Brother Hesekiah

Article: Today's NFL Would Have Been Perfect for Doug Flutie

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeesh.......your shtick is so boring..........I gotta' waive ya'........it's not fair to the others I have on block.

Seattle lead the NFL in rushing yards and finished second in attempts in 2018.............and yet Wilson got sacked 51 times.

Flutie was just extraordinarily elusive behind the LOS.

Man, I guess Tim Graham never left, after all!!

You call it a shtick because I'm pointing out an asinine comparison that you made.  And that might taint your self-administered label as a self-proclaimed football expert who knows more than anyone on the board.

I'm sorry I bruised your ego.

Block away.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Where the hell is ‘Vaca’?!  Google Maps can’t find it.  Closest it comes is Vaca Key, Florida.

Dubrovnik Croatia

• Like (+1) 1

He'd probably be a lot like Lamar Jackson. Flutie was more savvy, but less athletic. The article is overly simplistic IMO.

On 7/8/2019 at 12:18 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

He was a cancer BEFORE that.

Look it up.

It was all about Doug. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 1:19 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

I really shouldn't have watched that.... 😡😡😡

who throws that freaking flag there?!?!?

I think the Jefferson "reception" was an even more egregious error than the PI call. They NEVER throw that flag, but Jones did interfere. I'm not even sure Jefferson had ONE foot in bounds, let alone past the sticks. Ridiculous.

That reel also triggered my anger at the highlights during the Flutie era. A little razzle dazzle! A two yard shuffle pass that didn't lead to a first down. The Moulds TD was ALL him. He was something else in his prime. They pretty much never showed negative Flutie plays, which were plentiful, nor did they give credit to a dominant defense. The highlights they'd show had NOTHING to do with the Bills and everything to do with the original St. Doug; just they way he likes it.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

Honestly, today's NFL lineman and LBs are so much bigger and faster now that Flutie would be injured all the time after taking hits. Let's not kid ourselves. The game he played required him to be much more elusive than the defense. I don't know that he would be anymore.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:56 PM, Gugny said:

You bring the potus into it, then plea that the thread doesn't get political ... even though it had nothing political before your post.  Bizarre.

Bizarre is my middle name.....as it is for quite a few of us here.....

Flutie was a winner in college, cfl, and nfl. I’ll always be grateful for the success he helped us to have during his tenure. Never have understood the dislike some have for him on this board

On 7/13/2019 at 11:27 AM, Locomark said:

Honestly, today's NFL lineman and LBs are so much bigger and faster now that Flutie would be injured all the time after taking hits. Let's not kid ourselves. The game he played required him to be much more elusive than the defense. I don't know that he would be anymore.

Tremaine would be a real problem for a Flutie, as an example