Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
boco357

Derek Anderson retired

Recommended Posts

Good. Open roster spot.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I predicted Tyree Jackson would make the team.... Looks like it'll definitely happen now.

They could only carry 2 QB's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He was a good a #3 qb as you could find in the league

 

Lol what a statement. Based on absolutely nothing.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are worried about the 3rd QB during the season I am more worried about getting a good draft pick if it gets that bad.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He was a good a #3 qb as you could find in the league

Valedictorian of Summer School

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I predict they are only carrying 2 QBs into season. 

 

With Tyree in the PS 

True considering half the league doesn’t carry 3 QBs 

I'd be fine with that. Barkley is more polished as a backup then the rookie.  Too bad Derek couldn't just Immediately become a qb coach for Josh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I doubt the Bills are excited about heading into a season with 3 very inexperienced QBs. I realize Barkley is a veteran but it’s not as if he has a ton of game experience. Allen probably has more starts and he missed a bunch of last season. I bet they look for another vet backup qb to go with Barkley. At least for preseason competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I'd be fine with that. Barkley is more polished as a backup then the rookie.  Too bad Derek couldn't just Immediately become a qb coach for Josh.

Why does every player have to become a coach? 

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did we sign him as a coach yet???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for him. He was contemplating it for weeks and the team knew. Seems more controlled thwn past situations.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DO I SEE AN OPEN JOB HERE?

Image result for colin kaepernick
  • Meh 2
  • Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Good for him. He was contemplating it for weeks and the team knew. Seems more controlled thwn past situations.  

Curious how you know this? Did they know before the draft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOUSE said:

DO I SEE AN OPEN JOB HERE?

Image result for colin kaepernick

He is a #2 we are looking for a good #3

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Curious how you know this? Did they know before the draft?

It is right in the article that was posted by the OP.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fansince88 said:

It is right in the article that was posted by the OP.

Didn’t see that. Thought you had the scoop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Didn’t see that. Thought you had the scoop.

I have a scoop of Adirondack Bear Claw ice cream in my bowl right now.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People like Derek Anderson on the roster UNTIL he has to actually play football. He was wasting a roster spot.

 

If he's only there to coach and mentor, he should be a coach/mentor. 

 

It's nice for a rookie to have that veteran presence, but this is Allen's team for the foreseeable future. Barkley is a vet perfectly content playing the backup/support role. There was no need for Derek Anderson on the roster.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fansince88 said:

I have a scoop of Adirondack Bear Claw ice cream in my bowl right now.

Show off

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

People like Derek Anderson on the roster UNTIL he has to actually play football. He was wasting a roster spot.

 

If he's only there to coach and mentor, he should be a coach/mentor. 

 

It's nice for a rookie to have that veteran presence, but this is Allen's team for the foreseeable future. Barkley is a vet perfectly content playing the backup/support role. There was no need for Derek Anderson on the roster.

Derek Anderson is all used up in both capacities.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think it’s a good idea to have 4 in the offseason that know the playbook and then sharpen it right before the year. Plus I don’t want Allen put in position to take a lot of hits in the preseason. I like having a full complement of QB that know the playbook Incase you have to go through a few in the regular season.

 

You obviously have 4 arms in camp and it’s good to have a kid on the squad and a vet at home on speed dial... but it’s not super urgent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well now I can exit the fear bunker I built in case he ever had to play again in a Bills uni. It was terrifying. 

 

If you didn’t do so when he was cut, don’t forget to properly dispose of the cyanide capsule that was to be used in the event all hope was lost and Peterman had to start again.

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mentor gone, but that's ok. A #3 QB does not make or break the team. I wonder if they will go with 2 QB's or if Jackson will now make the team.

 

I expect we'll bring in another camp arm regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Derek Anderson is all used up in both capacities.

Yeah. I don't know why it's a foregone conclusion that Anderson gets into coaching. I expect him to retire to Arizona and live his life. It's great that Anderson gave Allen a few pointers as a rookie; not sure that he had any more up his sleeve. 

 

This may be a little unfair, but Anderson is not a particularly bright guy. Some low IQ guys have an extremely high football IQ. I get that. Just wouldn't be surprised if that's the last we see of him.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I predicted Tyree Jackson would make the team.... Looks like it'll definitely happen now.

If by making team you mean PS, then his chances just went up.  He would have to play at a high level to make it as #3 I suspect.  This will more likely mean an additional WR or TE will make the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...