Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brother Hesekiah

Article: Today's NFL Would Have Been Perfect for Doug Flutie

Recommended Posts

I love Bills fans who hate on a qb who took us to back to back playoff games.  But then again, we have been loaded with playoff berths since so I get it!  

 

Flutie was Johnny Manziel without the coke problem.  This is an entirely different nfl then the one he entered.  He would have been a 1st round pick instead of battle his way through the CFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love Bills fans who hate on a qb who took us to back to back playoff games.  But then again, we have been loaded with playoff berths since so I get it!  

 

Flutie was Johnny Manziel without the coke problem.  This is an entirely different nfl then the one he entered.  He would have been a 1st round pick instead of battle his way through the CFL. 

 

I love Bills fans who can't recognize when the Bills win games in spite of the QB instead of because of him.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheesh this is totally funny - I really honestly did kinda forget just how much polarization Mr, Flakes brought to this city.  Kinda like Potus.....either you accept him or you don't.  Please please lets not let this thread descend into the politico morass.  Stay classy!

 

BTW....I was always 50/50 with Flakes....I rooted for him as he did add the excitement factor but I wasn't too sad to see him leave.....at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

 

Look at the stats, in three years her he never completed more than 57% of his passes,  barely averaged of 200 yds/gm, J Allen does that this year and watch him get excoriated.

 

In the 3 yrs Phillips was the coach of the Bills his record was 29-19 in 98 the Bills went 10-6, & in 99 they went 11-5 making it to the play offs the last yr they went 8-8 which wasn't that the yr Johnson was the starter (not sure) & the 27 yr old couldn't do as good as the 38 yr old wow to bad the little guy sucked so bad ...

 

He (Flutie) was so bad that the only category that he beat Johnson in the entire time they were here was WINS !! ?

so i'll take the lower stats if it comes with wins over gaudy stats & being a LOSER !! 

 

ALL DAY Just saying !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..

 

 

Russell Wilson and Flutie in the same sentence?......seriously?......we'll never know because Graham was our savior pick (COUGH)..............

 

Did you turn your head first? Are you posting from the doctor’s office again?  

 

IF, by “perfect for Doug Flutie”, we mean that there are more cameras today than ever, you may be on to something. Dougie and Theisman never saw a camera they didn’t like! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Flutie was "overrated" because of his Canadian fan base.  

Take off, eh?!

?

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Flutie was over after season 1. NFL DCs figured out not to bite on his little "pixie hop" pass fake.

If we end up with a ‘Peter Pan’ picture in the thread, it’s your fault!

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my least favorite Bills of all time. 

 

People like to romanticize his his time as a Bill. But he just wasn’t very good. And he wasn’t any good with San Diego either.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

Did you turn your head first? Are you posting from the doctor’s office again?  

 

IF, by “perfect for Doug Flutie”, we mean that there are more cameras today than ever, you may be on to something. Dougie and Theisman never saw a camera they didn’t like! 

...LMAO!!!.....Flutie >Wilson?......I'd STILL be in the doc's chair awaiting a BRAIN TRANSPLANT  to convince me.....or ANOTHER transplant to convince me Graham was the "smart choice (COUGH)" over Russell......what coulda been....

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Take off, eh?!

?

If we end up with a ‘Peter Pan’ picture in the thread, it’s your fault!

I've seen Rob Johnson in an outfit which is Peter Panish,   It was in a Florida Renaissance Festival and he was dressed up in green outfit.

I can dig up that picture if you like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eball said:

 

I think Canada just breathed a sigh of relief.

 

That's an AWFUL take.

Among the worst of all time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I can dig up that picture if you like?

No thank you, since you’ll probably pull the ‘old switcheroo’, and link to ‘you know who’...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now Doug can blame his parents for having him 30 years too soon

 

the excuses never stop 

  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

He was a cancer BEFORE that.

 

Look it up.

 

All I know is watch the Miami playoff Game.. he was not the problem and should have won that game.   Fumbles by Molds and Reed and the Reed ref (no touchdown call) really hurt the team.  But Doug had a great game but all anyone will remember on this board is that he held on to the ball 1 sec too long when Thurman missed a block on Trace Armstrong.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

But Doug had a great game but all anyone will remember on this board is that he held on to the ball 1 sec too long when Thurman missed a block on Trace Armstrong.

 

Poor, misunderstood, maligned Doug Flutie

 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

What was it...1998 and the Bills started 0-3? Flutie was way huge and very instrumental in the Bills resurgence. I believe they rallied to win the next five games. All he did was make plays for two years or so until teams caught on.

 

I'd argue it was one amazing year.  2nd year they won in spite of him more often than not compliments of an outstanding defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

 

He got a fair shake.  In Buffalo and New England.

 

Then many years later Tuhrod Taylor gotten a fair shake in Buffalo and Cleveland.

 

Successful Running QB's are a very rare breed. 

TT offense was top 10 in points, few turnovers, and #1 in rushing. Marrone couldn't build an offense to pair with a top 3 defense that Rex would soon destroy. Even Gailey could score points with Fitz but hired Wannstedt to run a 1990 defense in 2010.

17 years it has been the same story. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

 

I'd argue it was one amazing year.  2nd year they won in spite of him more often than not compliments of an outstanding defense.

Absolutely! Without the defensive effort we would not be discussing it. I remember the Bills at 0-3, but after the first win, I could sense that they would rebound. It was like a fog lifted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fan_in_tx said:

All I know is watch the Miami playoff Game.. he was not the problem and should have won that game.   Fumbles by Molds and Reed and the Reed ref (no touchdown call) really hurt the team.  But Doug had a great game but all anyone will remember on this board is that he held on to the ball 1 sec too long when Thurman missed a block on Trace Armstrong.

Who lost the Titans game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...