Good Night / Bad Night - Pre-Season Game 1

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

And if that's the case, I don't know how any reasonable person could say that Yeldon deserves the spot ahead of Singletary

Agree if cuts where tomorrow I think here is your RBs

McCoy, Gore, Singletary, Perry 

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Singletary is slow.  He's slippery but he doesn't have that immediate explosiveness to turn it into anything significant.

Bodine was fine.  People think its so easy to go from snapping to a 6'5 huge QB to a maybe 6'2 QB.  Bodine makes the run game better.

That snap would have been no where NEAR the 6’5 QB either. It was really Woof. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

For a man who said "the oline opened up some holes for me" my question would be "well why did you only average 3 yards a carry then?" I think Singletary will have a role on this team in 2019. But it is a 3rd down guy and a change of pace guy.

11 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Singletary is slow.  He's slippery but he doesn't have that immediate explosiveness to turn it into anything significant.

Bodine was fine.  People think its so easy to go from snapping to a 6'5 huge QB to a maybe 6'2 QB.  Bodine makes the run game better.

I think "slow" is an exagerration but yes, he is certainly "one paced" he doesn't have that sharp accelaration. There were two plays, one on that scoring drive in fact, that a running back with that acceleration and explosion takes to the house. He had the edge but he couldn't get away from the defender who grabbed him by the ankles and wrestled him down for about 3 yards. If that was McCoy it was a touchdown.

Bodine I disagree on. I don't think he was fine. I think he was pushed around. 

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, nucci said:

I really hate the phrase "change of pace" RB. What pace are you changing? Another football cliche and Tasker was full of them also

Not every RB runs at the same pace.  Some are quick shifty guys, some are patient runners, some are hit the hold as hard/fast as you can....

This is why RB rosters aren’t all made up of the same type of runner.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

I really hate the phrase "change of pace" RB. What pace are you changing? Another football cliche and Tasker was full of them also

So to me it just means a guy who comes in and hits the hole differently. McCoy and Karlos Williams was the ultimate change of pace duo. Because McCoy is more patient, Karlos just hit any hole he saw and hit it quick. Means you need to block slightly differently and as a defensive front 7 you have to defend it slightly differently. I think Singletary is a change of pace to McCoy and Gore because McCoy will always bounce looking for the hole that gives him a chace of the home run, Gore will always hit a hole and get 4 where really there were 2 and Singletary will attack holes that aren't even holes for other guys and finds a way to slip and slither his way through. So when I say "change of pace" that is what I mean.... a guy who hits the hole differently. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

You're supposed to snap the ball at the QB’s numbers.

A 6”5 and 6”2 doesn’t make that much of a difference.  Unless you think Bodine has zero depth perception.  Or he’s dyslexic. 

“Well, Barkley is 3 inches shorter so I should snap it 3 feet higher”

Bodine doesn’t do anything better.  He went from starting the majority of the season last year to 3rd string this year.  He was demoted 2 levels because he’s terrible.

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, GunnerBill said:

So to me it just means a guy who comes in and hits the hole differently. McCoy and Karlos Williams was the ultimate change of pace duo. Because McCoy is more patient, Karlos just hit any hole he saw and hit it quick. Means you need to block slightly differently and as a defensive front 7 you have to defend it slightly differently. I think Singletary is a change of pace to McCoy and Gore because McCoy will always bounce looking for the hole that gives him a chace of the home run, Gore will always hit a hole and get 4 where really there were 2 and Singletary will attack holes that aren't even holes for other guys and finds a way to slip and slither his way through. So when I say "change of pace" that is what I mean.... a guy who hits the hole differently. 

Sorry, wasn't meant as a shot towards you...listening to Tasker use cliches all night was annoying

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

LBers - There is more quality depth here than I originally though. I really didn’t see any LBers out there that looked like they didn’t belong. It looks like there is some quality depth there. 

I nearly added this as well. Totally agree we appear to have more depth there than maybe I thought we did. Corey Thompson had a good night and they have raved about him in camp. This is a guys we signed as an UDFA out of LSU after the 2018 draft, had on our practice squad and have worked with, developed, coached up.... if he ends up making a serious contribution it says a LOT about our defensive coaching staff. And all of it good. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, AllenLongBall said:

I was disappointed in Allen's accuracy. I see no difference from last year. I even felt worse after I saw Kyler Murray throw the ball, he's damn accurate.

Allen's accuracy HAS to improve if this whole thing is going to work out.

He had 2 drives and one of them he was lights out, with what should have been a TD. 

That Zay drop is such a microcosm of last year.  NFL Analysts that barely watch us look at stats and dismiss his season, meanwhile he had WRs dropping passes like that regularly.  

If Zay catches that, I doubt you’re on here with your worrying. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, AllenLongBall said:

I was disappointed in Allen's accuracy. I see no difference from last year. I even felt worse after I saw Kyler Murray throw the ball, he's damn accurate.

Allen's accuracy HAS to improve if this whole thing is going to work out.

The one inaccurate pass he threw was the low ball to Jones, and he said he wanted to bring it in lo w so the defender couldn't come over the top to knock it down.

Basing your disappointment on an N of 1 doesn't cut it. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think "slow" is an exagerration but yes, he is certainly "one paced" he doesn't have that sharp accelaration. There were two plays, one on that scoring drive in fact, that a running back with that acceleration and explosion takes to the house. He had the edge but he couldn't get away from the defender who grabbed him by the ankles and wrestled him down for about 3 yards. If that was McCoy it was a touchdown.

Bodine I disagree on. I don't think he was fine. I think he was pushed around. 

I also think that's part of the transition from college to the pros.  Slightly different angle and he doesn't get ankle tackled.

For a first preseason game for a 3rd round pick he was fine. 

• Like (+1) 1