Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John from Riverside

Think Shady is not smiling ear to ear right now?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We talk about what this emphasis on OL would do for Josh Allen.....but not about what this does for Shady

 

Look for a resurgence of Shady McCoy next year

Especially because he is buddies with Gore. They will be competitive which is good for the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mannc said:

Pass the pipe

I considered Shady 'done on both sides' a few years back. I think he might have one good season left in the tank....'Course, there is that contract................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

I considered Shady 'done on both sides' a few years back. I think he might have one good season left in the tank....'Course, there is that contract................

He might have one good game left.  He’s done.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mannc said:

He might have one good game left.  He’s done.

We'll see. Tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut 'em.

  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I know our line will be better next year but will it be good.  It seems like it doesnt have the talent that it did in the Rex Ryan years.

You mean the "talent" that was jumping offside every few plays or doing a good deal of holding?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give him some room to maneuver instead of getting swallowed up by the DL running through our guards and maybe he can still show us something.  This has the potential to be a pretty massive line.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richardb1952 said:

Give him some room to maneuver instead of getting swallowed up by the DL running through our guards and maybe he can still show us something.  This has the potential to be a pretty massive line.

What makes this a massive line? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We talk about what this emphasis on OL would do for Josh Allen.....but not about what this does for Shady

 

Look for a resurgence of Shady McCoy next year

If Shady doesn’t break 4 YPC with a minimum of 200 carries then you walk down the turnpike in heels and a skimpy outfit. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rubes said:

I still see us drafting a few OL this year, but now we may not have the need to throw them into the fire right away. Train them up and gradually get them on the field.

 

 

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I wouldn’t bet on that.. Maybe 1.  They have a bunch on the roster currently.  Usually only 8/9 make the roster.  

 

My money is on them bolstering depth at linebacker, defensive tackle, defensive ends and tight end in the draft.  

 

Would expect them to grab an OL somewhere in round 2-4 & then a couple more late rounders to head to the PS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

 

  

Would expect them to grab an OL somewhere in round 2-4 & then a couple more late rounders to head to the PS. 

Very easily could be BPA based on this offseason so far and that is a good thing. If it is OL and we further upgrade that area, I'm down with that

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

You mean the "talent" that was jumping offside every few plays or doing a good deal of holding?

I mean the talent that resulted in the Bills leading the league in rushing and our RBs averaging almost 5 yards a carry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m excited as the next guy.   But even now, how good is our offense?

 

My guess....

 

QB:  C.    This is the hardest one to predict.   I’m conservatively guessing we’ll move up to average.

 

OL:   C.    Better than the ‘F’ OL we fielded last year.

 

WR/TE:   C.    Another upgrade versus last year but still not elite.

 

RB:   B.   Depends how much Shady and Gore drink from the Fountain of Youth.

 

It seems to me that our O has gone from bad to average.   The OL only picked up one quality starter and a lot of depth.   If I were Shady, I’d wait for the draft before uncorking the champagne.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

 then you walk down the turnpike in heels and a skimpy outfit. 

Again?

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

We'll see. Tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut 'em.

I would

 

He has actually become a leader on the team which is valued.......

 

I mean all bets are off if he shows up in camp and looks like he has lost it......but I see a McCoy/Gore/draft pick backfield this year and the rook moved up next year and bid Shady farewell........two veteran guys to help our rookie QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I’m excited as the next guy.   But even now, how good is our offense?

 

My guess....

 

QB:  C.    This is the hardest one to predict.   I’m conservatively guessing we’ll move up to average.

 

OL:   C.    Better than the ‘F’ OL we fielded last year.

 

WR/TE:   C.    Another upgrade versus last year but still not elite.

 

RB:   B.   Depends how much Shady and Gore drink from the Fountain of Youth.

 

It seems to me that our O has gone from bad to average.   The OL only picked up one quality starter and a lot of depth.   If I were Shady, I’d wait for the draft before uncorking the champagne.

This is extremely conservative but that is ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think Morse will prove to be a solid addition; the rest are kind of solid depth players.  

 

They'll probably prove to be improvements over what we had last year but that's not hard to do.

 

 

I actually like all the OL additions They have all graded well at some point in their careers.  Our new OL coach was a common denominator for two of them.  Although I think he was the TE coach with one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nsekhe is certainly a quality addition IMO. Arguably the best swing tackle in the game. Looks like a starter to me based on all the tape that's out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We will see

 

I got 5 bucks that Shady's numbers improve

I don't think too many will take that bet. His numbers were pretty bad my friend. That being said you do not want to play against Shady when he has a chip on his shoulder.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We will see

 

I got 5 bucks that Shady's numbers improve

They cant get much worse, unless your Reggie Bush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I know our line will be better next year but will it be good.  It seems like it doesnt have the talent that it did in the Rex Ryan years.

The right side of the OL has been bad for several years including the RR years...Our left was solid during that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rico said:

Yeah, Morse is the only one I still see on this team 3 years from now, the rest are stop-gaps/depth... which is OK, that's what FA is for.

 

Which is what makes me really hope we take a really good OL rook in rounds 1-3.

 

DT Ed Oliver at 9 if there. I could see Beane even trade back from 9 grab a DT/ER or a OL/WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ganesh said:

The right side of the OL has been bad for several years including the RR years...Our left was solid during that time.

 

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

They cant get much worse, unless your Reggie Bush.

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PIZ said:

I think he'll be really happy if they draft "Alabama" OT Jonah Williams.

 

 

Add Jonah and then you'll see a Shady resurgence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We will see

 

I got 5 bucks that Shady's numbers improve

 

...WORSE is NOT an option...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...