Luck retiring

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Completely shocked by this but he definitely is the type of guy who would do it.  He reads books in his spare time!  What a nerd.  And I thought at first that he might just rest for a season and come back but football is a hard sport to just come back to. 

The timing sucks but but I truly believe he was trying to play.  Their last idiot GM is a huge reason why he is retiring because he got Luck killed early in his career.

and the Colts will still be a tough team to beat.

I bet you they they finish under .500.

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Completely shocked by this but he definitely is the type of guy who would do it.  He reads books in his spare time!  What a nerd.  And I thought at first that he might just rest for a season and come back but football is a hard sport to just come back to. 

The timing sucks but but I truly believe he was trying to play.  Their last idiot GM is a huge reason why he is retiring because he got Luck killed early in his career.

and the Colts will still be a tough team to beat.

Part of it was just his style of play too.  Luck was never going to be a dink-and-dunk QB.  More than any other QB of the modern era, his game was always about hanging around in the pocket waiting for deep routes to develop and open up.  Frankly he was the best at it I’ve ever seen.  And he ran like a running back, taking a lot of contact with his style (in college too).  He was a throwback from a different era.  Not sure a well-built line (which as of last year, they have) would’ve saved him.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Even guys like Rivers, Big Ben and Eli are putting together some long careers though. Not just the unicorns in Brady and Brees.

Not to mention guys like Fitz and Josh McCown...

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I bet you they they finish under .500.

I’m torn in this.  I think they have a really good roster and JB is good enough to help them win some games.  I think they go 8-8.  Let me think about it more and I’ll get back to you.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Would be awesome if he started an architectural firm. 

He's an intelligent, thinking kind of guy, especially by pro football player standards.

And he was a good QB.  He's a shoe-in for becoming one of the better color analysts on TV, if he wants to go in that direction.

Of course, you do have the issue of his weird voice!

11 hours ago, mannc said:

Jim Brown was a running back and had already played nine seasons in the NFL.  His days were numbered.  Luck has (had) perhaps a dozen more years left in his NFL career.

NFW

Luck was about to start his 7th season. Both 29 years old. Brown was still an elite RB at the top of his game. Luck's body was beat up.  No way Brown's days were numbered based on how he was playing. If anyone, obviously,  Luck's days were numbered because of the many serious injuries he's had in his career.  No way Luck would have lasted 12 more years at this rate.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

The right move. And the classy move. Well done Irsay.

Any knuckle dragging fans who booed him off the field need to get a clue.

There's a long thread discussing the booing at a Colts fan forum I visited last night.

Lots of Colts fans opposed it too.

I am willing to cut them some slack, b/c in that moment, they weren't booing Luck.  They were booing the sorry state of affairs they are now in and it was a knee jerk type reaction.

I suspect something will be arranged so Luck can go out in front of a packed house in much greater style, by awarding him some sort of team medal or whatever, or maybe even retiring his # if they want to do that.

I'd be shocked if something isn't arranged soon.