Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PromoTheRobot

SI very early 2020 mock draft

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Still doesn't answer my question. Why are people saying the Browns are going to win the AFC North when they haven't won dink? Name free agents I suppose.

B.c people as a whole are not smart.... And Vegas knows this.

Edited by Boca BIlls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Okay. So what has Cleveland earned? Just asking.

The Bills obviously traded up with Cleveland to get this pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PTR- I appreciate the post as just trying to help, but I’ll think about the draft in February or March.  Again, not about you, but why does anyone post a mock draft in the summer when we haven’t played the season, do not know who we pick up in free agency, resign people.

 

They simply have nothing to report, so they write an article like this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Still doesn't answer my question. Why are people saying the Browns are going to win the AFC North when they haven't won dink? Name free agents I suppose.

If the Bills had the Browns’ roster, you would be losing mind if every media member didn’t pick us to win the SB.  On paper (which means nothing), they are absolutely loaded.  

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas knows best.

 

I believe we will be picking top 10 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be tough to get the 7th overall pick when selecting 32nd, that's a lot of moving up :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Jeudy, Jeudy, Jeudy!

Is that a Johnny Tilotson reference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Now wait just a minute, a week ago SI said the Dolphins “Super Bowl Window” was opened. Now they are going to he the worst team in the league next year. Talk about hedging your bets.

 

I'm not doubting you, they really said that? The narrative was they were tanking for tua in March lol

26 minutes ago, McBean said:

Vegas knows best.

 

I believe we will be picking top 10 

 

They are usually pretty close to being right. I hope you're wrong, but I don't disagree.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Still doesn't answer my question. Why are people saying the Browns are going to win the AFC North when they haven't won dink? Name free agents I suppose.

They finished last season 5-3.  Mayfield looked like the best rookie QB and Denzel Ward is a stud.  Greedy Williams was a steal in the second.  Signing of OBJ, Richardson, Hunt, and Vernon.  Plus, the Steelers lost Brown and Bell.  The Ravens still don't know if they have a quarterback who can throw.  The AFC North is wide open.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If the Bills had the Browns’ roster, you would be losing mind if every media member didn’t pick us to win the SB.  On paper (which means nothing), they are absolutely loaded.  

 

But when it's the Bills it's "respect is earned when you start winning."  I read that over and over here.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They finished last season 5-3.  Mayfield looked like the best rookie QB and Denzel Ward is a stud.  Greedy Williams was a steal in the second.  Signing of OBJ, Richardson, Hunt, and Vernon.  Plus, the Steelers lost Brown and Bell.  The Ravens still don't know if they have a quarterback who can throw.  The AFC North is wide open.

 

So they get respect based on expectations, not winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

So they get respect based on expectations, not winning.

Projections is different than respect.  The Clippers and Lakers haven't done anything yet but are projected to be the top two teams in the NBA next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

So they get respect based on expectations, not winning.

 

They added better players in the offseason. Why is it so hard to comprehend?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

But when it's the Bills it's "respect is earned when you start winning."  I read that over and over here.

You really can’t but your Bills bias and see the difference?  Their qb tied a rookie record for td passes (ours completed 52% of his passes), our top receiver would struggle to crack their top 4, they have a super talented 1st round TE, they added a pro bowl and have a 2nd year guy who had a good rookie season, they have a 1overall DE and added a Pro Bowler pass rusher.  Come on Promo! You are the ultimate Bills fan but you can try to be somewhat realistic.

 

i mean it’s the Browns so I’m sure something bad will happen.  But I’d trade our roster for theirs in a second.  So would most rational people. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They finished last season 5-3.  Mayfield looked like the best rookie QB and Denzel Ward is a stud.  Greedy Williams was a steal in the second.  Signing of OBJ, Richardson, Hunt, and Vernon.  Plus, the Steelers lost Brown and Bell.  The Ravens still don't know if they have a quarterback who can throw.  The AFC North is wide open.

 

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

But when it's the Bills it's "respect is earned when you start winning."  I read that over and over here.

 

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

So they get respect based on expectations, not winning.

 

Doc pretty much summed it up.   

 

because some experts say Baker Mayfield's a rising star and has a lot of star power behind him.

2018 GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds
  13 6-7-0 310 486 63.8 3725 27 5.6 14 2.9 266.1 93.7 55.7 25 173

 

 

wasn't his 27 TD's as a rookie some sort of record? 

