Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Clowney is getting more than Flowers. He is a far superior player. Bandit is probably on the mark when he says Donald money. 

No his 5th year option was last year. They picked that up. Couldn't get a deal done then tagged him for this year. 

Wow, I was way off. Thanks for the correction.

20 hours ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

Honestly, the Bills had the #2 defense last year with a hobbled Murphy.    Is adding Clowney really going to make that big of a difference?   Especially on a one year rental?

Bills were #2 in total yards allowed. Not so good in other categories,like points allowed,sacks

16 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

The Texans really handicapped themselves by not picking up his 5th year option, as teams can't negotiate with him until the end of the year. This makes me believe he'd have to be traded to a contender similar to the Rams/Watkins trade in '17.

That was last year. This is Franchise Tag year.

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Bills definitely have a better GM

And Assistant GM! :flirt: (or whatever role Gaine has been given in his return, lol)

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So Washington?..  Who else would trade a starting caliber LT for a guy who can't sign a long term contract until after the season?

And who else has a starting LT who is refusing to ever play a down for their team again?

It does kinda fit perfectly. And better yet, keeps him out of our division.

• Haha (+1) 1

McNair a respected Texans Reporter saying the going rate for Clowney is a NFL Ready OT. 

So Bills fans it is either Dawkins for Clowney or Nsekhe for Clowney or Ford for Clowney. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

McNair a respected Texans Reporter saying the going rate for Clowney is a NFL Ready OT. 

So Bills fans it is either Dawkins for Clowney or Nsekhe for Clowney or Ford for Clowney. 

Nsekhe for Clowney is an absolute no brainer. 

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So Washington?..  Who else would trade a starting caliber LT for a guy who can't sign a long term contract until after the season?

Washington Recently said Trent Williams is NOT going to be traded. 

Looks Like Clowney will not be either at this point. 

31 minutes ago, Georgie said:

Bills were #2 in total yards allowed. Not so good in other categories,like points allowed,sacks

They were #2 in defensive DVOA, which is richer and far more holistic measure that factors in competition etc. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

They were also third in the league with regard to passer rating, and team passer rating differential is the best predictor of all stats with regard to winning and losing. Unfortunately, the Bills' offensive passer rating at the team level was abysmal. https://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/06/23/most-importantstatpasserratingdifferential

Edited by dave mcbride

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Or a draft pick for them to flip for an OT?

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

A 37 year old Jason Peters?

Yup.

They drafted my boy Tytus Howard in round 1, so they don't need a 10-year LT.  They need a reliable LT for the next year or so while Howard gets his body up to snuff to play LT at the NFL level.

If you're Houston, and your trying to get something for Clowney now instead of letting him walk and getting a 3rd round compensatory pick, why not trade him for Peters and a 3rd today? Philly just drafted Dillard, who can step in at LT right now.

20 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yup.

They drafted my boy Tytus Howard in round 1, so they don't need a 10-year LT.  They need a reliable LT for the next year or so while Howard gets his body up to snuff to play LT at the NFL level.

If you're Houston, and your trying to get something for Clowney now instead of letting him walk and getting a 3rd round compensatory pick, why not trade him for Peters and a 3rd today? Philly just drafted Dillard, who can step in at LT right now.

This makes too much sense. I’m not sure how we get in on this (especially with Waddle out). If he was healthy I guess we could have tried Nsekhe and a 2nd/3rd. The hope is that they would believe Nsekhe was a hidden gem buried on a strong depth chart.

3-way deal with Washington? 2nd to Washington, Williams to Houston, Clowney to Bills

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I agree as well, but we are a little biased. And even if we are better, we arent over the hump to being a proven winner.

For most players out there, picking between Houston, Miami, and Buffalo is like having to pick your hottest cousin.

I'm guessing he knows that the team he goes to and the next long term deal he signs will probably be his last.

Having to pick your hottest cousin.....hilarious!!