Sign in to follow this  
Brother Hesekiah

Article: Today's NFL Would Have Been Perfect for Doug Flutie

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

RJ record with the Bills - 9 wins, 17 losses

Flutie record with the Bills - 21 wins, 9 losses

probably just one big coincidence though! 

One good performance.  It was idiotic and some fans are so stubborn that can’t admit they were wrong.  

I never liked it. Also, right after the Kelly era, some fans were willing to believe anything! I knew that both Johnson and Flutie were not the long term answer...so the search for a franchise qb would begin!

Edited by Rocket94

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Weird that you think either one of them had anything to do with the Bills going to the playoffs.

in 98 the bills started 0-3 with Johnson at the helm.... insert flutie. they finish 10-3 and have top ten yardage and scoring offense.... he was solid in his time for the bills. even in the next season there offense was no less than average. still middle of the pack in most rankings

Johnson had no business being on the field or sniffing that playoff game. these are fact that have little to do with flutie being a huge jag-off. I cant even figure out how its even up for debate. one had a horrible record and got sacked 3 times as much as the other did with the same exact team. 

…. on the bright side for you..... you've succeeded in taking my blood pressure through the roof by 10AM today. that's a solid start!

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

in 98 the bills started 0-3 with Johnson at the helm.... insert flutie. they finish 10-3 and have top ten yardage and scoring offense.... he was solid in his time for the bills.

Johnson had no business being on the field or sniffing that playoff game. these are fact that have little to do with flutie being a huge jag-off.

The Bills were winning with Flutie and that is what mattered. I tried to suspend my individual opinions of players and formulas...whatever the Bills were doing it was working.

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

in 98 the bills started 0-3 with Johnson at the helm.... insert flutie. they finish 10-3 and have top ten yardage and scoring offense.... he was solid in his time for the bills.

Johnson had no business being on the field or sniffing that playoff game. these are fact that have little to do with flutie being a huge jag-off.

You take your facts and stick 'em where the sun don't shine, mister.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

You take your facts and stick 'em where the sun don't shine, mister.

star-trek-nodding.gif

• Thanks! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

star-trek-nodding.gif

Bones always seemed to need a drink!

2 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Bones always seemed to need a drink!

He was pushing 50 wearing that silly wig

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

He was pushing 50 wearing that silly wig

Had a crusty lush way about him! Like he had a ready bottle of bourbon on hand!

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Had a crusty lush way about him! Like he had a ready bottle of bourbon on hand!

Perfect cast for westerns on TV and film in his day, not the lead bad or good guy

Just now, row_33 said:

Perfect cast for westerns on TV and film in his day, not the lead bad or good guy

Yeah he was. Remember Neville Brand? He was good too...crusty edgy guy.

On 8/12/2019 at 7:49 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Clearly, Flutie who passed for 360 yards in his own playoff loss couldn’t have possibly put up the amazing 10-22 for 131 yards passing that RJ did.  Flutie had his flaws but he wasn’t completely garbage like RJ.  

Weird that you don’t like the last 2 qbs who took us to the playoffs.  They both had their faults but I enjoyed watching playoffs games and wins other scrubs like RJ taking sacks so he won’t lower his completion %.

Actually, the defensive players are becoming smaller and you aren’t allowed to blast players the way you used to.  It was a much more physical game when Flutie played.  Why do you think little guys like Cole and Edelman survive now? They would have been killed back in the day.  Much, much different game now.

There is no way Flutie survives the size of today. Edmunds is the new MLB not the SLOW guys he would run by.  Ed Oliver could catch him for christ's sake!   The Flutie worship is so over the top!!!

Just now, Locomark said:

There is no way Flutie survives the size of today. Edmunds is the new MLB not the SLOW guys he would run by.  Ed Oliver could catch him for christ's sake!   The Flutie worship is so over the top!!!

The patron athlete of “waaaaaaaaa, life isn’t fair”

so so many feel this their whole life 

24 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I mean.... Devin Bush isn’t even 230lb and just got drafted in the top 10. Let’s not pretend Edmunds is the norm. He’s a freak. Not the norm for NFL MLB’s 

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I mean.... Devin Bush isn’t even 230lb and just got drafted in the top 10. Let’s not pretend Edmunds is the norm. He’s a freak. Not the norm for NFL MLB’s 

Its not  pounds, its general height and speed and pounds.  Flutie could outrun some 240 lb bruiser LB from 25 years ago. Those guys can get on the field anymore!!!  Today's LBs could outrun his 40 time and beat him in agility. That's what I mean. That was where he excelled and got loose. Add the new size guys like Van Der Esch and Edmunds and these super quick DEs that are in the Bruce Smith mold and he wouldn't last long.  

My 6’11 thin cousin would have been great in the NBA 60 years ago