Article: Today's NFL Would Have Been Perfect for Doug Flutie

On 8/12/2019 at 7:49 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Clearly, Flutie who passed for 360 yards in his own playoff loss couldn’t have possibly put up the amazing 10-22 for 131 yards passing that RJ did.  Flutie had his flaws but he wasn’t completely garbage like RJ.  

Weird that you don’t like the last 2 qbs who took us to the playoffs.  They both had their faults but I enjoyed watching playoffs games and wins other scrubs like RJ taking sacks so he won’t lower his completion %.

Actually, the defensive players are becoming smaller and you aren’t allowed to blast players the way you used to.  It was a much more physical game when Flutie played.  Why do you think little guys like Cole and Edelman survive now? They would have been killed back in the day.  Much, much different game now.

There is no way Flutie survives the size of today. Edmunds is the new MLB not the SLOW guys he would run by.  Ed Oliver could catch him for christ's sake!   The Flutie worship is so over the top!!!

Just now, Locomark said:

There is no way Flutie survives the size of today. Edmunds is the new MLB not the SLOW guys he would run by.  Ed Oliver could catch him for christ's sake!   The Flutie worship is so over the top!!!

The patron athlete of “waaaaaaaaa, life isn’t fair”

so so many feel this their whole life 

24 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I mean.... Devin Bush isn’t even 230lb and just got drafted in the top 10. Let’s not pretend Edmunds is the norm. He’s a freak. Not the norm for NFL MLB’s 

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I mean.... Devin Bush isn’t even 230lb and just got drafted in the top 10. Let’s not pretend Edmunds is the norm. He’s a freak. Not the norm for NFL MLB’s 

Its not  pounds, its general height and speed and pounds.  Flutie could outrun some 240 lb bruiser LB from 25 years ago. Those guys can get on the field anymore!!!  Today's LBs could outrun his 40 time and beat him in agility. That's what I mean. That was where he excelled and got loose. Add the new size guys like Van Der Esch and Edmunds and these super quick DEs that are in the Bruce Smith mold and he wouldn't last long.