Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SlimShady'sSpaceForce

GMFB - Weekly (almost daily) Love - WC #1

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

A fair assessment.

 

The Bills are not elite, but moving in the right direction.

 

I agree that winning yesterday was very important for the Bills after losing a big emotional game the previous week.

 

What would make them elite? They shut the Pats down to 9 points when the offense couldn’t move the ball and gave up 4 turnovers. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

It's nice to see the Bills getting some love. Pundits are right though, Allen needs to work on stopping his inner Brett Favre from coming out especially when the D is just completely shutting down teams

 

the love has been flowing in regularily on GMFB since I started this Posted March 28 (edited)

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't get Shrager's comment that "Those two teams (KC and Pats) can put up points at such a crazy pace when they have to..."  Guess KC didn't have to yesterday???

I understand being able to score points , but as you point out offense still can be unreliable at times. The pendulum has swung so far to the offensive side with football analysts that they almost treat having a top defense as passé. KC defense is a huge liability. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't get Shrager's comment that "Those two teams (KC and Pats) can put up points at such a crazy pace when they have to..."  Guess KC didn't have to yesterday???

 

I think the idea that the Bills are still behind the Chiefs and the Pats makes sense, but his logic on that did seem flawed as we just saw each of those teams held to low point games (including against the Bills.) What Brandt said "they aren't in the same breath- they lost that right when Josh Allen came out and started throwing ints everywhere" stung to hear but that's I think a very fair assessment. I think if he shows he can control the ball and the defense continues as it has, then we're there with them.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

 


I wonder how this conversation would have gone if the Bills had beaten the Pats, like they SHOULD have that day.

Oh well. If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, then every day would be Unta Donk Fest

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Logic said:


I wonder how this conversation would have gone if the Bills had beaten the Pats, like they SHOULD have that day.

Oh well. If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, then every day would be Unta Donk Fest

 

They have lots of love at GMFB .... 

 

Some of it HARD love 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't get the comments about not being able to hang with either team when we did just hang with the Pats.  I get it was at home but we more than demonstrated we should be in the talk.  Whatevs well see them come around as the season progresses.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The assessment is fair, but that INT yesterday was a good throw by Josh. Yeldon gave up on his route and the INT was fully on him.

 

I'm very anxious to see if Josh can build upon his good decisions with the football after the bye. If so, the Bills will be a team to reckon with come January.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The assessment is fair, but that INT yesterday was a good throw by Josh. Yeldon gave up on his route and the INT was fully on him.

 

I'm very anxious to see if Josh can build upon his good decisions with the football after the bye. If so, the Bills will be a team to reckon with come January.

 

Bills are shoe in for a 9-10 win team with this schedule and the way Allen is playing right now. If he improves his play by even 20% (which he's shown he's more than capable to do) then we're quickly a 11-12 win team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yeah I don't get the comments about not being able to hang with either team when we did just hang with the Pats.  I get it was at home but we more than demonstrated we should be in the talk.  Whatevs well see them come around as the season progresses.

 

I took the premise as not about whether the Bills could hang with them but about being good enough to beat them.

Bills get another shot at the Pats* this year.  I'm hoping for the W.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

I took the premise as not about whether the Bills could hang with them but about being good enough to beat them.

Bills get another shot at the Pats* this year.  I'm hoping for the W.

Yeah I forgot the exact language the but the comment about losing it immediately didnt quite jive with me.  It felt in the first quarter like it was gonna be a blow out, but at the end of the day we were right there (and thats with the disastrous first quarter).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd best in AFC is fair.....you are what your record says you are

 

the bills clearly have an elite defense.

 

the offense has not fully tapped its potential yet, but signs are encouraging

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

 

What would make them elite? They shut the Pats down to 9 points when the offense couldn’t move the ball and gave up 4 turnovers. 

Having an offense that is as good as their defense, would make them elite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Having an offense that is as good as their defense, would make them elite.

Having an offense as good as the defense would make the Bills Super Bowl favorites by a wide margin.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoBills808 said:

Having an offense as good as the defense would make the Bills Super Bowl favorites by a wide margin.

Definitely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I don't get Shrager's comment that "Those two teams (KC and Pats) can put up points at such a crazy pace when they have to..."  Guess KC didn't have to yesterday???

 

What's interesting, though, is that our team does seem to be able to put up points "when they have to." Behind 16-0 at the Jets, get 17 points; get down early against the Giants, get ahead of the Giants; Giants get within a touchdown of tying us, we go right back down the field and make it a two-TD game; surrender a late lead to the Bengals, go back and win the game, etc. Hell, we nearly did it against the Patriots, but you can't win 'em all. 

 

The defense is built in such a way that I don't really think we're going to have "put up crazy points" to get back in the game. But our offense has shown that, despite whatever errors occur in the first three quarters, they're going to put together a drive or two in the fourth. 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 1:53 PM, MJS said:

I think female media members have a legit beef about how they are treated. I mean, this whole thread is about what she looks like and not about what she said.

 

I agree with her. I think Allen will be a breakout player in 2019.

 

I'd love to hear your thoughts about women wrestling fans. 

 

The majority of female wrestling fans love John Cena, Randy Orton and Roman Reigns. They don't like the fatter or less attractive wrestlers. 

 

I also remember an article from the last summer olympics that said "top 25 bulges who deserve gold medals" referring to male swimmers etc..

 

People like you act like only men talk about women for their looks well newsflash a lot of women do the same thing to men... and of course you go silent when it's women doing it.

Edited by suorangefan4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont know if the offense will ever be as good as our defense.....but one can hope

 

it doesn't need to be 

 

we just need to be a top 10 offense and right now we are far from it. Allen is still struggling to put up a complete game. I think if we get our run game going we can finally improve. We have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...