If Chad Kelly Was Ever Going to Make It

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Given his current legal troubles, Chad is right up there with Johnny Manziel... In Latin: Douchebagus Supremus.

They have no quan for a decent civilian career. I'm sure they'll do well working at the Boost Mobile kiosk.

Edited by boater
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Seems like a nose so badly broken that it takes four surgeries to properly fix is some pretty solid proof that Choad did something to the guy.  Four surgeries is probably what took so long to file.  I don’t know what the videographer is suing for, but seems as though should at least have that paid for.  And the equipment Choad broke. 

At a guess, the guy was hoping to just get it settled quietly and was waiting to be sure he had all his expenses finalized ..... but 4 surgeries and a $14,000 camera is a lot to cover on a practice squad salary.

51 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Not necessarily.  It could be an incompetent doctor.  Not all doctors are competent as I know very well.

I was going to "like" this post as I agree, but somehow in context, that didn't seem appropriate.  Hope you have found good doctors.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Seems like a nose so badly broken that it takes four surgeries to properly fix is some pretty solid proof that Choad did something to the guy.  Four surgeries is probably what took so long to file.  I don’t know what the videographer is suing for, but seems as though should at least have that paid for.  And the equipment Choad broke. 

Assuming Chad did the alleged (innocent until proven guilty), and the doctor was competent (no idea), the guy will get a settlement if only to make this go away. I do question why Chad Kelly was not charged with assault if there is the "solid proof".

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Assuming Chad did the alleged (innocent until proven guilty), and the doctor was competent (no idea), the guy will get a settlement if only to make this go away. I do question why Chad Kelly was not charged with assault if there is the "solid proof".

Why “if only to make it go away”?  If Kelly did bust this guys face and camera up, shouldn’t he at least have to pay for the medical bills and replacement of equipment?  Isn’t that the very least he should have to do?

31 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Why “if only to make it go away”?  If Kelly did bust this guys face and camera up, shouldn’t he at least have to pay for the medical bills and replacement of equipment?  Isn’t that the very least he should have to do?

"If" is the operative word.

A lot of famous and/or wealthy people pay "just go away" money to people who may/may not deserve it to make the accuser er, go away. It reduces attorney fees, usually results in an NDA, shortens any bad publicity, gets rid of the situation, etc.  There are numerous reasons to pay someone off that do not necessarily include guilt (although guilt can, of course, be a reason).

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

Chad Kelly is better than many current starters in the league. Kyle Allen, Drew Lock, Trubisky, David Blough, Duck Hodges and Haskins to name a few off the top of my head. All he has to do is continue on the straight and narrow and his time will come.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was going to "like" this post as I agree, but somehow in context, that didn't seem appropriate.  Hope you have found good doctors.

It took 8 different doctors to find a cyst in my ankle size of golf ball.  Fortunately when found it was not difficult to remove but because it was wrapped around blood vessels, muscles and tendons as well as other parts it meant after removal nothing was in the right place.

I also had an abdominal hernia fixed twice in a little over a year.  The 1st doctor who worked in emergency room retired shortly after first one.

Via TMZ, Kelly has been sued by the videographer hired by Miller to film the party.

UPDATE 7:23 p.m. ET: According to the NFL, Kelly’s suspension took into account the “various incidents” of the evening in question.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/03/chad-kelly-is-sued-for-assault/

So not a new incident , I want to see him succeed this time around.

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

Chad Kelly is better than many current starters in the league. Kyle Allen, Drew Lock, Trubisky, David Blough, Duck Hodges and Haskins to name a few off the top of my head. All he has to do is continue on the straight and narrow and his time will come.

Based on what?  Of all the QBs you listed, only Trubisky has a full season under his belt.  And every one of those QBs has a better resume than this ....

image.thumb.png.0f243c2c756af365cba271bd2bc6355f.png

The only news he generates is off-field bad news.  His NFL stats consist of a kneel down.  The only reasons that he's still being followed by the media are a) he's a trainwreck waiting to happen and b) he's Jim Kelly's nephew.  So far, the only thing he's proven is that he's a pretty below-average human being.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

'

....and that would be WHICH league?..............

