Update: Dan Snyder in control of RD1? WAS (To 5 for QB Jones/Haskins)

Just now, whatdrought said:

I wonder how high Atlanta is willing to go for a DT... They seem to be a team that is close to one player away, and the coach is hanging by a thread, so It makes sense. 

Pisses me off because I really want Oliver, I don't want to be stupid with a trade either. This is our best chance at an elite pass rusher IMO

• Like (+1) 1

If the primary targets (Oliver, Hockenson, Williams) all somehow go in the top 8 and the Skins come calling to move to #9 that would be the best scenario to come out of it. 

Get down into the 15 area and now it's more palatable to take Metcalf, Wilkins, Fant or someone like that

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I have a hard time seeing a team trade up into the top five or six from outside of the top ten for a defensive player.  The Bills moved up for Edmunds but that is after he slid in the draft quite a bit. 

In a draft where there aren't any QBs rated in the top 10 trading up sometimes becomes cheaper. Look at 2013 a weak QB class, Miami was able to move from 12 to 3 for their 2013 2nd rounder. That's nuts. Now their are elite defensive prospects so it'll probably be more than what Miami paid but maybe it turns out cheaper.

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I have a friend that's a big Falcon's fan and he believes they are selling the farm to move up for Oliver.

Just curious, could their window be closing?  Thus they're wanting to move up drastically?  

9 minutes ago, JM57 said:

If the primary targets (Oliver, Hockenson, Williams) all somehow go in the top 8 and the Skins come calling to move to #9 that would be the best scenario to come out of it. 

Get down into the 15 area and now it's more palatable to take Metcalf, Wilkins, Fant or someone like that

If all of Beane's "elite" players are off the board I can see him gambling and moving down as far as WAS.

My perfect world scenario is that CIN wants a QB left and is worried about DEN.

I think it would be a "no brainer" to move down 2 (with one being a QB) for CIN 3rd (pick #72) and I'd even give them a 5th.

My fantasy is to have the Bills pick a TE that Belliboy is hoping for with pick #73!

I can see this.  But I'm not too worried about other teams.   I think whatever happens before our pick, an elite, game changing, perennial pro-bowl prospect will be there at 9.  I can't see a scenario where that isn't the case.  

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing is guaranteed but I think Oliver is a high ceiling high floor player.   

He not only is an elite athlete for his size but he has an elite motor.   When you couple that with his elite first step, I just don't see how he doesn't at a very minimum turn out to be a good pro player.

If the Bills think as highly of him as I do, I think he's worth giving up a 2020 2nd rounder to package along with our #9 pick to get him.   I just don't think he will be there at 9 and to be honest with you, probably won't be there after the #6 pick anyways.  

Which would be too bad because he is a perfect fit for what the Bills want.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

Just curious, could their window be closing?  Thus they're wanting to move up drastically?  

I think that's the gist of it.  They think they have most of the pieces and are only a couple of players away from being back in it.  I don't necessarily agree but that's them and their fanbase.

Idk about any other team, but if we perform this year the way many people in & outside the team expect, we won’t see #9 for a long time. Combine this with Beane’s own words regarding top 10 talent as “Generational Player”, has me believing we won’t trade back. Maybe up..

• Like (+1) 3

Would be thrilled if Washington jumps up into the top 5 to take a QB.  Hopefully Kyler is taken #1, QB to Washington at 4 - 5, and that pushes the Giants or another team to fly up in the top 8 to get a 3rd QB.  Then all of a sudden all those DL'ers are pushed to us at 9. Best Case Scenario! 

Not so much with ATL and Oliver.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Trying to jump Giants for Haskins?

Or trying to bait the Giants into taking their QB at 6 instead of 17? I could see either being the case.