This time last year

We had John Miller, Russell Bodine, Vlad Ducasse, Jordan Mills, Charles Clay, and K. Benjamin starting... add in Juan Castillo as O-line coach. Wow, that could be the worst offensive line ever assembled.  I can’t wait to see Josh Allen and our RBs behind this new and improved O-line! 

Go Bills!

Edited by MakeBuffaloGreatAgain
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Definitely more enthusiastic about the upcoming season than last year. Way better competition going into camp. May still be missing a few pieces, DE and a #1 WR. But thats ok. We should be very competitive this year and thats exciting. Not predicting 19-0 yet. Thats next year. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

We had John Miller, Russell Bodine, Vlad Ducasse, Jordan Mills, Charles Clay, and K. Benjamin starting... add in Juan Castillo as O-line coach. Wow, that could be the worst offensive line ever assembled.  I can’t wait to see Josh Allen and our RBs behind this new and improved O-line! 

Go Bills!

Last year, the board was struggling to come to grips with the Bills decision to trade up and draft Josh Allen when Josh Rosen was still on the board

Much calmer this draft...

The only thing is, I remember being very worried, personally, that the OL would suck and expressing that view...and having many tell me it would be OK, or at least better than I thought.  It was hoped that Kelvin Benjamin would be rejuvenated by injury recovery in the off-season and would be the #1 we hoped for, while Clay would be rejuvanated by having a QB more willing to gun it than TT was.  Alas none of that was true, and while Zay did take a step, it wasn't a Giant Step.

So....it's a new season.  Hope Springs for the Bills fans! 

I hope the new line OL is improved...I hope the RB corps has "spring" in their step.  And I hope Josh Allen has taken a step. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't need playoffs to be happy; I simply need progress.  Next year is my, "playoffs or pissed," year.

I agree.  My biggest excitement is watching a clear and consistent plan of action from the entirety of the Bills' front office and coaching staff.  I did not see that in recent regimes.

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't need playoffs to be happy; I simply need progress.  Next year is my, "playoffs or pissed," year.

Agree.  Still think Josh needs to a full season under his belt as QB to build a foundation.  

2020 will be the year the high expectations start imo.  

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Worst line ever assembled?? Hahahah hyperbole 

it wasnt even the worst line in the NFL last year 

Come on, they were pretty bad.  The worse Bills OL I have seen in a long time.

What teams were worse in your opinion?

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Cardinals allowed 17 sacks in under 2.5 seconds.  That's pretty bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m just hoping that our OL isn’t so good josh never scrambles on 3rd down.  His legs are a big part of this offense.  While it would be nice if he wasn’t our leading rusher, I’m expecting around 500 yards minimum

Edited by NewEra

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Arizona .. Houston and Minnesota were just as bad in stints

Edited by Buffalo716

Still have the same coach that started Peterman and played for a tie in the Colts snow game.

Time for McDermott to step up. No more excuses about Rex/Whaley's players.

Barring an injury to Allen, they need 9 wins and still in the playoff hunt after Thanksgiving. Anything less with this schedule and McD should take most of the blame. 

On paper many units are better except the linebackers and there you are just hoping Edmunds plays better.

• Like (+1) 2