Update: Dan Snyder in control of RD1? WAS (To 5 for QB Jones/Haskins)

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

the story is very plausible. being that the  head coaches are brothers, i can see this trade happening easily. it would probably involve two firsts, + from the 'skins.

additionally, if three and possibly four QB's go before we get to our pick at 9, chances are good we get one of the top 5 players in the draft. would love to nab Q. Williams.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

additionally, if three and possibly four QB's go before we get to our pick at 9

This would be a dream scenario. Murray, Jones, and Lock all in the top 8. I would feel much better about Oliver being available if that happens.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Nothing is guaranteed but I think Oliver is a high ceiling high floor player.   

He not only is an elite athlete for his size but he has an elite motor.   When you couple that with his elite first step, I just don't see how he doesn't at a very minimum turn out to be a good pro player.

If the Bills think as highly of him as I do, I think he's worth giving up a 2020 2nd rounder to package along with our #9 pick to get him.   I just don't think he will be there at 9 and to be honest with you, probably won't be there after the #6 pick anyways.  

Which would be too bad because he is a perfect fit for what the Bills want.

Do you think Oliver is the 'Kyle replacement' we are looking for?

While he's a stud athlete...seems like he plays small...280lbs?

9 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Cue the Joker "And here we go!"

I've felt like things have been too cool on these QBs.  Teams without them get silly.  Watch 3 (maybe 4) be gone by the time we pick.

that would be aaaaaamazing.

5 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Do you think Oliver is the 'Kyle replacement' we are looking for?

While he's a stud athlete...seems like he plays small...280lbs?

I do.  I think he has considerable more upside from an athletic standpoint but Kyle as you know was crafty and the heart of a lion.  But I do see him playing that role, which is as a disruptor/passrusher.    Plus I think he will beef up to around the 295 area over the next 15 months.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This would be a dream scenario. Murray, Jones, and Lock all in the top 8. I would feel much better about Oliver being available if that happens.

don't sleep on Haskins. Snyder loves him (or so we're told).

Edited by Foxx

30 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

More QB's taken ahead of our pick is great news.  

My biggest fear with Snyder taking the reigns is that it is the Jets who walk away with a bounty of picks from the 'Skins.  

Even if the Jets get a boatload of picks they would be out of the top 10. I'm kind of conflicted as to which we benefit more from.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Idk about any other team, but if we perform this year the way many people in & outside the team expect, we won’t see #9 for a long time. Combine this with Beane’s own words regarding top 10 talent as “Generational Player”, has me believing we won’t trade back. Maybe up..

I agree,  I think there is a bit of a drop off between "elite" talent in the top 11 or so picks, and "very very good" the rest of the first round.  

Ideally, we grab "elite" at 9, and trade back into the first for someone who is "elite" that falls (Simmons, etc.).  

We did this last year when Edmunds fell.  

• Like (+1) 2