Jump to content
Just Jack

Thinking of getting married? Try Halftime at Pats-Bills Game

Recommended Posts

When I got married, I told my Filipina wife that part of the deal was that she had to be a Bills fan.   It was not negotiable.  Not knowing much about American football, or any sport, she easily agreed.

 

Over the years, though, she's come to realize what I got her into: all the false dreams, scorched hopes, and ruined Sundays.  A couple years ago, after commenting on the all the negative consequences of being a Bills fan, she suggested, "Why don't we root for the Seahawks instead?"  I just silently glared at her with the most evil expression I could muster.  


More recently, however, she's developed an appreciation for the loyalty & camaraderie of the Bills mafia.  Sometimes we hang out with the Bills Backers of Seattle and she feeds off the good will and unfounded optimism.   And whenever we visit my relatives in Buffalo, she makes sure we include a stop at the Bills gift store at the stadium and she proudly wears the gear she buys.  


She'd  probably think renewing our vows at halftime would be a great idea - if that was allowed.  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Remember the old custom of witnessing the first bedding of the new couple? 50 yard line, baby. Right in the logo. Train horn and everything.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Why not do it at halftime of the Bills/Pats* game?

 

https://onebuffalo.formstack.com/forms/bills_halftime_wedding_ceremony

 

 

Wedding.jpg

I'm getting married on October 12 of this year, my fiancée sent me this and I immediately said "nope" and while we both like the Bills to me this be the most un-personal thing we can do on our special day.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills, should the team be faltering, might find fans wanting to divorce themselves from the team with this cheesy tactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

That’s just the stupidest idea to come from One Bills Drive since Russ Brandon.

 

I’d much rather watch something entertaining, like paint drying.

 

Oh well, sounds like a great opportunity for a nice long half-time dump - bet all the stalls will be full.

.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would I want to have someone else eligible for half of my wealth and belongings?

 

No thanks and no thanks to the halftime wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

A "bare bones" protestant wedding takes about 10 minutes if you do all the parts.  I like it when it takes a half hour or more with the addition of music, Bible readings, a brief homily etc.  I imagine that it could be done so parts of it took place outside of the stadium before the game, and then you just did the vows at half time.  You can do the vows in about 2 minutes.

i know you are right but i have yet to meet a girl who would agree to that but the girl who would agree would likely be a keeper!!

55 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I got married, I told my Filipina wife that part of the deal was that she had to be a Bills fan.   It was not negotiable.  Not knowing much about American football, or any sport, she easily agreed.

 

Over the years, though, she's come to realize what I got her into: all the false dreams, scorched hopes, and ruined Sundays.  A couple years ago, after commenting on the all the negative consequences of being a Bills fan, she suggested, "Why don't we root for the Seahawks instead?"  I just silently glared at her with the most evil expression I could muster.  


More recently, however, she's developed an appreciation for the loyalty & camaraderie of the Bills mafia.  Sometimes we hang out with the Bills Backers of Seattle and she feeds off the good will and unfounded optimism.   And whenever we visit my relatives in Buffalo, she makes sure we include a stop at the Bills gift store at the stadium and she proudly wears the gear she buys.  


She'd  probably think renewing our vows at halftime would be a great idea - if that was allowed.  

they should allow people to renew their vows at halftime- the year after they win the super bowl and everyone is happy about the Bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they had a ceremony for divorces, this might be more fitting. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

 

...maybe SoTier thee weds ScottLaw?......slight change in the vows to "until death of the Bills do us part"....just sayin'''..........BADOLBILZ as best man..........

Mykidsdad is ring bearer...

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Marriage is a really bad deal for men, so I'll pass.

Depends on the marriage. Amazing deal for me. You just gotta do it right! 

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to propose to my wife on the jumbo tron at RWS. She probably would have said no. Oops! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

I wanted to propose to my wife on the jumbo tron at RWS. She probably would have said no. Oops! 

 

But it would have been so memorable for so many of us! Why be so selfish? ¬†¬†ūüėč

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Augie said:

Depends on the marriage. Amazing deal for me. You just gotta do it right! 

 

Congratz on winning the lottery. I prefer not to play. GF's are the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually getting married October 13. I'm signing up for this.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

 

Congratz on winning the lottery. I prefer not to play. GF's are the way to go.

 

I don‚Äôt know, my wife and her family might have your point of view on this one! ¬†ūüė謆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine this works well unless the wife is as big as, or a bigger football fan than the husband. Anyone pushing this on some poor girl who wanted a nice quiet ceremony is dooming the relationship before it starts.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick the Greek said:

I wanted to propose to my wife on the jumbo tron at RWS. She probably would have said no. Oops! 

I proposed at a 4th of July fireworks display.  I figure that way, not only would my girl associate our romance with fireworks, but I would never forget the date I proposed.  It worked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

70,000 drunks at my wedding....just what I always wanted

Related image

And Billy Buffalo, and a Train Horn..................

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

 

Congratz on winning the lottery. I prefer not to play. GF's are the way to go.

 

Cant win if ya don’t play! 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

 

Cant win if ya don’t play! 

 

I got lucky! Out-kicked my coverage in a huge way! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason to really get married anymore... Unless you just like spending money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

No reason to really get married anymore... Unless you just like spending money.

 

How does getting married change your spending pattern? On the wedding? The wife is the spender? Not being critical, just not clear about the point. 

 

My son will be engaged before too long, I think, and it’s an interesting story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...