If Chad Kelly Was Ever Going to Make It

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Just now, H2o said:

He's done. If he couldn't make it in the Colts' QB room then he can't make it anywhere............. Ok, maybe Miami. 

..if Reich lit the EXIT sign, something is STILL wrong with this clown.......to Miami is purgatory to pure hell behind Chosen Rosen...Uncle Jimbo has runneth out of "favor cards".....a potential multi million dollar NFL career gone.....SMH.........

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..if Reich lit the EXIT sign, something is STILL wrong with this clown.......to Miami is purgatory to pure hell behind Chosen Rosen...Uncle Jimbo has runneth out of "favor cards".....a potential multi million dollar NFL career gone.....SMH.........

I think if he clears waivers he will be on the Colts practice squad tomorrow.  That's a big if.  Maybe they waited two days in hopes that teams will not want to claim at this point of the week.  The Colts have a strong organization and that's probably the best place for Chad, imo.

Just now, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think if he clears waivers he will be on the Colts practice squad tomorrow.  That's a big if.  Maybe they waited two days in hopes that teams will not want to claim at this point of the week.  The Colts have a strong organization and that's probably the best place for Chad, imo.

...who pray tell puts in a waiver claim?.....this clown's career is on the SS Minnow....his OWN DOING...........

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...who pray tell puts in a waiver claim?.....this clown's career is on the SS Minnow....his OWN DOING...........

The spate of QB injuries has created a situation where many teams are in deperation mode.  If he is so bad why would the Colts have kept him this long or want him on their parctice squad?  That is likely what they are trying to do.  Report is he participated in their morning walk through session.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

3 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The spate of QB injuries has created a situation where many teams are in deperation mode.  If he is so bad why would the Colts have kept him this long or want him on their parctice squad?  That likely what they are trying to do.  Report is he participated in their morning walk through session.

...good question for Frank and Jimbo Irsay.....dunno...........

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Chad is done. He just isn't that good. 

Doesn’t his actual game actions prove exactly otherwise? Has there been a level he hasn’t excelled at? Asking seriously because the only time I’ve seen his was pre-season Colts where he was head and shoulders their best QB and with Denver where he likely would have started eventually. I’ve also gazed at his college stats. 

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Likely Luck retiring messed up their plans.  They needed to find a veteran backup QB (Hoyer) and right now they cannot use slot on #3 QB.  If Chad is lucky he will be put on PS.

Whether there is any other opportunity or not, I think he'd be better off on the PS coached by Frank Reich and staff than on an active roster which is currently going through some kind of major QB upheaval ala the Jets headed by Adam Gase.

Whether there is any other opportunity or not, I think he'd be better off on the PS coached by Frank Reich and staff than on an active roster which is currently going through some kind of major QB upheaval ala the Jets headed by Adam Gase.

Agree completely and it is his choice.  If he gets put on PS he can choose to stay on it.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

They're probably going to cut him & put him on the practice squad when he comes off the suspension.  Nobody is going to claim him & if they do it's no great loss.  

I agree he will be put on the Colts PS. Waivers is part of the process.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Agree completely and it is his choice.  If he gets put on PS he can choose to stay on it.

I did not know that.  I thought if someone made a waiver claim they pretty much have to go.  That his NFL rights go to the claimer.  I guess it would be rare to choose the PS of one team over the active roster of another but the Colts did more for Chad than give him a chance to be a camp arm.  He might be wise to stay there.

So now we know the Colts don't want to keep him as QB3.

Best chance, he clears waivers and ends up on the Colts PS tomorrow. According to reports, they are expected to sign him.

https://cbs4indy.com/2019/09/18/colts-waive-quarterback-chad-kelly/

However, there's an off chance some other team takes him. 

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2019/9/18/20871760/ole-miss-football-chad-kelly-colts-saints-jets-broncos-steelers-jaguars-brees-bridgewater-darnold

Third option, he could clear waivers and sign to another team's PS. I don't think that's very likely either.

And of course, there's a chance he could end up totally unemployed. Despite the posts in this thread, I think that is probably the least likely outcome.

I did not know that.  I thought if someone made a waiver claim they pretty much have to go.  That his NFL rights go to the claimer.  I guess it would be rare to choose the PS of one team over the active roster of another but the Colts did more for Chad than give him a chance to be a camp arm.  He might be wise to stay there.

No.  We had a RB on PS which was claimed by Denver and then at allowable time they put him on PS.  When they put him on PS they said he would be paid full salary so he had no desire to be put on other team, waived and put on PS.  Cannot remember his name.

2 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I don't think they can waiver claim him to the PS; they can waiver claim him to their roster. Once he is actually on the Colts PS, after that he can probably choose not to be signed off to another team's roster. Regardless of "team situation" I cannot see a player choosing a PS spot over a roster spot, if only for financial reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

All this means is they aren’t prepared to either carry 3 QBs on active roster or promote him to #2. This is a PS move if you ask me, and makes sense for the Colts to make this move right now.  His career isn’t done, he’s coming off suspension and behind the other QBs in terms of being ready to play.  Not saying he is gonna be a future starter, but this is the move I would expect the colts to make right now.  Question is will he clear waivers with all the QB injuries right now.  

Edited by Alphadawg7