Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MAJBobby

Clowney Trending for some reason.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

You are kidding, right?  No holes? WR is a giant one, DE, jury is still out, but just because the OL is better than the puddle it was, doesn't mean its good.  TE is a question mark, LBs are weak for depth.. this isn't a playoff team and you dont know where they are going to spend money?

Really? The depth on this roster is near the top of the league. We still have, in this scenario (a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th) and the most cap space in the league. We have better TE depth than we’ve had since the mid 90’s (and maybe better) and added 9 OL. LB depth is young but not weak. Where do you draft a depth LB? Round 4? Good, because we still have that. If you have concerns about the roster development moving forward I don’t know what to tell you. They are in as good a position as any team moving forward. They have young (cheap talent), the most cap space in the league and depth all over (especially on d). They need some top end talent but they have the resources to do that.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Really? The depth on this roster is near the top of the league. We still have, in this scenario (a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th) and the most cap space in the league. We have better TE depth than we’ve had since the mid 90’s (and maybe better) and added 9 OL. LB depth is young but not weak. Where do you draft a depth LB? Round 4? Good, because we still have that. If you have concerns about the roster development moving forward I don’t know what to tell you. They are in as good a position as any team moving forward. They have young (cheap talent), the most cap space in the league and depth all over (especially on d). They need some top end talent but they have the resources to do that.

But we need to make sure we allocate cap money to an extension for poyer because we need to lock Rachel in long term. Priorities. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Really? The depth on this roster is near the top of the league. We still have, in this scenario (a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th) and the most cap space in the league. We have better TE depth than we’ve had since the mid 90’s (and maybe better) and added 9 OL. LB depth is young but not weak. Where do you draft a depth LB? Round 4? Good, because we still have that. If you have concerns about the roster development moving forward I don’t know what to tell you. They are in as good a position as any team moving forward. They have young (cheap talent), the most cap space in the league and depth all over (especially on d). They need some top end talent but they have the resources to do that.

 

Pretty much this. They’ve underpinned a solid GOOD team. The next step requires some of these young guys to evolve to elite. 

 

Guys on roster with elite potential 

- josh

-tremane Edmunds 

- treyD white 

- cody

-Ed O

-maybe Milano 

 

- Morse Hyde Poyer and jerry  are very close to elite 

-shady and gore certainly have been.

 

 

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

no offense taken- one he seems like a guy with great games and bad games even when in college. the 50% is me and brothers and my dad agree which never happens so i am going with it.

 

Nice :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

 

Pretty much this. They’ve underpinned a solid GOOD team. The next step requires some of these young guys to evolve to elite. 

 

Guys on roster with elite potential 

- josh

-tremane Edmunds 

- treyD white 

- cody

-Ed O

-maybe Milano 

 

- Morse Hyde Poyer and jerry  are very close to elite 

-shady and gore certainly have been.

 

 

 

Well said. The Super Bowl era Bills relied on a core of great young talent while some good veterans were on their way out. This latest version of the Bills needs to see the same thing from Allen, Oliver and Edmonds anchoring both sides of the line of scrimmage. Then, next year you sprinkle in a few draft picks and a free agent or two at DE, RB (praying for Singletary to hit), and WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I really hope the fins do this. 

 

Rumor down here in Florida is they have talked to Washington about Trent Williams so they can flip Tunsil to Houston for Clowney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Logic said:

So much hype over a 9-sack per year guy.

 

You mean the only player besides Aaron Donald with 50+ TFLs over the last 3 seasons?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Logic said:

So much hype over a 9-sack per year guy.

Clowney is excellent against the run. Maybe with his help, the Bills can go from 16th against the run to under 10 somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Not to fan the flame of this thread, but someone on the Training Camp thread saw this and mentioned Clowney... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 I really hope the fins do this. 

 

Rumor down here in Florida is they have talked to Washington about Trent Williams so they can flip Tunsil to Houston for Clowney. 

