Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Thrill

Tyree Jackson - The Next “Joe Webb” For The Bills?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Wow... such insight.  Thanks for your contribution to this thread

 

The argument is that with Anderson on the roster they were highly considering keeping 3 QB’s on the 53 man roster.  With him gone, it’s no longer a consideration.  It’s not a guarantee that they’ll keep 3 QB’s anymore.  Anderson has to prove he’s good enough to warrant a spot on the 53, over another position

Anytime. That's about all it deserved when it's comparing someone to Joe ***** Webb.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Actually thought that Tyree had a high ceiling?

 

..."Wildcat II" cometh...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Not the same skillset as Taysom Hill, but can he block or catch?  At his height, bring him in at RB, WR, or TE on the goal line and set up a couple of of other special plays where he has a RPO after the ball is either handed off or thrown backward to him.

 

Why did that not post properly?  See if this is easier to read:

 

Not the same skillset as Taysom Hill, but can he block or catch? At his height, bring him in at RB, WR, or TE on the goal line and set up a couple of other special plays where he has a RPO after the ball is either handed off or thrown backward to him.

Edited by Minotaur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason why people here have any interest in the situation is because he played for UB.  The guy should have stayed in college for another year and worked on developing himself.  It is highly unlikely that he will end up with a notable career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If I had a dollar for the countless sports articles and threads with this tiresome approach:

 

Image result for cart before the horse gif

 

......I still wouldn't pay to subscribe to the Buffalo News/Blitz, the Athletic, ESPN+, etc., etc. 

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could showing Tyrees package as a rookie hurt his development? ;)

 

Joe W was/is a veteran  when we asked him to show his pkg ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Anytime. That's about all it deserved when it's comparing someone to Joe ***** Webb.

 

If you read the original post, I wasn’t the one who made the comparison.  But why let the truth get in the way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad idea - he needs to learn to play QB first.  If he can do that, then other doors open.

 

I may be wrong but I did not understand he was an uber athletic talent - just big and strong, not fast/quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were we supposed to hear the OP out for this one?

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think PS is the most likely spot for Tyree at this point.  The PS is not a life sentence, however.  If he can work on his craft and get his fundamentals nailed down at least somewhat better, then maybe we can talk about versatility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I'm sorry, is the "next Joe Webb" supposed to be something we aspire to??  :blink:

 

I thought it was just me. I'm used to fellow Bills fans waiting for the next Jim Kelly. Never really expected calls for the next Joe Webb. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

 

If you read the original post, I wasn’t the one who made the comparison.  But why let the truth get in the way?

 

Didn't say you did. I'm quite aware that you posted what someone else has said or wrote. Doesn't change the fact that it's silly when stating that a player may become the "next Joe Webb". I mean really? lol come on man

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I was listening to The Bills Beat podcast with Joe B and Matt Fairborn who were covering rookie minicamp.  The most interesting discussion was on Tyree Jackson.

 

The two said that, despite poor weather (wind) Jackson initially was very inconsistent and sloppy on mechanics.  He did seem to settle down a bit eventually but that the camp was a reminder as to why he went undrafted....he has a long way to go.

 

Many believe that Jackson simply moves into the #3 QB spot vacated by Derek Anderson’s retirement.  However Joe believes that Tyree has a long way to go to earn a spot on the active roster.  He thinks that Anderson’s retirement makes it harder for Jackson, because he now has to beat out Matt Barkley for a spot which likely won’t happen given his experience.  

 

Because the question is....will Buffalo even keep 3 QB’s on the active roster?  In his first two seasons, McDermott has not done.  Most recently the Bills traded AJ McCarron rather than keep 3 active QB’s. In 2017, the Bills did keep 3 QB’s but 1 was Joe Webb who contributed mostly on ST’s and was their emergency QB.  

 

This begs the question would it give Tyree a better chance to make the Bills if he took a role similar to Joe Webb?  He could play special teams or another position while learning QB behind a good mentor like Matt Barkley and even Josh Allen.  

 

You know that the Bills value position flexibility and it makes you wonder whether playing ST’s would be the best move for Jackson until he fully develops as a QB. 

 

 

Does Vegas have a proposition for Tyree making the roster?    Maybe you can place a 5k bet on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Were we supposed to hear the OP out for this one?

 

No reaction outside of Duffy, shocking.

6 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

 

Didn't say you did. I'm quite aware that you posted what someone else has said or wrote. Doesn't change the fact that it's silly when stating that a player may become the "next Joe Webb". I mean really? lol come on man

 

You are oversimplifying the original idea.  I thought the idea of the Bills using Jackson in different situations/packages would be interesting.  I wonder if a couple of salty Saints fans complain anytime Tayson Hill is mentioned.

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

 

No reaction outside of Duffy, shocking.

 

You are oversimplifying the original idea.  I thought the idea of the Bills using Jackson in different situations/packages would be interesting.  I wonder if a couple of salty Saints fans complain anytime Tayson Hill is mentioned.

When your starter is Josh Allen, it just doesn't make sense. He's every bit as athletic as Tyree Jackson so what's the point? What the Saints do is unique because Brees and Hill are polar opposites and Hill brings an entirely different skill set to those specialty plays.

 

I could see Jackson potentially shifting to TE, but that would mean focusing entirely on that position. The Bills have too many bodies there so that seems like something that would happen elsewhere. If he wants to be a quarterback, he's gonna need to focus all of his time on quarterback.

 

I don't have any reason to believe Jackson would be some special teams ace and I don't know what else he could bring to the table outside of playing QB or tight end if he doesn't pan out at his preferred position. 

 

I don't even see him as another Taysom Hill. Hill plays quite a bit faster and QUICKER and is an incredibly instinctive runner. Jackson is big and fast, but he's not Taysom Hill.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

 

No reaction outside of Duffy, shocking.

 

You are oversimplifying the original idea.  I thought the idea of the Bills using Jackson in different situations/packages would be interesting.  I wonder if a couple of salty Saints fans complain anytime Tayson Hill is mentioned.

Meh

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

When your starter is Josh Allen, it just doesn't make sense. He's every bit as athletic as Tyree Jackson so what's the point? What the Saints do is unique because Brees and Hill are polar opposites and Hill brings an entirely different skill set to those specialty plays.

 

I could see Jackson potentially shifting to TE, but that would mean focusing entirely on that position. The Bills have too many bodies there so that seems like something that would happen elsewhere. If he wants to be a quarterback, he's gonna need to focus all of his time on quarterback.

 

I don't have any reason to believe Jackson would be some special teams ace and I don't know what else he could bring to the table outside of playing QB or tight end if he doesn't pan out at his preferred position. 

 

I don't even see him as another Taysom Hill. Hill plays quite a bit faster and QUICKER and is an incredibly instinctive runner. Jackson is big and fast, but he's not Taysom Hill.

 

Tell this to Joe Buscaglia and Matt Fairborn.  All I’m saying is that the idea of using Jackson in different situations is interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to say it but The Bulls WRs made Jackson look better. Anthony Johnson is going to play in Tampa. KJ Osborne transferred to The U. I don't know if he has to sit a year but he's someone to keep an eye on too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 8:28 PM, Bangarang said:

Jackson isn’t someone I’d care to waste a roster spot on. I’d put him on the practice squad and continue to try and develop him. I don’t see him ever being a starting QB in the NFL (at least not a good one). 

i have a theory that having a crazy styled  backup would be a good thing- if your qb goes down you best throw something new at them since your backup is clearly not a top 30 qb so go with something the defense has never seen. this is why i hope he makes team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...