, this is a smaller company without the ability to step in and not only produce at the levels necessary, but purchase the sponsorship levels that a Riddell or others can do.

Plus it's looked at as something goofy or unproved comparatively to modern helmets that have been used for years.

Ignorance and politics will be the biggest factor in slowing the evolution of game equipment.  Its not that there isn't something better out there, its more about how slow the NFL as a league, the coaches, the trainers, the players and everything else will be to adapting to the new norm. 

Look at AB.... they want him to wear a BETTER helmet that will HELP him not get concussions and he wants the old one so bad he threatened to sit out... that's the kind of stubbornness and disbelief in new data you'll be dealing with across the board. 

Makes sense, since the concussion is caused by the brain colliding with the inside of the skull. A soft helmet would act like the "crumple zone" in a car - it would absorb a lot of the impact and slow down the head's movement rather than bringing it to an abrupt stop.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Is there such a thing as     Pre Mature baldness?  

at least his doppelganger is 12 years older 

kn9jwqgth1lnslf479u1.jpg

I don't think ore mature baldness is a thing...

My uncle , RIP, was a model and handsome dude. Lost his curly locks at 24... Must suck ☹️

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I've literally never encountered anyone in my 34 years that disliked cantaloupe..... until today on this board. it freaking WOULD be on this board. very fitting.... first time for everything I guess. 

It's quite common. Not sure where you have been your whole life. Cantaloupe is one of those divisive foods.