Let's have a way too early Win Projection

I am thinking possibly 11-5 with some luck (split with Patriots?).   

Maybe something like this-

Bills Away games: Titans (W), Cowboys (L), Browns (L), Steelers (W), Giants (W), Jets (L), Phins (W), Pats (L) 4-4

Bills Home games: Broncos (W), Ravens (W), Eagles (L), Bengals (W), Skins (W), Jets (W), Phins (W), Pats (W) 7-1

man some posters on here are going to be let down

yes we have made a couple good moves this offseason but this we still lack a lot of talent on this roster. right now we have a bunch of average-above average guys who might show up during a few games throughout the season. 

4-4: Bills Away games: Titans (L), Cowboys (L), Browns (W), Steelers (L), Giants (W), Jets (W), Dolphins (W), Pats (L)

5-3: Bills Home games: Broncos (W), Ravens (L), Eagles (L), Bengals (W), Skins (W), Jets (W), Dolphins (W), Pats (L)

9-7 and in the playoff hunt after Thanksgiving if the schedule is reasonable

The season results will hinge on the Jets, Dolphins, and Browns.  Sweep those games and they get to 9 wins.  They probably need to split Bal/Denver and get an upset somewhere to get to 10.  At Tenn, Dallas, and Pittsburgh are very difficult road games but Tenn and Pittsburgh have flaws.   If the Cleveland game is late in the year and both teams are in the playoff hunt, that will be a challenging game against that DL.  

11 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

I am thinking possibly 11-5 with some luck (split with Patriots?).   

Maybe something like this-

Bills Away games: Titans (W), Cowboys (L), Browns (L), Steelers (W), Giants (W), Jets (L), Phins (W), Pats (L) 4-4

Bills Home games: Broncos (W), Ravens (W), Eagles (L), Bengals (W), Skins (W), Jets (W), Phins (W), Pats (W) 7-1

or 11-5 with a sweep of the jets.  i'm thinking at least 10-6 and command a wildcard. looking at the other divisions....

no way kc repeats last year's success....more like 8-8.  denver and oakland improve but the chargers take the division. denver may go 9-7

the colts are back and with foles in jville maybe those 4 teams beat the crap out of each other and maybe houston makes a wc.

with cleveland improving and the bengals and steelers doing a bit of a backslide, i don't see a wc here, jackson has sophmore slump and big questions about that move will be out. i think flacco will outplay him in denver.

therefore i think the bills are no worse than a 2 seed in the wildcard. i think the battle for the 2nd wc will be between denver and houston. i think there will be a qb controversy with the titans....vrabel blows a gasket and locker room is divided.

Edited by billsredneck1

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

All depends if Allen turns the corner. I will go 8-8 as our low and 11-5 as our ceiling this upcoming year.

Said it earlier.

Win total completely hinges on Allen, and whether we get him some help in the draft.

If he implodes  4 wins 

If he makes some incremental progress we are looking at 8 wins

If he makes a nice "leap" (no pun intended) 11-12 wins is very feasible.

He is a complete unknown.

I'm hopeful he'll make land somewhere between "some improvement" and "the leap" giving us 10 wins the more I think about it.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills are going to make a huge jump this year. They'll suddenly be very good, as happens with a lot of teams who turn the corner. It will look similar to the Chiefs last year in terms of there never being any doubt that they're a top team. After a few weeks of lopsided victories, we'll find ourselves suddenly in a new era.

15 hours ago, XABI64 said:

man some posters on here are going to be let down

yes we have made a couple good moves this offseason but this we still lack a lot of talent on this roster. right now we have a bunch of average-above average guys who might show up during a few games throughout the season. 

On the contrary XABI64, I think it's going to be the pessimists that will be left disappointed when the Bills return to playoffs.

8 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Said it earlier.

Win total completely hinges on Allen, and whether we get him some help in the draft.

If he implodes  4 wins 

I'm hopeful he'll make land somewhere between "some improvement" and "the leap" giving us 10 wins the more I think about it.

i'm not worried about his improvement. the last game of the year the staff went for an over 60 comp. %.  they accomplished that.  they will drill into him to take the open guy in the flat ( like ivory was all season) and that % will go beyond 62 to 65. they will also work on a timing based offense. remember where dabol came from. i'm expecting big strides from josh this year and above all his will/drive/desire to win will make this all come to fruition.

take a look at what they've done with the line but as importantly the wrs.  brown  beasley  jones  foster and the duke...not to mention roberts.  if they get a deebo samual and andy isabella, who can learn behind beasley , we're set. no dk needed.

lastly with them keeping shady and signing gore, that tells me that they believe they can go far this year.  the fact that they're rolling with 2 future hofers

instead of worrying about developing a young stable of backs, to me means they are gonna make a run for the money.

Edited by billsredneck1

You are right - way too early.  We do not know what any of these teams are likely to be, including the Bills.  That said, I would be disappointed with less than 10 wins.  8 at the bottom, 12 at the top, depending on the breaks.  

9 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Said it earlier.

If he implodes  4 wins 

It may be counter intuitive, but I am putting less on Allen and think that with improved ST play (they cost us 2-3 winnable games last year), better defense, and perhaps longer possession time with a viable running game we can churn out more wins.

I am actually looking for Allen not to press as much for plays that aren't there this year...so, more of a team improvement effort around him.

But, if we need him to push the ball downfield he should have more of the tools and protection to get that done too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

It may be counter intuitive, but I am putting less on Allen and think that with improved ST play (they cost us 2-3 winnable games last year), better defense, and perhaps longer possession time with a viable running game we can churn out more wins.

I am actually looking for Allen not to press as much for plays that aren't there this year...so, more of a team improvement effort around him.

But, if we need him to push the ball downfield he should have more of the tools and protection to get that done too.

I don't disagree overall with the sentiment, but if Allen implodes then we will crash and burn.

If he pulls a wentz in year 2 we will be amazing.

QB play is the most important thing to a team's success in regards to players on the field.