Your Opinions on the Gameday Opinions threads

Your Opinions On Gameday Opinions threads  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Your Opinions on the Gameday Opinions threads

• Keep ‘em
    • Change/Less/More topics
    • Fuggetaboutit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 03:23 PM

I really liked it. As others said there might of been a couple too many. 

Love the no new threads during games. 

Would enjoy no new threads for a certain time frame after games and keep the chats in the post game threads. I’ve never been a fan of how many “look at me” posters are on here that feel the need to have a thread just for their post game opinion when there’s plenty of places to have dialogue already with similar and opposing theories. But the site is a blast and I do enjoy visiting daily and the continued effort to please the masses on here. The moderator team do a fantastic job and some of you guys are amazing at breaking news literally as it’s happening on here. 

• Like (+1) 1

i think often people are somewhat initially resistant to change. yet they do come around after some time with the new concepts. while on the other hand, if it was a totally crap idea, the board would be in an uproar, which it would seem, we do not have that type of reaction.

i often find that in life, as with my work, it kind of speaks to you and tells you what it needs and/or wants, you just have to be cognizant of what it is saying to you. if you find that certain topics are receiving too little attention/postings, then perhaps that might not be an ideal thread. while, if you have one that is getting a lot of attention, maybe look to see if it may be better off being broken up.

personally, i am an organization freak. i like most things nice and neat and tidy. i do understand that that is not always possible nor desired but if it works, all the better. to my way of thinking, let the board atmosphere dictate, just be sure to listen to what it is saying. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, par73 said:

Too many. One postgame thread to discuss the game would be fine, imo.

The idea seemed to be an attempt to reduce the number of wild reactionary hot take threads after games, most of which are duplicative anyway.

I never understood why we don't have a single "post game discussion thread" to encompass most of that discussion.

A game result will probably also give rise to other thread ideas not necessarily hinging on the game itself, so those could go in other threads.

I think If the Topic description looks more like a normal thread topic it may be more appealing to open and enter into a discussion at 1st glance.

For instance If Ed Oliver was a stand out on preseason game 3 title the topic description " Ed Oliver shines/ Defense Discussion" 

Start the thread intro with a brief run down on his performance.

It gives the discussion a place to start.

Just a thought...

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, it seemed a bit overwhelming and like there was opportunity to miss good contributions unless you followed every single one. I'm definitely a fan of the tried and true 1st half, second half, & postgame. Maybe pin a couple offshoots after the game to centralize topics you know will be discussed, but they felt too abundant and generic to be inviting imo.

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yeah, it seemed a bit overwhelming and like there was opportunity to miss good contributions unless you followed every single one. I'm definitely a fan of the tried and true 1st half, second half, & postgame. Maybe pin a couple offshoots after the game to centralize topics you know will be discussed, but they felt too abundant and generic to be inviting imo.

yeah  I get that. 

I spoke to one thing and wanted to continue the thought, but what I wanted to say, was the topic of another thread  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Rico said:

I think 26CB would be pleased.

...LMAO......check him out at billievers.com.......asked him via PM what happened at TBD but he's too pompous an arse to stoop to answering...........

http://www.billievers.com/forums/showthread.php/39503-Second-to-Last-53-man-roster-prediction

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO......check him out at billievers.com.......asked him via PM what happened at TBD but he's too pompous an arse to stoop to answering...........

http://www.billievers.com/forums/showthread.php/39503-Second-to-Last-53-man-roster-prediction

I think you need to be a member to make the link work properly my friend.