The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Now Harris is REALLY going to argue that RR had no authority because he was a witness to Comey's being fired? 

WHAT? 

What about all the talk of protecting RR, not letting Trump fire him, threatening to pass legislation about such matters :lol: 

She's pretending this never happened because she's dishonest. 

i must admit i have not been paying to close attention...heard Sasse briefly and thought he was going into some good stuff..and believe he was right saying no one opinions were changing.

I did hear her..and WTF was she saying..lord that was an idiotic line of questioning. Forget the whole bit about reviewing every piece of evidence...WTF was Mueller there to do?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

ah but there is a method to their madness.

they are trying to lay the groundwork for their claim that Barr is illegitimate, he needs to recuse himself from any and all AG activities. when indictments come down for Dem criminal activities they are going to scream to the high heavens that Barr is corrupt, nothing here can be considered serious. it is all a revenge thing.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Cruz just landed a body blow -- and Barr laughs knowingly. 

Fantastic.

well..i have heard him too..and his statement was not exactly accurate.

Many are upset that they feel Barr lied when he said he had no knowledge of what Mueller thought at his  first appearance ..then this letter comes out and it appears he did.

That is why some are saying he lied to Congress...and that is a legitimate issue i believe.

I'd never heard Cruz make a argument before.  I don't particularly like him, but he must be a profoundly formidable presence in the courtroom.  He'd make a good Supreme Court Justice.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

well..i have heard him too..and his statement was not exactly accurate.

Many are upset that they feel Barr lied when he said he had no knowledge of what Mueller thought at his  first appearance ..then this letter comes out and it appears he did.

That is why some are saying he lied to Congress...and that is a legitimate issue i believe.

It's not a legitimate claim. He did not lie. 

As Cruz said, the entire argument is that Barr suppressed something which has already been released. It's nonsense political games, which if you consider where this started (calling the president a Russian asset who is illegally conspiring with Russia to steal an election) it's laughable. 

Just now, DC Tom said:

I'd never heard Cruz make a argument before.  I don't particularly like him, but he must be a profoundly formidable presence in the courtroom.  He'd make a good Supreme Court Justice.  

and I must say the beard makes him look less skeezy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

He's very very good. And I don't like him all that much, but he's compelling and a great lawyer/debater. 

• Like (+1) 1

This whole thing reminds me of when the ref was penalizing the Jets Marty Lyons for "giving him the business" to Jim Kelly.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

That looks far too much like Patrick Dempsey.  :lol:

Holy crap that looks like an ***** of epic proportions.

Edited by njbuff

after the parade of clowns from the liberal side the last two years, disappointingly including practically every person of authority with the IRS/CIA/FBI, nice to have someone with a brain sitting in the chair responding to questions.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Does it?? I think it makes him look like Wolverine's stunt double. 

Fullsized image

Barr: "We now know he (Trump) was falsely accused."

Leahy: "I don't agree."

WUT?! 

What i took from that was Barr was saying the president can shut down investigations when he believes the charges are false ..I think that's what Barr was saying..and now that the charges of collusion/conspiracy are false, it would have been okay for Trump to stop the investigation. Sorry if that is convulated

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

What i took from that was Barr was saying the president can shut down investigations when he believes the charges are false ..I think that's what Barr was saying..and now that the charges of collusion/conspiracy are false, it would have been okay for Trump to stop the investigation. Sorry if that is convulated

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's very very good. And I don't like him all that much, but he's compelling and a great lawyer/debater. 

If I remember correctly he was tops in law school in mock debates. I've never seen him not be the more capable debater.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

not saying that is right or wrong...but man that opens up a whole can of worms no? Does that indicate then that the president is above the law as he can just cancel any investigation?  That is what Leahy meant..and I must admit I never knew that before. 

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She is gonna try to show off her prosecutor skills -- the same skills that will make her toxic to the prog left. 

I saw my first Harris bumper sticker today in Brooklyn. You may have already seen it in California.

It says "Kamala Harris -- For the People".

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

not saying that is right or wrong...but man that opens up a whole can of worms no? Does that indicate then that the president is above the law as he can just cancel any investigation?  That is what Leahy meant..and I must admit I never knew that before. 

the DOJ is part and parcel of the Executive branch.

and that's a wrap, hearing over. be interesting to see if Barr testifies tomorrow or if he is held in contempt.

Edited by Foxx

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That whole exchange boils down to Barr believing that the President can shut down an investigation if he's not trying to coverup a misdeed.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

and that's a wrap, hearing over. be interesting to see if Barr testifies tomorrow or if he is held in contempt.

He can share Eric Holder's cell with him.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

That whole exchange boils down to Barr believing that the President can shut down an investigation if he's not trying to coverup a misdeed.

I am not tyingthis specifically to this investigation..but it seems like any time the President wants to shut down an investigation into his conduct, he can, and just claim there was no misdeed/crime, so i am shutting the whole thing down. 

Am I misunderstanding that? So truly the President is above the law ? Again, this is not related to this investigation.

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Why would he be held in contempt?