Preseason Colts at Bills 7 pm

For us that can’t watch... Is this accurate?

Defense looks filthy

Allen looked solid

Starting OL looked good

Singletary has impressed 

Zay had a TD drop but it’s on Allen because he had to somersault, backwards flip, 360 spin to catch it 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

I didn’t see either team’s first drive, but here’s my partial review of the 1st half:

-Defense looks great!

-Mixed bag from Allen. 23yd completion to Zay was a bad throw - led him so far wide that Zay barely got his feet in bounds. A good throw would’ve gotten at least 5-10 more yards, maybe way more if Zay makes a guy miss. 

-On the other hand, his bullet to Zay that got Zay knocked out was a really good throw. I don’t fault him for leading Zay into the safety - there are no 100% safe plays in football. 

-Also some nice short throws to stationary targets, taking what the defense gave him. 

-Still feel alright about Barkley as our backup. Started with a beautiful slant to Foster, then a bunch of meh, then some nice checkdowns leading to a pretty TD throw. I think we’ve done a lot worse at backup QB in recent years. 

-You can definitely see the potential in Singletary. He has that ability to make guys miss. Just need to see it against real NFL players in addition to these scrubs. Only negative was that run where EJ Speed caught him. Singletary made a great cut to give himself tons of daylight, but wasn’t fast enough to turn the corner. Definitely a player to keep watching this preseason. 

-I think I’m in love with Daryl Johnson. Every year I have an irrational football crush on some late or undrafted prospect, and I think he’s the one this year. Sometimes I’m right (Darick Holmes and Jay Riemersma come to mind - I’m getting old), sometimes I’m way off. (Big Mike Jasper!)

-Was that Bodine on the jailbreak snap? I would be surprised if Bodine makes the team at this point.

-As for olinemen who are likely to make the team, I didn’t really notice them, which is a great sign. 

-Not a fan of the Yeldon signing when it happened. My mind isn’t changed yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

For us that can’t watch... Is this accurate?

Defense looks filthy

Allen looked solid

Starting OL looked good

Singletary has impressed 

Zay had a TD drop but it’s ok because he had to somersault, backwards flip, 360 spin to catch it 

Everything but the last thing is true.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Cash said:

I didn’t see either team’s first drive, but here’s my partial review of the 1st half:

-Defense looks great!

-Mixed bag from Allen. 23yd completion to Zay was a bad throw - led him so far wide that Zay barely got his feet in bounds. A good throw would’ve gotten at least 5-10 more yards, maybe way more if Zay makes a guy miss. 

-On the other hand, his bullet to Zay that got Zay knocked out was a really good throw. I don’t fault him for leading Zay into the safety - there are no 100% safe plays in football. 

-Also some nice short throws to stationary targets, taking what the defense gave him. 

-Still feel alright about Barkley as our backup. Started with a beautiful slant to Foster, then a bunch of meh, then some nice checkdowns leading to a pretty TD throw. I think we’ve done a lot worse at backup QB in recent years. 

-You can definitely see the potential in Singletary. He has that ability to make guys miss. Just need to see it against real NFL players in addition to these scrubs. Only negative was that run where EJ Speed caught him. Singletary made a great cut to give himself tons of daylight, but wasn’t fast enough to turn the corner. Definitely a player to keep watching this preseason. 

-I think I’m in love with Daryl Johnson. Every year I have an irrational football crush on some late or undrafted prospect, and I think he’s the one this year. Sometimes I’m right (Darick Holmes and Jay Riemersma come to mind - I’m getting old), sometimes I’m way off. (Big Mike Jasper!)

-Was that Bodine on the jailbreak snap? I would be surprised if Bodine makes the team at this point.

-As for olinemen who are likely to make the team, I didn’t really notice them, which is a great sign. 

-Not a fan of the Yeldon signing when it happened. My mind isn’t changed yet. 

On the 23 yarder, I think that’s a perfect throw vs coverage 

• Like (+1) 1