Jump to content
Bills fan since 87

Obscure jersey advice

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have my stiched blue Freddy, my screened Jim Kelly and  my prized white Super Bowl patch Thurman jerseys.  Along with those I have a stitched ugly early 2000s blue Moulds jersey.  Out of the four the Moulds one gets the most coments on game day as it's just a little different than the norm.

 

So here's the deal, thinking about picking up an ugly early 2000s white Bledsoe for a steal.  I know, he barely played here but that first season was actually pretty fun.  OR and an ugly early blue 2000s Travis Henry for not as much a steal. What should I do?  

 

Spare me the get someone better stuff because these obscure jerseys are the ones I'm looking for.  Have also considered a TO and would love to hunt down a white Stevie Jersey for a good price.

Edited by Bills fan since 87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you you should act like a human and make your own decision.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I have my stiched blue Freddy, my screened Jim Kelly and  my prized white Super Bowl patch Thurman jerseys.  Along with those I have a stitched ugly early 2000s blue Moulds jersey.  Out of the four the Moulds one gets the most coments on game day as it's just a little different than the norm.

 

So here's the deal, thinking about picking up an ugly early 2000s white Bledsoe for a steal.  I know, he barely played here but that first season was actually pretty fun.  OR and an ugly early blue 2000s Travis Henry for not as much a steal. What should I do?  

 

Spare me the get someone better stuff because these obscure jerseys are the ones I'm looking for.  Have also considered a TO and would love to hunt down a white Stevie Jersey for a good price.

Travis Henry was a bonehead...but he was a pretty damn good football player...go Travis!

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I think you you should act like a human and make your own decision.

 

Ha, just making off season board talk.  Curious to see what other odd jerseys people have and what their thoughts were.  Training camp will be here soon.

2 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Get a Jim Kelly USFL Gamblers Jersey? I would just for the novelty 

 

I like it!  

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

Travis Henry was a bonehead...but he was a pretty damn good football player...go Travis!

 

I did love the guy for a bit.  We was at a game back in the early 2000s (before I lived in Rochester, and going to games was less frequent) where he scored a TD in overtime to beat the Bengals.  But yeah, definitely a bone head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many children of uncertain parentage.  You might get hit with a paternity suit if you go with the Henry.  Try a Three Stooges styled ‘1/2’. (Three Little Pigskins)

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My TO jersey is always a hit my trent edwards, cj spiller, and willis mcgahee not so much.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, FluffHead said:

You’re overlooking the obvious choice, Ashton Youboty 

 

7 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I think you meant Ko Simpson. 

 

Same guy... basically 

8 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I have my stiched blue Freddy, my screened Jim Kelly and  my prized white Super Bowl patch Thurman jerseys.  Along with those I have a stitched ugly early 2000s blue Moulds jersey.  Out of the four the Moulds one gets the most coments on game day as it's just a little different than the norm.

 

So here's the deal, thinking about picking up an ugly early 2000s white Bledsoe for a steal.  I know, he barely played here but that first season was actually pretty fun.  OR and an ugly early blue 2000s Travis Henry for not as much a steal. What should I do?  

 

Spare me the get someone better stuff because these obscure jerseys are the ones I'm looking for.  Have also considered a TO and would love to hunt down a white Stevie Jersey for a good price.

 

Ugly Bledsoe but then renameplate to parish... then accessorize with a walking boot or cast

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a practice jersey with nobody’s name on it. Say #63. That will make people scratch their heads and accomplish your goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

How about a practice jersey with nobody’s name on it. Say #63. That will make people scratch their heads and accomplish your goal.

Along those lines, the number can be the year of one’s birth.  I have a jersey with ‘VIII’ on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Get a Jim Kelly USFL Gamblers Jersey? I would just for the novelty 

I would buy one of those if I could find one.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My "odd" jerseys:

 

London Fletcher - Dark Blue

Sam Cowart - Medium Blue

CJ Spiller - White throw back #21 (only wore rookie season)

 

1 hour ago, Shamrock said:

Sam Cowart. 

 

Got one.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone asked the obvious question:  why?  This seems to be a bizarre fetish as I don't know why any Bills fan would covet a Bledsoe or Travis Henry jersey.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, eball said:

Has anyone asked the obvious question:  why?  This seems to be a bizarre fetish as I don't know why any Bills fan would covet a Bledsoe or Travis Henry jersey.

 

Just to collect Bills jerseys from the different eras of my fan hood.  Some people collect odd things.  Not sure I'd call it a "fetish".  I'm not Rex Ryan or anything here

Edited by Bills fan since 87
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...