The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am not tyingthis specifically to this investigation..but it seems like any time the President wants to shut down an investigation into his conduct, he can, and just claim there was no misdeed/crime, so i am shutting the whole thing down. 

Am I misunderstanding that? So truly the President is above the law ? Again, this is not related to this investigation.

yes, he constitutionally can. the implications of which are remedied by the legislature with impeachment and impeachment only. witch hunts aside, they have no other constitutional power against the Executive.

Edited by Foxx

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am not tyingthis specifically to this investigation..but it seems like any time the President wants to shut down an investigation into his conduct, he can, and just claim there was no misdeed/crime, so i am shutting the whole thing down. 

Am I misunderstanding that? So truly the President is above the law ? Again, this is not related to this investigation.

Only one man is above the law...

20161007_zaf_le3_002.jpg?quality=80&stri

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'd never heard Cruz make a argument before.  I don't particularly like him, but he must be a profoundly formidable presence in the courtroom.  He'd make a good Supreme Court Justice.  

Right after the 2016 election, he had a town hall debate vs. Bernie Sanders (I think it was on CNN). It was no contest whatsoever. Not remotely close.  Ted Cruz is no fool.  People don't like him because he's slick and squirrely.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

yes, he constitutionally can. the implications of which are remedied by the legislature with impeachment and impeachment only. they have no other constitutional power against the Executive.

but how could they bring impeachment proceedings if there is no investigation? This is just shocking to me.. I mean I no I am no lawyer..but I had no clue that was how it worked.

BTW, when Graham hated Trump, i thought he was a skeezy guy even though he and I shared the same view if Trump.

Now he is a Trump supporter, but for some reason, I have grown to really like him over the last years..and I am certainly far from a Trump supporter.

17 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

not saying that is right or wrong...but man that opens up a whole can of worms no? Does that indicate then that the president is above the law as he can just cancel any investigation?  That is what Leahy meant..and I must admit I never knew that before. 

(A) Mueller was a DOJ appointment -- Executive Branch.

(B) Mueller's investigation was not a criminal investigation.  Technically, it was  a counterintelligence matter, and those reports are part and parcel made for the President.  This is obviously an odd case, and it would have been political suicide but the President could have bounced Mueller at any time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

but how could they bring impeachment proceedings if there is no investigation? This is just shocking to me.. I mean I no I am no lawyer..but I had no clue that was how it worked.

BTW, when Graham hated Trump, i thought he was a skeezy guy even though he and I shared the same view if Trump.

Now he is a Trump supporter, but for some reason, I have grown to really like him over the last years..and I am certainly far from a Trump supporter.

I don't think He's a Trump supporter per se... I think he's sick of the dirty dealing of the Democrats and is defending Trump from the criminal activities of the left.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

just like they may do now. Trump was found to be not guilty of Russian Collusion. so what has the Donner Party shifted to, conduct unbecoming President. it doesn't matter that the AG found him to not have reached the level of criminal obstruction of justice. they are screaming that he is morally bankrupt and unfit to serve as President. in all honesty, i believe they could impeach him for just about anything if they had the support. impeachment however does not remove the President from office (Clinton was impeached).

Edited by Foxx

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

in all honesty, i believe they could impeach him for just about anything if they had the support. impeachment however does not remove the President from office (Clinton was impeached).

Clinton was impeached by the house but cleared in the Senate.  Both houses have to pass impeachment for the President to be removed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Thanks to all who provided the rolling summation. I wasn't able to tune in until the Senator Cruz segment started. And what a great part to catch live!

:beer:

i'll get all the truth i need on Tucker and Hannity tonight

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

It's a bit of a flaw in the "special investigator" rules, primarily because it falls under the auspices of the executive branch.  

It's mitigated by 1) the DOJ being a presumably-independent branch of the executive branch (although formally, it really isn't.) And 2) by Congress having separate powers to investigate and impeach.  That Congress doesn't use those powers properly - or at all - is largely, but not exclusively, their failing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's a bit of a flaw in the "special investigator" rules, primarily because it falls under the auspices of the executive branch.  

It's mitigated by 1) the DOJ being a presumably-independent branch of the executive branch (although formally, it really isn't.) And 2) by Congress having separate powers to investigate and impeach.  That Congress doesn't use those powers properly - or at all - is largely, but not exclusively, their failing.

There is no point to using these powers without a crime already committed, such as direction of hush-money to cover up a botched burglary, or perjury before a grand jury.

