Your Opinions on the Gameday Opinions threads

Your Opinions On Gameday Opinions threads  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Your Opinions on the Gameday Opinions threads

• Keep ‘em
    • Change/Less/More topics
    • Fuggetaboutit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 03:23 PM

Just now, Figster said:

I think you need to be a member to make the link work properly my friend.

....my apology bro....but that's where he is.......

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think you need to be a member to make the link work properly my friend.

....he'sTBD  incognito just like Ritchie from TBD for whatever reasons (a/k/a issues)....bet you feel dissed, right??.......YAWN.....it's an effin' MB for God sakes.....

• Thank you (+1) 2

I kind of like how organic the conversations get when they were just structured around pre, 1st half, 2nd half, post game.

The only thing that I think is annoying is when 2 posters just get locked into several pages of exhaustive circular arguments...

Almost always devolves into pointless mud slinging.

As long as there is a way to encourage folks to take those offline. Although it can be entertaining at times ?

• Like (+1) 2

I agree there were too many topics. All of them were repeatedly mentioned in the ‘Ideas thread’ a few months back, so they were given their due.

If we continue this, I’m good with no more than 4, If at all. The Media thread is a good idea imo, to capture post game interviews, Hot tweets on injuries/suspensions/hot topics.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think letting people start post-game threads adds to the variety and flavor of the board.   Plus, the same handful of topics won't fit every game.  Depending on the circumstances of the game, you may or may not want/need a dedicated thread on say, officiating, or Josh Allen, or pass rush, or special teams, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

Dont like it.

we are capable enough of creating post game threads on our own. 

if there are similar ones then merge them. If someone is being a turd delete it.

having all those group chats is too controlling and doesn't allow individuals to share their opinions naturally.

• Like (+1) 2

I rarely visit the board during games so that part of it doesn't concern me at all, but I will say it makes it extremely confusing to visit the board AFTER games and figure out where to post something.

Can't there just be a pre, during, and post-game thread and keep it simple?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Plastic Cup said:

I think letting people start post-game threads adds to the variety and flavor of the board.   Plus, the same handful of topics won't fit every game.  Depending on the circumstances of the game, you may or may not want/need a dedicated thread on say, officiating, or Josh Allen, or pass rush, or special teams, etc.

I agree with your 1st statement, disagree on the other 2. Thanks!

I think I liked it better the “old” way with posters starting threads more organically during and after the game.  

Appreciate the desire to experiment and improve though ??

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

yeah  I get that. 

I spoke to one thing and wanted to continue the thought, but what I wanted to say, was the topic of another thread  

This is where I'm at. It can make a few thoughts worthy of a single post become 3 posts. Though coaching officiating and a few others make sense ostensibly.

I definitely like this new system. Like eball, I don't spend any time on here while the game is on. But, during halftime, and commercial breaks, and afterward, I do. My problem on game day has always been sifting through dozens on pages of about 60% meaningless posts. I generally haven'y posted on game days, or responded to posts as they will quickly get buried by all the chatter.

I think this new system will make game days much easier to navigate, and will likely elevate the level of discourse. And, I suspect it will evolve as the season progresses, as need dictates, as Chandler#81 pays attention to such things.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe a few more general threads, but on topics and not position groups.

1) General game discussion

2) Football Xs and Os questions and observations

3) Fantasy football

Maybe one or two dedicated threads to key things to watch, voted on by the board in the days leading up to the game.

Is there a way to let people put a tag on the post if they post in the general thread and it subsets into the side thread, and then people can post from the side threads and it auto goes into the main thread with the tag on it?

Note that if there was a way to navigate based on time posted (so go to page where the post was closest to X datetime) that would be so cool and might solve a lot of issues where people have to scroll through a bunch of stuff.

35 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Maybe a few more general threads, but on topics and not position groups.

1) General game discussion

2) Football Xs and Os questions and observations

3) Fantasy football

1) Already do.

2) ?

3) No

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

1) Already do.

2) ?

3) No

Absolutely, I'm saying just those three. 

So ignore ff, but just two threads...ageneral thread and a place where people can ask specific football strategy related questions. So something more involved than "look at that pass!" More football strategy focused (the lineman are kicking out or something...I dont know what to give as an example, I have no clue what I'm watching!).

I like the idea of different threads to help differentiate the convo, but think I dislike the idea of having to jump back and forth (i think, but I don't use the threads game day that much, just more thinking from a design/flow perspective...most information with the fewest clicks). Is there a way for you to give different profiles different views? You could do some AB testing using the last preseason game and see what got the most engagement.

Or you let anyone create threads during games, which I know is a non starter :) What if as the game was going on, certain big topics would get threads created, and as soon as the discussions slow on them, they get sucked into the main thread...or stay as individual threads if they're a really big deal...would take mod involvement, but could be pretty cool engagement wise...you could have a game day thread builder who rotates week to week and only they would be allowed to create threads.

4 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Or you let anyone create threads during games, which I know is a non starter :) What if as the game was going on, certain big topics would get threads created, and as soon as the discussions slow on them, they get sucked into the main thread...or stay as individual threads if they're a really big deal...would take mod involvement, but could be pretty cool engagement wise...you could have a game day thread builder who rotates week to week and only they would be allowed to create threads.

I'll jump in on this one Chandler. 

source.gif

It's a nightmare waiting to happen. They tend to shutdown new thread creation during the game anyways and I see all the knee jerk "this deserves a thread reactions at least before they go into oblivion", for being started in the first place. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

TWO BASIC GAME DAY THREADS:

1.  Positive things the Bills are doing

2.  Negative things the Bills are doing

I hate the; "Shady looks slow", "Why isn't Ray-Ray getting more looks", They should have picked up Allen as our Punter" - - it's all nonsense that takes up so much space!  Really - who gives a crap!

• Like (+1) 2