Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

So is there anything real to any of this stuff?  Seems like the same Twitter nonsense from back in March with about 99.99% of the stuff being tweeted is from Twitidiots and nothing but unsubstantiated speculation.  

Cant find any credible source providing any relevant information on this right now.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm sure we want him, the question is if he's willing to come to Buffalo. It's not about the team making the move, it's about the player having the power to decide where he goes.

Clowney has that power. Biscuit had no real say in the matter.

Mario did, however. Ironically also coming out of Houston at the time. But not sure he would give Clowney our recommendation considering how that all played out for Mario.

I think the more concerning recommendation would be Stephon Gilmore.    They are close and from same HS and hometown.  

But I don't necessarily think Gilmore would give a bad recommendation............he was pretty well treated in Buffalo...........and it's not like Clowney will just get to choose who pays him $20M.    Most teams will not offer that it will just be a handful of needy ones.     Thinking the LA teams and Dallas are out so the big towns without the scorn of the NY/Philly/Washington markets are out.   Bears are set.   Arizona and Denver already have their own $20M pass rushers.    Colts are in same division as Houston.   Bills seem like a decent fit.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I think the more concerning recommendation would be Stephon Gilmore.    They are close and from same HS and hometown.  

But I don't necessarily think Gilmore would give a bad recommendation............he was pretty well treated in Buffalo...........and it's not like Clowney will just get to choose who pays him $20M.    Most teams will not offer that it will just be a handful of needy ones.     Thinking the LA teams and Dallas are out so the big towns without the scorn of the NY/Philly/Washington markets are out.   Bears are set.   Arizona and Denver already have their own $20M pass rushers.    Colts are in same division as Houston.   Bills seem like a decent fit.

Probably also helps that Houston is not on the schedule this year.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

With respect to your opinion, how do possibly think we’re better than Houston?

In my opinion who is better between Houston and buffalo is very much debatable. At face value I had the initial thought that you did to that comment. 

My assessment of the 2 teams:

Better offense is Houston

Better defense is Buffalo 

Better coaching is Buffalo

Better chance of team imploding/quoting on the coaches Houston

Both teams are similar, I mean last years game came down to a Peterman pick 6

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So is there anything real to any of this stuff?  Seems like the same Twitter nonsense from back in March with about 99.99% of the stuff being tweeted is from Twitidiots and nothing but unsubstantiated speculation.  

Cant find any credible source providing any relevant information on this right now.

My guess has been that the Texans are just putting him out there to see if anyone is willing to give up something decent but will otherwise hold him to his tag.

He has a lot of say where he goes but at worst the Texans should have him for the second half of the season...........he's not sitting out the year like LeVeon Bell.    

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See first post of previous page (7).

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Speaking of Gilmore's recs ... NE has over $16 million in cap space at the moment, and he'd be a good addition there ...

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Speaking of Gilmore's recs ... NE has over $16 million in cap space at the moment, and he'd be a good addition there ...

Yeah great fit but I just can't see them paying a DE $20M per season............at least not until Brady retires and they have to start catering to star talent like every other team.

Now if he were coming off 5 marijuana suspensions and playing for league minimum BB would be all over that.    Man likes his bargains.:thumbsup:

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Im almost positive Clowney is holding out for a Pats offer.

I can't see the Texans and O'Brien trading him to NE.    They'd sooner let him walk after the season, IMO.    No question the Texans think they have a SB team and that the Patriots are their biggest hurdle.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well they have the picks to do it. Also, isn’t the Pats GM basically a done deal to be the Texans GM in s few months? Too close for comfort. 

They have picks, they have some cap, plus... it's the Pats.

Somehow, Houston will take a 4th round offer from them, and Clowney will sign a long term deal for $15M/year for a chance to win 2 Super Bowls before he retires.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Somehow, Houston will take a 4th round offer from them, and Clowney will sign a long term deal for $15M/year for a chance to win 2 Super Bowls before he retires.

With Caserio’s ties to Bill O’Brien and the future of the Texans in his hands, I suspect there is a lot of discussion and numbers back and forth on paper napkins 

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Brady can't retire fast enough.  He sold his house, so...

The Texans really handicapped themselves by not picking up his 5th year option, as teams can't negotiate with him until the end of the year. This makes me believe he'd have to be traded to a contender similar to the Rams/Watkins trade in '17.  Nevermind he's on the tag, thanks GB.

Edited by 416BillsFan

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

In my opinion who is better between Houston and buffalo is very much debatable. At face value I had the initial thought that you did to that comment. 

My assessment of the 2 teams:

Better offense is Houston

Better defense is Buffalo 

Better coaching is Buffalo

Better chance of team imploding/quoting on the coaches Houston

Both teams are similar, I mean last years game came down to a Peterman pick 6

Bills definitely have a better GM

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, JustWinPlease said:

I think people are underestimating Clowney's talent...put him on this defense and he could flourish.

People also need to take into account that he's an OLB in Houston, and he would play his natural position of DE in Buffalo.

As long as he doesn't cost our 1st round pick, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat...but I want our 1st round pick for a legit #1 WR.

This team isn't in a bad cap situation at all, they could trade for Clowney, sign him, and still be able to keep all of their own. Give him the money ($16M) from UFAs like McCoy, Gore, Gaines, Waddle and Bodine, and we're fine. Their replacements are in-house already. Clowney will probably get between Flowers ($18M) and Hunter ($14M).

He would help Hughes a lot too, like Mario did...and that Texans DE was certainly worth the money, until Rex ruined him.

Clowney is getting more than Flowers. He is a far superior player. Bandit is probably on the mark when he says Donald money. 

8 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

The Texans really handicapped themselves by not picking up his 5th year option, as teams can't negotiate with him until the end of the year. This makes me believe he'd have to be traded to a contender similar to the Rams/Watkins trade in '17.

No his 5th year option was last year. They picked that up. Couldn't get a deal done then tagged him for this year.