Some have argued both of these weren't up to the standards required for a case.

Hawley: "Spying on the Trump campaign and spying on Trump."

Methinks the Dems are going to be sorry they had a hissy-fit over the word "spying".

Blumenthal: "Will you recuse yourself from those investigations?"

Barr: "No!"

LOL (I had to fast forward through him, he's a complete idiot)

Holy *****, Mazie Hirono is a stupid *****. 

Cory Booker: I just couldn't do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Re-quoted for Truth

You want to know why the FBI spied on @realDonaldTrump⁩ & launched multi-year investigations? It’s about ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ VOTERS. Unelected progressive elites in our govt have nothing but contempt for them. Total, complete contempt

This has ALWAYS been the case.  The entrenched government officials who whole basis of actions is that they "know whats best for the people"..........especially the minorities because they are not capable of progress without us.

Image result for trump, I'm just in the way

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Tillis: "The legislative leaders have access to all except for 1/10th of 1% of the report."
(Again, those numbers do not back up the "BARR IS HIDING SOMETHING!!" screams from the Ds and MSM.)

T: "Since when is the special counsel in the business of exonerating the subject of an investigation?"

B: "They are not." 

T: "They are not. So why would somebody put something like that in the report?"

(I do wonder about that too. And why did Barr put the sentence in his summary?)

Scope of OIG (Horowitz report) is focused FISA and further back. 

• Like (+1) 1

Crapo: "When did the DOJ and FBI know that the Democratic party paid for Christopher Steele's dossier, which then served as the foundation for the Carter Page FISA application."

Barr: "I don't know the answer to that."

Crapo: "Uhhhh are you investigating to determine that?"

Barr: "Yes."

Then Crapo (man, how did he get elected with that last name!?) asked if the DOJ/FBI was investigating before July 2016, and again that is under investigation.

Basically, this section was all about leaks and ongoing investigations. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Then Crapo (man, how did he get elected with that last name!?) 

How is his name not blocked by the board filter, like *****, *****, #######, and the other Senators?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Barr won't show tomorrow 

(still tech unconfirmed)

Other sources confirming the above now... the letter should be fun. 

No surprise. 

And since Lindsay Graham said, "We are done" that means, we are done. And now, it is the Trump-side's turn. It ain't gonna be pretty. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No surprise. 

And since Lindsay Graham said, "We are done" that means, we are done. And now, it is the Trump-side's turn. It ain't gonna be pretty. 

i would think that whether or not they're done will depend largely upon how the Mueller testimony in the House Judiciary goes.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

Cruz: Wow. He's masterful. Truly.

Ooooh, he touched on the wire, but it wasn't expounded upon.

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i would think that whether or not they're done will depend largely upon how the Mueller testimony in the House Judiciary goes.

I don't know about that. It would have to be egregious and completely refute everything Barr has said to this point. Graham was pretty much tough-titty-said-the-kitty-when-the-milk-ran-dry when asked about calling Mueller and continuing on with this farce. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2

Let me echo earlier sentiments thanking all for being active participants in this discussion so simple minded folks like me can get a readers digest version of everything going on.  My eyes would have glossed over almost immediately had I tried to sit down and watch all of this 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, row_33 said:

and all this because...

Hillary has a 96% chance of winning and Trump has no path to 270!

In fairness, Trump didn't have a path to 270.

He had a path to 304!

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sasse: wow. I doubt all of that is shown as a clip on the news. 

Was he smacking DiFi around on the sly vis-à-vis her Chinese spy driver?

LOL "How sleazy this city is".

As I mentioned, I liked what I heard from him as well

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Barr won't show tomorrow 

(still tech unconfirmed)

Other sources confirming the above now... the letter should be fun. 

Wow, the comments on her tweet are amazing. These deranged dipschiffs don't understand what they watched (or, more accurately, the summary that was downloaded into their little TDS-addled NPC brains.)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Wow, the comments on her tweet are amazing. These deranged dipschiffs don't understand what they watched (or, more accurately, the summary that was downloaded into their little TDS-addled NPC brains.)

"Great! Bring @KamalaHarris @amyklobuchar & @maziehirono in to “bat cleanup “. They are lawmakers I could watch all day!"

O.o  Holy *****. That HAS to be a bot. No one, and I mean no one, would want to be subjected to those three. Hirono is borderline ######ed. The other two are simply partisan hacks who continually try and deflect and instead sound like stupid liars.  Bots, for the sake of humanity, that account better be a bot. 

• Like (+1) 1