Update: Dan Snyder in control of RD1? WAS (To 5 for QB Jones/Haskins)

10 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm thinking Wilkins or Williams. I will be happy, unless it is a DB, and root for the guy. If It's DB I'm not watching the rest of the draft :bag:

there is ZERO chance we take a defensive back in round 1.

7 hours ago, Putin said:

Oliver is an elite pass rusher ???

i guess you haven’t watched him play much have you ??? 

36 games

12 sacks  against schools most of us never heard of 

I probably shouldn't have said "pass rusher" to avoid confusion. McD's D like one gap penetration and interior pressure to help collapse the pocket to combat pulling guards on the run and to get in the QBs face. It is easier to neutralize edge rushes. Oliver fits that with his athleticism and very quick moves

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I need a puke emoticon if I am a Skins fan.  If they are going to get any QB, Murray makes the most sense.  But I just don't see Murray being worth all that risk...the bounty...2 firsts, 2 2nds to get him, and maybe more?  YUCK.

RG3 set them back a lot as it is, still didnt learn his lesson.  Yet the best QB on his roster was the 4th round guy they drafted same year they took RG3.  

The worst part for me is thinking about the Jets getting ALL that draft capital...and next year is supposed to be RICH at the offensive skill positions.  So they could LOAD up Darnold with weapons and more on the D over these 2 drafts.  FML...if the Skins do this trade I will probably hate them as much as an AFCE team....I wont care at all if they make this crazy trade with someone else, just not the Jets.  

I don't care if the Jets get 5 1st round picks.  If Daniel Jones goes #3 it's a VERY good thing for us.

“In Dwayne Haskins, the Redskins Are Getting a Quarterback and a Brand”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/26/dwayne-haskins-redskins-first-round-draft-party-marketing-company-brand

• The ticketed 300-person draft party on Thursday night—a production of the Haskins & Haskins Group—was just a taste of the big things Washington’s first-round pick and his family envision for the future. Welcome to the NFL’s new era, where the face of the franchise is also a franchise in his own right.

It was disappointing that everyone was saying he didn’t want to go to the draft because he was afraid he wasn’t going to get picked,” says Rick Chudnick, a high school friend of Dwayne Sr. “I said no, he’s got this support system and there is something bigger about Dwayne because he has the Haskins brand.”

Once inside, Dwayne Jr. heads into the VIP room, separated from the rest of the bowling alley by a door, where an undercover security detail watches him. Guests are given credentials with an illustration of Dwayne Jr. wearing a crown and his nickname, “Simba,” on one side and a list of his records on the other. The nickname provides an obvious coming-of-a-king analogy that’s a natural tie to the theme of an ascending rookie QB. T-shirts commemorating the night are on sale for $25.

Kind of sounds a bit like RGIII.

Edited by BillsFan4

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/04/heres-the-strange-conversation-i-had-with-dawyne-haskins-father-before-he-hung-up-on-me.html

Dwayne Haskins Jr.'s father hung up on me, his NFL star mentor Mohamed Sanu had “no comment” and an official at his Maryland-based high school says he was told to direct all media inquiries to the family, “especially from reporters from New Jersey.”

Tracing the pre-teen years of NFL Draft prospect and possible Giants draft pick Dwayne Haskins in New Jersey was a strange two-month journey, but the alarm bells didn’t sound until his father returned my text message.

In 15 years reporting on New Jersey sports, including six on mainly high schools, seven on mainly Rutgers athletics and now two on the Giants, I never before experienced a level of mystery and push-back like this.

What a wild interview. Wow. 

Edited by BillsFan4