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You really can’t but your Bills bias and see the difference?  Their qb tied a rookie record for td passes (ours completed 52% of his passes), our top receiver would struggle to crack their top 4, they have a super talented 1st round TE, they added a pro bowl and have a 2nd year guy who had a good rookie season, they have a 1overall DE and added a Pro Bowler pass rusher.  Come on Promo! You are the ultimate Bills fan but you can try to be somewhat realistic.

 

i mean it’s the Browns so I’m sure something bad will happen.  But I’d trade our roster for theirs in a second.  So would most rational people. 

 

And that is why I'd not trade anything with the Browns. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

(I think) I get what Promo is saying.  

 

The Brownies have not done anything major to be included in SB talk.  They brought in talent sure. 

IMO too many unique personalities can cause problems.  Remember the Bickering Bills? 

 

The Bills should be given similar "credit" for improvement as the Brownies.    The Browns had the receiving corps, the Bills didn't.  The Bills brought in 3, 4, 5, 6 guys to fill receiver roles? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to lean towards Promo's view.  Browns were still not a playoff teamat the end of the year, and now they have to walk the extreme line of blending all those awful diva personalities, Mayfield included, along with a few malcontents thrown in.  I would say the odds of a total implosion are much greater than the odds of everything humming like a finely oiled machine leading them to a division title and the playoffs.  Not trying to be too Billsy, but I actually like our chances better than theirs for the post-season this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No one in the media will favor The Bills to win the AFCE until Brady retires. The Browns division doesn’t have a Smaug the Dragon sitting on its pile of gold like the Patsies*** do in our division. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, metbill said:

I tend to lean towards Promo's view.  Browns were still not a playoff teamat the end of the year, and now they have to walk the extreme line of blending all those awful diva personalities, Mayfield included, along with a few malcontents thrown in.  I would say the odds of a total implosion are much greater than the odds of everything humming like a finely oiled machine leading them to a division title and the playoffs.  Not trying to be too Billsy, but I actually like our chances better than theirs for the post-season this year.

Mayfield included,

 

I had thought that even last season that Mayfield may have had an attitude.  Now that he just got married, I think his young wife will keep him in line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chemical said:

 

They added better players in the offseason. Why is it so hard to comprehend?

 

So did we, but when the Bills do it it doesn't count.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

 

(I think) I get what Promo is saying.  

 

The Brownies have not done anything major to be included in SB talk.  They brought in talent sure. 

IMO too many unique personalities can cause problems.  Remember the Bickering Bills? 

 

The Bills should be given similar "credit" for improvement as the Brownies.    The Browns had the receiving corps, the Bills didn't.  The Bills brought in 3, 4, 5, 6 guys to fill receiver roles? 

 

My point is quite simple. There is a double standard when projecting the Bills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 2:10 PM, Bill from NYC said:

If the Bills were to draft Jeudy, you would soon be one of the happiest people on the planet.

 

What if they traded up for him? Because if the Bills end 9-7 or so I can see them moving up for a receiver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

So did we, but when the Bills do it it doesn't count.

 

My point is quite simple. There is a double standard when projecting the Bills. 

 

I meant they added better players THAN the Bills. They have at least 3-4 players on their team that are better than anyone on the Bills. Garrett, OBJ, Landry, Bitonio, Richardson, Vernon. Not to mention at the most important position in all of sports they SEEM to have the edge after 1 year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

What if they traded up for him? Because if the Bills end 9-7 or so I can see them moving up for a receiver. 

Even at 9-7, trading up might really not be necessary in the 2020 draft. Alabama has no less than 3 splendid receivers and from what I understand there are lots of other top notch wide receivers that will be draft eligible.

This might be the best draft for wide receivers that I have ever seen, or so it would seem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chemical said:

 

I meant they added better players THAN the Bills. They have at least 3-4 players on their team that are better than anyone on the Bills. Garrett, OBJ, Landry, Bitonio, Richardson, Vernon. Not to mention at the most important position in all of sports they SEEM to have the edge after 1 year. 

 

So a 1-31 team adds a bunch of name players and they are crowned champs. None of this "respect is earned on the field" nonsense for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

So a 1-31 team adds a bunch of name players and they are crowned champs. None of this "respect is earned on the field" nonsense for them. 

 

Who crowned them champs? They were 7-8-1 last year. Went 5-2 down the stretch. How can you get so much wrong in one sentence?

 

 They are a better team than the Bills right now. This is based on Vegas betting. Would you put money on the Bills having a better record?

 

Also, Mock drafts this early are only to show the prospects that are on the radar at this point. No one thinks this is an attempt at an accurate projection.

Edited by Chemical
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...