Gambino Boss got whacked

/dev/null

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I want to make something crystal clear: you are doing yourself an enormous disservice if you do not immediately read that entire article. 

Such disrespect. You don't whack a guy in his driveway with his wife and kids home 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Interesting that today's mobsters are dealing more in the drug trade.  That wouldn't have happened in years past, if the mafia movies are to be believed.  Back then it seemed that racketeering was the crime of choice.

NY Mafia did not deal in drugs years ago due to the Rockefeller Laws which imposed steep penalties including lengthy jail sentences.  Running numbers and bookmaking were staples of the mob income. But since the state governments got into the lottery business and sports gambling being recognized by more and more states the mob had to turn to other high volume money making enterprises to support them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

NY Mafia did not deal in drugs years ago due to the Rockefeller Laws which imposed steep penalties including lengthy jail sentences.  Running numbers and bookmaking were staples of the mob income. But since the state governments got into the lottery business and sports gambling being recognized by more and more states the mob had to turn to other high volume money making enterprises to support them.

Like getting your kids into elite colleges.

5 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Interesting that today's mobsters are dealing more in the drug trade.  That wouldn't have happened in years past, if the mafia movies are to be believed.  Back then it seemed that racketeering was the crime of choice.

That true. The old school Italian mafia didn’t deal with drugs

they still had some kind of respect not to kill the young neighborhood kids with drugs

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That true. The old school Italian mafia didn’t deal with drugs

they still had some kind of respect not to kill the young neighborhood kids with drugs

Untrue. Ever since heroin was banned in the US the mafia has been supplying it.  During prohibition they made more money from drugs than they did alcohol. It is an enduring myth that the mafia were against drugs - one largely put forward by the mafia themselves (as opposed to law enforcement who have always recognised the mafia's involvement in the drug trade).

Lucky Luciano was arrested in 1923 having sold heroin to undercover police officers. The brothels he later ran used the prostitutes (themselves mostly users) to sell heroin to their customers.

Vito Genovese was a big time drug dealer and died in gaol after a conviction for involvement in a heroin trade.

There were few exceptions. Frank Costello being the most notable one - one of the reasons he got shot was because of his opposition to drug dealing. On the whole when a mob boss said he was against drugs it was pretty much for show - in reality they were (And are) making huge profits from the trade.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He must have called it: Pasta Fazool w/a load of baloney on the side!

His NJ Italian azz was dead meat when @Chef Jimfrom the Bologna Outfit found out!!!

I thought I replied to this but either I didn't or it was deleted so I'll try again.  Read the article.  He's not some NJ Italian schmuck.  It's a native of Sicily so I think it's safe to say he doesn't call it Pasta Fazool. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Brit said:

Untrue. Ever since heroin was banned in the US the mafia has been supplying it.  During prohibition they made more money from drugs than they did alcohol. It is an enduring myth that the mafia were against drugs - one largely put forward by the mafia themselves (as opposed to law enforcement who have always recognised the mafia's involvement in the drug trade).

Lucky Luciano was arrested in 1923 having sold heroin to undercover police officers. The brothels he later ran used the prostitutes (themselves mostly users) to sell heroin to their customers.

Vito Genovese was a big time drug dealer and died in gaol after a conviction for involvement in a heroin trade.

There were few exceptions. Frank Costello being the most notable one - one of the reasons he got shot was because of his opposition to drug dealing. On the whole when a mob boss said he was against drugs it was pretty much for show - in reality they were (And are) making huge profits from the trade.

Most people think the mafia didn't get involved with drugs because of what Vito Corleone said.  But basically, if it's illegal, the mafia has a hand in it.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I watched that movie last night. Funny how coincidence works.

DITTO!!!

So funny, no sports on TV, so we put GFII on - exact same scene where Michael gives Fredo the ‘kiss of death ‘.

Godfather One much better IMHO - might watch it again tonight -

“There’s a lot of money in that white powder, Pop.”

Got Santino killed.

Edited by The Senator
  • Sad 1