Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one can sign him to a long term deal. Not even the Texans. He has to play on the tag this year because it past the deadline. He can’t sign a contract anywhere until March. Too much can change between now and then to be giving up valuable draft picks in hopes he decides to sign here. If signing him to an extension now was possible, I would be all for the trade. 

Yes I would LOVE to have him as well , 

And I believe our defense will be better then last year , with addition of JC we could have the best D in the league!

BUT 

How much would you be willing to give up for a one year rental? 

Would you give up a 3rd ?

Edited by Putin

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah this is where the relationship with Gaine and Clowney/agent comes into play.

We've talked a lot about Clowney in other threads here but I think he'd fit in here too.    He's from a very small town and is kinda' low key off the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah this is where the relationship with Gaine and Clowney/agent comes into play.

We've talked a lot about Clowney in other threads here but I think he'd fit in here too.    He's from a very small town and is kinda' low key off the field.  

I agree if Clowney bought in to what the Bills were building and he found himself a vital part. It is easy to connect the dots to Gaine, but it doesnt hurt.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one can sign him to a long term deal. Not even the Texans. He has to play on the tag this year because it past the deadline. He can’t sign a contract anywhere until March. Too much can change between now and then to be giving up valuable draft picks in hopes he decides to sign here. If signing him to an extension now was possible, I would be all for the trade. 

Thats it in a nut shell!

37 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Thats it in a nut shell!

But even if they trade for him, and then he ends up leaving for a big contract in FA- that would probably end up being a nice comp pick.  Kind of like the Sammy situation for the Rams.

5 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

But even if they trade for him, and then he ends up leaving for a big contract in FA- that would probably end up being a nice comp pick.  Kind of like the Sammy situation for the Rams.

I dont think Beane is going to do that. If they want Clowney, it is for the present and future tense.

39 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

but you have to give up picks to get him...

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

but you have to give up picks to get him...

Right, just like the sammy situation.  Rams gave up a 2nd to get him for one year, then ended up getting a 3rd round comp pick when he left.

If we do trade for Clowney I assume and expect to sign him long term, but I just wanted to point out that there is compensation even if he leaves- that's all.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very interesting! This is getting spicy 

Hilarious that Miami got denied. However, that means that Clowney "wants to go to a winner" and basically controls where he goes with his refusal to sign the tender.

Which means he'll end up on the Pats, and theyll get him for like a 4th rounder.

:wallbash:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hilarious that Miami got denied. However, that means that Clowney "wants to go to a winner" and basically controls where he goes with his refusal to sign the tender.

Which means he'll end up on the Pats, and theyll get him for like a 4th rounder.

:wallbash:

Man...lets hope not!

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

If Clowney wont go to Miami, he isnt coming to Buffalo. Total bummer...

I'd be willing to trade 2 2nds if he would sign an extension.

Ouch two 2nd's is waaaay too much.