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"If" is the operative word.

A lot of famous and/or wealthy people pay "just go away" money to people who may/may not deserve it to make the accuser er, go away. It reduces attorney fees, usually results in an NDA, shortens any bad publicity, gets rid of the situation, etc.  There are numerous reasons to pay someone off that do not necessarily include guilt (although guilt can, of course, be a reason).

Sure, I don’t think anyone is arguing that rich/famous people pay to have borderline or embarrassing stuff go away.  But you said “Assuming Chad did the alleged” he’d pay “if only to make this go away”.  So why’s that?  Why wouldn’t he be legitimately in the hook for payment in that case?

Also that’s a pretty big leap of faith to think he didn’t do anything wrong here, even if it’s not as cut and dried as the lawsuit indicates.  It’s not like the alleged wouldn’t be in line with previous behavior.  

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

And yet sits on a PS and only had a shot on teams his uncle Jim has friends within. 

CK is about one step from being permanently tossed on the NFL trash heap of really stupid former ( and you really can’t say player) players who actively screwed themselves. All the talent in the world combined with the cognitive capacity of a walnut is not going to get you anywhere, just ask CK if you don’t believe me......

31 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Sure, I don’t think anyone is arguing that rich/famous people pay to have borderline or embarrassing stuff go away.  But you said “Assuming Chad did the alleged” he’d pay “if only to make this go away”.  So why’s that?  Why wouldn’t he be legitimately in the hook for payment in that case?

Also that’s a pretty big leap of faith to think he didn’t do anything wrong here, even if it’s not as cut and dried as the lawsuit indicates.  It’s not like the alleged wouldn’t be in line with previous behavior.  

For all I know he beat the guy with his camera and is guilty as sin. And, for all you know, Chad Kelly did nothing, the guy tripped over his own two feet and fell down smashing his face and camera in the process, and has convinced an attorney to sue on his behalf in exchange for 40% of the proceeds.  IOW, we do not know what happened.  And, there is a presumption of innocence in this country rather than, "Look what he DID."

You have a good day now. ? 

57 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And yet sits on a PS and only had a shot on teams his uncle Jim has friends within. 

CK is better than Hoyer but lacks the experience Reich wanted in his back up. Like I said, all he needs is an opportunity.  He has maximized every on field opportunity he has gotten since being drafted.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Based on what?  Of all the QBs you listed, only Trubisky has a full season under his belt.  And every one of those QBs has a better resume than this ....

image.thumb.png.0f243c2c756af365cba271bd2bc6355f.png

The only news he generates is off-field bad news.  His NFL stats consist of a kneel down.  The only reasons that he's still being followed by the media are a) he's a trainwreck waiting to happen and b) he's Jim Kelly's nephew.  So far, the only thing he's proven is that he's a pretty below-average human being.

Based on seeing every preseason snap he has taken. Dont forget he firmly took the backup job from Paxton Lynch in Denver then with the Colts beat out his competition to grab the final QB spot. It's called the eye test. It cant always be quantified but I believe in this kids ability and will be excited to see him get his chance one day. As I said, just needs to continue to prove he can be trusted off the field.

Just now, StHustle said:

Based on seeing every preseason snap he has taken. Dont forget he firmly took the backup job from Paxton Lynch in Denver then with the Colts beat out his competition to grab the final QB spot. It's called the eye test. It cant always be quantified but I believe in this kids ability and will be excited to see him get his chance one day. As I said, just needs to continue to prove he can be trusted off the field.

Remember how awesome Trent Edwards was in preseason games?

Stop it.

He's been kicked off of teams in high school, college and the pros.  The only thing he's proven is that he's not a team player.