Derek Anderson retired

David Tyree, and questions rampant here?, answered in the original link published BY THE BILLS makes me wonder how much we actually retain - or even read for that matter. ?‍♂️We have a hard enough time reading inbetween the lines lol. We need to get the info we are offered correct!!! Im not sure whether to laugh or shake my head. Youd think we are Dolphins fans or something?

8 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

They're not carrying 3

I mean...Beane said they'll go with those 3...in may...sssoooo.....

At the end of the day, we've seen them make questionable (at the time) roster decisions. I dont think its out of the question so definitively BUT Id hope/think they learned their lesson w no vet qb last year. So at the end of the day 2 QB obv makes it easier to be heavier at other positions BUT i think it comes down to how TJ does. If they dont wanna be without a vet, but are impressed enough with TJ that they believe in him and dont want to lose him (remains to be seen) then at the very least I can envision a senerio where they roll 3 deep.  That said, its a long time between now and sept and anything can happen so speculation is a moot point until the bullets fly in the summer imo

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Do you see Tyree Jackson on the PS?

What I like about T Jax is that he is a poor mans Josh Allen. Similar build, skill set, athleticism, strengths and weaknesses

I was pretty obvious in my desire to see Buffalo grab him from the 6th round on. I'm happy Buffalo got him for those reasons.

As a non-starter, with similar skills, he seems a great project backup that allows Daboll to keep most of a Josh Allen offense

in place if T Jax can develop into a reasonable backup.

Neither DA or Barkley can offer that

I like Barkley.  I think hes the backup this season with Jackson on the practice squad.  I think Jackson may be raw enough for it to be a safe move.

36 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Everyone thinks David Tyree will be given the 3rd spot just because he was a local product.  There’s no evidence the Bills will even keep 3 QB’s on the team

I know.  That is what I said.  I think they only keep 2.

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

I mean...Beane said they'll go with those 3...in may...sssoooo.....

At the end of the day, we've seen them make questionable (at the time) roster decisions. I dont think its out of the question so definitively BUT Id hope/think they learned their lesson w no vet qb last year. So at the end of the day 2 QB obv makes it easier to be heavier at other positions BUT i think it comes down to how TJ does. If they dont wanna be without a vet, but are impressed enough with TJ that they believe in him and dont want to lose him (remains to be seen) then at the very least I can envision a senerio where they roll 3 deep.  That said, its a long time between now and sept and anything can happen so speculation is a moot point until the bullets fly in the summer imo

I hear ya, I think you consider Barkley a veteran despite his short comings as a starter during his tenures as one. 

I think Tyree goes to the PS

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Everyone thinks David Tyree will be given the 3rd spot just because he was a local product.  There’s no evidence the Bills will even keep 3 QB’s on the team

So we're gonna bring in a former WR to play QB? Culley had a tough enough time transitioning from WR to QB COACH. I think this would be even more difficult.

I guess you never know.

Happy for the guy. He stepped in to a bad situation last year and absorbed more than his fair share of crazy hits on basically a week’s notice—he deserves to go out (again) on whatever terms he wants. I do hope he finds a role with the Bills to stick around for JA. 

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Damn. I really liked having 3 guys that could play. It made injury not be as daunting. I guess this kid from UB just got an unbelievably timed gift.

Uhhhh....did you watch Anderson play last year?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I hear ya, I think you consider Barkley a veteran despite his short comings as a starter during his tenures as one. 

I think Tyree goes to the PS

Agreed on Barkley. 

The cool/good part is TJ is in control of his destiny to a degree - which is all you can hope for as a UDFA. He COULD push to become the 2 next year. If he impresses and forces them to keep him up (but do the whole not dress thing) then so be it. If he struggles but they still like him then PS is an easier option. I totally forget, did Cardale initially get placed on the PS? Either way, its possible they have similar paths- for better or worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/derek-anderson-calls-it-a-career

Beane mentioned that he intends to keep three quarterbacks on the roster for near future.

"Right now we’re going to roll with these three . We’ll see how Tyree adjusts and how he does and give him a chance and compete. We’re excited we got Tyree and we’re excited to see him this weekend."

Ok so they are carrying three thru camp. Not really ground breaking. 

4 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Agreed on Barkley. 

The cool/good part is TJ is in control of his destiny to a degree - which is all you can hope for as a UDFA. He COULD push to become the 2 next year. If he impresses and forces them to keep him up (but do the whole not dress thing) then so be it. If he struggles but they still like him then PS is an easier option. I totally forget, did Cardale initially get placed on the PS? Either way, its possible they have similar paths- for better or worse. 

Good point on cardale. I read his wikipedia because I honestly don't recall if he was sent to the PS. It mentions nothing of it, and given the way this team has been ran. I think they actually carried 3, but I could be totally wrong.  Cardale was a 4th round pick vs a UDFA .

I think TJ clears waivers for PS unless some team with depth thinks he's worth the risk. I can't see why after drafting Allen as high as they did with the amount of WRs and RBs they they think they have to protect him.

10 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Agreed on Barkley. 

Cardale was on the active roster as 3rd string behind EJ and Tyrod, but he won a national title wasn’t an UDFA.  He played in one game.

I think Tyree will also be on the active roster as 3rd string.  Who knows?  Kid could be the next Kurt Warner, or Warren Moon!

Edited by The Senator

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There you go. Bad QBs are always available.

Do Jax fans now expect him to become a coach like our fans do with DA?

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Valedictorian of Summer School

Thinnest kid at fat camp

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Damn. I really liked having 3 guys that could play. It made injury not be as daunting. I guess this kid from UB just got an unbelievably timed gift.

Derek Anderson can play? Coulda fooled me.