 

The Dolphins are like the LA Lakers.  For decades, hubris has prevented them from doing a legitimate rebuild and resisting the temptation to do dumb things.  People kill the Bills for their playoff ineptitude while ignoring that the *spend spend spend* Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in nearly 20 years (2000) and their last conference championship appearance was in 1992 versus the Bills. 

 

Hell, they've had just one winning season in the 10s.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

 

The Dolphins are like the LA Lakers.  For decades, hubris has prevented them from doing a legitimate rebuild and resisting the temptation to do dumb things.  People kill the Bills for their playoff ineptitude while ignoring that the *spend spend spend* Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in nearly 20 years (2000) and their last conference championship appearance was in 1992 versus the Bills. 

 

Hell, they've had just one winning season in the 10s.  

Its always going to be like that with the Dolphins. Living off the residue of past glory. The Raiders too. Haven't won a thing in years. 

Edited by Rocket94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 I really hope the fins do this. 

 

Rumor down here in Florida is they have talked to Washington about Trent Williams so they can flip Tunsil to Houston for Clowney. 

I also read on twitter that the fins and texans agreed to a deal but clowney wouldnt sign his tender to play there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

But we need to make sure we allocate cap money to an extension for poyer because we need to lock Rachel in long term. Priorities. 

Where are we locking her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Where are we locking her?

That will be in the contract details. Need to check Spotrac

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Would you make the trade and what’s your offer?  I’m so torn.  I think JC’s rep is bigger than his game but he is so talented that maybe he figures it out.  Mario was so so in Houston and was possibly the best DE in football for a year or 2 here.

 

Clowney in Houston > Mario in Houston. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dpberr said:

 

The Dolphins are like the LA Lakers.  For decades, hubris has prevented them from doing a legitimate rebuild and resisting the temptation to do dumb things.  People kill the Bills for their playoff ineptitude while ignoring that the *spend spend spend* Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in nearly 20 years (2000) and their last conference championship appearance was in 1992 versus the Bills. 

 

Hell, they've had just one winning season in the 10s.  

 

Really weird example to use in the Lakers.  They were consistently great.  In the 80s, 90s, and 00s, they won multiple championships.  It is only recently where they commited to a full rebuild that they haven't been competing for a championship.  That is until last year when they grabbed LeBron and now AD to again compete for championships.  The Lakers have won more championships since 1970 than any other team in the NBA.  The Lakers also made the playoffs every year but 2 between 1976 and 2012.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logic said:

So much hype over a 9-sack per year guy.

 

The 3rd most effective pass rusher in the NFL. Send him more he will get more pressures and more sacks. When he rushes he ruins plays. 

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

 

Pretty much this. They’ve underpinned a solid GOOD team. The next step requires some of these young guys to evolve to elite. 

 

Guys on roster with elite potential 

- josh

-tremane Edmunds 

- treyD white 

- cody

-Ed O

-maybe Milano 

 

- Morse Hyde Poyer and jerry  are very close to elite 

-shady and gore certainly have been.

 

 

I don't think Cody has the potential to be elite. To be very good? Yes. Elite? Not sure I see it. I think Dion Dawkins could be elite but at guard rather than tackle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clowney is the missing piece. His addition would radically change the Bills defense...it would give opposing teams even more head aches!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Ty plus picks for Clowney is happening... buckle up fellas

 

Any reason to believe this, or just guessing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

 

 

Not to fan the flame of this thread, but someone on the Training Camp thread saw this and mentioned Clowney... 

 

Could you imagine being on 10 teams in 10 years between AFL and NFL. Working your way from the Arena League to a solid backup.  Gets paid to join a team he wants to be a part of a a potential starter only to get traded before  you play their first game there.  I wouldnt be happy either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

 

Any reason to believe this, or just guessing?

We need to keep this serious about Clowney. Please...confirmed reports only!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I still doubt it happens, but clowney makes this defense ridiculous. Ty being held out is awfully suspicious though

 

Edited by BillsSbSoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...