NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

12 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Again, this is just not a good WR class. The Bills WR room wasn't going to be fixed with this draft. All these things were said before this draft. 

They would literally be drafting another WR2 to join the current ones on the squad.

The Bills need a WR1, he isn't in this draft, IMO.

2017 was a bad qb class they said.  And everyone before the draft said while there weren’t a ton of 1st round receivers, it was a very deep class.  I think folks are changing the narrative now. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I don't think this class makes me trust them any less because I agree with what seems to be their take on this class - it isn't that good.

I thought it was a good deep class.  There might not be a ton of stars but there are plenty of good number 2s with 1 potential if they get lucky. Harry, The Browns, Butler, Campbell, Butler, etc.  that’s a pretty solid group. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

2017 was a bad qb class they said.  And everyone before the draft said while there weren’t a ton of 1st round receivers, it was a very deep class.  I think folks are changing the narrative now. 

A deep class of #2s and #3s was what I said.

• Like (+1) 1

Bryce Love to the Skins. In the 4th. I had a few folks from this board argue against me that Love would last to the 6th or 7th. I hate to say I'm right, but... proof is in the pudding, gents. THAT is why you take your guy before someone else does. It also helps put the Singletary pick into perspective, and makes me even happier that we snagged him when we did. Wishing Love the best; I wanted him. Glad the Patsies missed on him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Depends on the person, 2017 was a good QB class for myself before hindsight and honestly wasn't happy about not taking Watson at 10 or Mahomes. 

I think this WR group is not nearly as bad as people think. A couple or few of these guys might become huge studs in the league for years to come. Time will tell.....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Bryce Love to the Skins. In the 4th. I had a few folks from this board argue against me that Love would last to the 6th or 7th. I hate to say I'm right, but... proof is in the pudding, gents. THAT is why you take your guy before someone else does. It also helps put the Singletary pick into perspective, and makes me even happier that we snagged him when we did. Wishing Love the best; I wanted him. Glad the Patsies missed on him. 

Just for me, Butler instead of our TE and Love in the 4th would have made this a homerrun draft. 

• Like (+1) 3

Hard to call a WR class good that doesn't send someone to the league before pick 25.  Not giving into the temptation to reach for need brings me some comfort.  Maybe we'll find another Robert Foster lurking deep down there!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

A lot of quality vets are on ‘trade watch’

Agholor

Rudolph

Darron Lee

Arik Armstead

Chris Harris

to name a few. juss sayin’

Rudolph please!

Harris would be outstanding, but the cost to acquire and pay might be too much.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

A lot of quality vets are on ‘trade watch’

Agholor

Rudolph

Darron Lee

Arik Armstead

Chris Harris

to name a few. juss sayin’

And I can see McBeane going that way. 

With a young QB, you want veteran WRs who know how to run routes and be where they're supposed to be.    Zay Jones proves that as well--I don't think the guy ever runs the same route twice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don't think they really said that about the QBs as they still had 1 go top 5 and 3 in the top 15. If you said 2013, I would agree.

I haven't changed my narrative at all, I've said the same exact thing all offseason. The Bills should trade for a WR1 and draft a WR2 because there isn't a WR1 in the draft.

I'm not saying the BIlls have handled the WR position correctly, they haven't, but to expect this draft to fix would be foolish, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1