Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MakeBuffaloGreatAgain

This time last year

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We had John Miller, Russell Bodine, Vlad Ducasse, Jordan Mills, Charles Clay, and K. Benjamin starting... add in Juan Castillo as O-line coach. Wow, that could be the worst offensive line ever assembled.  I can’t wait to see Josh Allen and our RBs behind this new and improved O-line! 

 

Go Bills!

Edited by MakeBuffaloGreatAgain
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Amazing we won 6 games...tribute to JA, because we had zero running game as well.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The roster turnover is significant and yet fans still want more.  It's hard to find everything in one offseason but they've done a solid job from the looks of it so far.  

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely more enthusiastic about the upcoming season than last year. Way better competition going into camp. May still be missing a few pieces, DE and a #1 WR. But thats ok. We should be very competitive this year and thats exciting. Not predicting 19-0 yet. Thats next year. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

We had John Miller, Russell Bodine, Vlad Ducasse, Jordan Mills, Charles Clay, and K. Benjamin starting... add in Juan Castillo as O-line coach. Wow, that could be the worst offensive line ever assembled.  I can’t wait to see Josh Allen and our RBs behind this new and improved O-line! 

 

Go Bills!

 

Last year, the board was struggling to come to grips with the Bills decision to trade up and draft Josh Allen when Josh Rosen was still on the board

Much calmer this draft...

 

The only thing is, I remember being very worried, personally, that the OL would suck and expressing that view...and having many tell me it would be OK, or at least better than I thought.  It was hoped that Kelvin Benjamin would be rejuvenated by injury recovery in the off-season and would be the #1 we hoped for, while Clay would be rejuvanated by having a QB more willing to gun it than TT was.  Alas none of that was true, and while Zay did take a step, it wasn't a Giant Step.

 

So....it's a new season.  Hope Springs for the Bills fans! 

 

I hope the new line OL is improved...I hope the RB corps has "spring" in their step.  And I hope Josh Allen has taken a step. 

 

Go Bills!

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't need playoffs to be happy; I simply need progress.  Next year is my, "playoffs or pissed," year.

  • Like (+1) 12
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will take a bit of time of the line to come together.  I am worried that might cost us a couple games we should win early on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't need playoffs to be happy; I simply need progress.  Next year is my, "playoffs or pissed," year.

I agree.  My biggest excitement is watching a clear and consistent plan of action from the entirety of the Bills' front office and coaching staff.  I did not see that in recent regimes.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't need playoffs to be happy; I simply need progress.  Next year is my, "playoffs or pissed," year.

Agree.  Still think Josh needs to a full season under his belt as QB to build a foundation.  

 

2020 will be the year the high expectations start imo.  

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nine mistakes had been made (at least!)

*

NYJ had not yet seen what they saw in Gase. 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst line ever assembled?? Hahahah hyperbole 

 

it wasnt even the worst line in the NFL last year 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Worst line ever assembled?? Hahahah hyperbole 

 

it wasnt even the worst line in the NFL last year 

 

Come on, they were pretty bad.  The worse Bills OL I have seen in a long time.

What teams were worse in your opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

Come on, they were pretty bad.  The worse Bills OL I have seen in a long time.

What teams were worse in your opinion?

AZ

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

Come on, they were pretty bad.  The worse Bills OL I have seen in a long time.

What teams were worse in your opinion?

Cardinals allowed 17 sacks in under 2.5 seconds.  That's pretty bad.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m just hoping that our OL isn’t so good josh never scrambles on 3rd down.  His legs are a big part of this offense.  While it would be nice if he wasn’t our leading rusher, I’m expecting around 500 yards minimum

Edited by NewEra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

Come on, they were pretty bad.  The worse Bills OL I have seen in a long time.

What teams were worse in your opinion?

Arizona .. Houston and Minnesota were just as bad in stints

Edited by Buffalo716

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still have the same coach that started Peterman and played for a tie in the Colts snow game.

Time for McDermott to step up. No more excuses about Rex/Whaley's players.

Barring an injury to Allen, they need 9 wins and still in the playoff hunt after Thanksgiving. Anything less with this schedule and McD should take most of the blame. 

On paper many units are better except the linebackers and there you are just hoping Edmunds plays better.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Arizona .. Houston and Minnesota were just as bad in stints

 

I guess you're right.  The Bills fielded a pretty good OL last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m just hoping that our OL isn’t so good josh never scrambles on 3rd down.  His legs are a big part of this offense.  While it would be nice if he wasn’t our leading rusher, I’m expecting around 500 years minimum

Ideally he only runs when the other team messes up and leaves him without a spy along with the occasional flush out of the pocket scramble to extend plays on third down.  He'll be even more effective running the ball if the running backs can bounce back this season and do a nice job as a committee.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m just hoping that our OL isn’t so good josh never scrambles on 3rd down.  His legs are a big part of this offense.  While it would be nice if he wasn’t our leading rusher, I’m expecting around 500 years minimum

They will design some draws for him. I also see him still learning and holding on to the ball at times and then needing to scramble.

The line has been flipped which should lead to different outcome. I also like having Daboll back for a second year. Hopefully this will lead to some good production.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m just hoping that our OL isn’t so good josh never scrambles on 3rd down.  His legs are a big part of this offense.  While it would be nice if he wasn’t our leading rusher, I’m expecting around 500 years minimum

damn that auto correct, lol

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just happy to see they addressed the o line as well made some great improvements. Definitely excited for the season to start. It definitely feels different then any thing ever the bills have done in the offseason. Me personally I think we have the right coach, now all the right players to turn the corner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Last year, the board was struggling to come to grips with the Bills decision to trade up and draft Josh Allen when Josh Rosen was still on the board

Much calmer this draft...

 

The only thing is, I remember being very worried, personally, that the OL would suck and expressing that view...and having many tell me it would be OK, or at least better than I thought.  It was hoped that Kelvin Benjamin would be rejuvenated by injury recovery in the off-season and would be the #1 we hoped for, while Clay would be rejuvanated by having a QB more willing to gun it than TT was.  Alas none of that was true, and while Zay did take a step, it wasn't a Giant Step.

 

So....it's a new season.  Hope Springs for the Bills fans! 

 

I hope the new line OL is improved...I hope the RB corps has "spring" in their step.  And I hope Josh Allen has taken a step. 

 

Go Bills!

 

 

 

 

I find it ironic that Arizona did with Josh Rosen what many advocated for if Josh Allen didn't show enough-draft another QB if Josh played poorly enough that we got the top pick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...