Bills 2019 NFL Draft: Buffalo Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf, says SI’s Gary Gramling

HOUSE

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

So, what's your solution?  Use a 2nd on Jerry Tillery, who did nothing of significance for Notre Dame last season?  Use a 2nd on Jeffrey Simmons, who tore his ACL preparing for the Combine and will likely miss the entire season?  Take Khalen Saunders,  a DT who has NEVER consistently gone up against legitimate competition, in the 3rd?

Khalen Saunders held his own in the Senior Bowl against legitimate competition. And he's just as athletic as your superhero Ed Oliver.

Edited by the skycap
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ohhhhh nooooo blue cheese or ranch 

I always worry when any prospect talks about wings...

That is what Marcell Dareus has done to my psyche...I now expect Metcalf to show up for Camp at a robust 345...?

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Not at all. Just pointing out that just because we had a bad experience with drafting a WR in the top 10, doesn't automatically make it a death knell for that pick. There's been plenty of successful (and plenty of unsuccessful) WRs picked in the top 10.

The bad part was the trade - he wasn't like a crazy bust.  He currently carries the highest cap hit on one of the best teams in the league.

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

I'm thinking more like a jacked Randy Moss.

Except Randy Moss has amazing hands and healthy college production to back it. DK looks great and may end up being great. However he hasn’t ever put up great numbers. Wasn’t even the #1 WR on his team. Film vs Greedy from LSU shows he struggles. He outweighs Greedy by about 40 lbs too. In years past most agreed on the top tier of WR’s. This year it’s a crapshoot. With the top talent in this draft I would be shocked if we took DK. There’s just way too much better talent out there. Talent that’s showed they can produce. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Except Randy Moss has amazing hands and healthy college production to back it. DK looks great and may end up being great. However he hasn’t ever put up great numbers. Wasn’t even the #1 WR on his team. Film vs Greedy from LSU shows he struggles. He outweighs Greedy by about 40 lbs too. In years past most agreed on the top tier of WR’s. This year it’s a crapshoot. With the top talent in this draft I would be shocked if we took DK. There’s just way too much better talent out there. Talent that’s showed they can produce. 

How many of you are going to keep pedaling this same farce?  He was having a great season before his neck injury.  Im fine if people want to go another direction or disagree on DK...but at least get your facts straight and quit pedaling false narratives.  

In his first 6 games (before he got hurt in his 7th game...which he already had 1 catch for 49 yards in before getting hurt) he had 529 yards, averaging a massive 21 yards per reception and had 5 TDs.  

During the same span, AJ brown had only 50 more yards, one less TD and averaged only 13 yards per catch.  So all this stuff that he "wasn't even the best WR on his team" is just silly.  DK was the big play guy while AJ was the possession guy.  They played different roles and both were major parts of the offense.  

And he is going to almost certainly be drafted BEFORE AJ Brown for a reason.

I would also like to add:  He did NOT appear out of nowhere at the combine as some unknown guy that became a workout warrior.  If anyone was paying attention during the CFB season, they would know that DK was widely considered to likely be the first WR taken in this draft before the injury.  Myself and plenty of people on here kept saying he is the one WR worthy of top 10 selection and that was BEFORE the combine.  What he did at the combine was just prove what most people had already stated.  

Now, none of that means he will be a huge success or a bust.  But this narrative that he wasn't performing at a high level is a total farce.  His season got cut short by a neck injury.  

I dont know if we will pick him or not, but there is PLENTY to be excited about if we do.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LEBills said:

TO was a 3rd round pick, which is what DK should be. So very good comparison.

Well, in retrospect, TO should have been a top 5 pick.  So it is a very good comp.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LEBills said:

TO was a 3rd round pick, which is what DK should be. So very good comparison.

Werid.  Every GM, NFL Scout, professional analyst in the world seems to disagree with you as not one person has him going later than the first round and he could go top 10.  

Pshhhh, but what do they know though right... ?

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How many of you are going to keep pedaling this same farce?  He was having a great season before his neck injury.  Im fine if people want to go another direction or disagree on DK...but at least get your facts straight and quit pedaling false narratives.  

In his first 6 games (before he got hurt in his 7th game...which he already had 1 catch for 49 yards in before getting hurt) he had 529 yards, averaging a massive 21 yards per reception and had 5 TDs.  

During the same span, AJ brown had only 50 more yards, one less TD and averaged only 13 yards per catch.  So all this stuff that he "wasn't even the best WR on his team" is just silly.  DK was the big play guy while AJ was the possession guy.  They played different roles and both were major parts of the offense.  

And he is going to almost certainly be drafted BEFORE AJ Brown for a reason.

I would also like to add:  He did NOT appear out of nowhere at the combine as some unknown guy that became a workout warrior.  If anyone was paying attention during the CFB season, they would know that DK was widely considered to likely be the first WR taken in this draft before the injury.  Myself and plenty of people on here kept saying he is the one WR worthy of top 10 selection and that was BEFORE the combine.  What he did at the combine was just prove what most people had already stated.  

Now, none of that means he will be a huge success or a bust.  But this narrative that he wasn't performing at a high level is a total farce.  His season got cut short by a neck injury.  

I dont know if we will pick him or not, but there is PLENTY to be excited about if we do.  

You are starting to convince me...

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You are starting to convince me...

Well hopefully its DK himself convincing you as I am just putting out the accurate info on him.  Now that you are coming around...take into consideration this guy is a very high character guy.  A big time WR prospect without the Diva personality who works hard and cares a lot about the game.  Now with all that fresh in your mind, go watch this:

Then go read and watch this and ask yourself how Gilmore is gonna like covering and tackling this dude when Josh is firing bullets down field to this beast!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020521/article/ole-miss-dk-metcalf-dominates-at-2019-nfl-scouting-combine

GO BILLS!!!!!!!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1