Le’Veon Bell Signinig With the Jets

sven233

I get why some guys don't show up for voluntary workouts, they aren't being paid for them. They get their paychecks during the season and if they end up getting injured in voluntary workouts they end up potentially not getting those paychecks or missing out on part of their contract money.

Saying that, you could still show up and at least make an appearance. Especially if you are a new guy and signed a massive contract with more guaranteed money.

..da Fuhrer got his hand slapped for criticizing those not in attendance..........

Report: NFL warns Tom Coughlin about voluntary workouts comment

Posted by Josh Alper on April 24, 2019, 1:33 PM EDT

Jaguars executive vice president of football operations Tom Coughlin has reportedly heard from the NFL about last week’s comments regarding players missing voluntary offseason workouts. Cornerback Jalen Ramsey and linebacker Telvin Smith have been absent and Coughlin said that they should be in attendance. That drew responses from Ramsey, Ramsey’s agent and the NFLPA.

33 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..da Fuhrer got his hand slapped for criticizing those not in attendance..........

Report: NFL warns Tom Coughlin about voluntary workouts comment

Posted by Josh Alper on April 24, 2019, 1:33 PM EDT

Jaguars executive vice president of football operations Tom Coughlin has reportedly heard from the NFL about last week’s comments regarding players missing voluntary offseason workouts. Cornerback Jalen Ramsey and linebacker Telvin Smith have been absent and Coughlin said that they should be in attendance. That drew responses from Ramsey, Ramsey’s agent and the NFLPA.

Yeah they are not supposed to say anything about it. Only the media points out who isn’t there. Coughlin needs to retire.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

When it comes to voluntary workouts, New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell said on Monday that he knows what "works for me to be the best player I can be."

Bell took to social media to respond to a question about when he's going to attend practice after skipping some voluntary workouts: "When it's time to play football...l got to stick to the formula that I know works for me to be the best player I can be...l'm not just tryna win football games, I want a ring! I want to desperately show everybody what I can what I can REALLY do...I'll take the heat right now, everybody will forget about that once January comes around.

LOL

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When it comes to voluntary workouts, New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell said on Monday that he knows what "works for me to be the best player I can be."

Bell took to social media to respond to a question about when he's going to attend practice after skipping some voluntary workouts: "When it's time to play football...l got to stick to the formula that I know works for me to be the best player I can be...l'm not just tryna win football games, I want a ring! I want to desperately show everybody what I can what I can REALLY do...I'll take the heat right now, everybody will forget about that once January comes around.

LOL

Well he knows what works for him to NOT win a ring, and he’s decided to continue to do that. Alrighty then. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Looks like he’s going to do the least he can team-wise so as to spare his body.   Let’s see if he really knows what works, seeing as how (prior to last year) he didn’t miss these type of things with the Steelers. 

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

Looks like he’s going to do the least he can team-wise so as to spare his body.   Let’s see if he really knows what works, seeing as how (prior to last year) he didn’t miss these type of things with the Steelers. 

Spare his body?  He hasn't been in an NFL camp in over a year!!!   

When was the last time he was on a field?     Jan of 2018? 

39 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

OTA's aren't purely physical conditioning...it's mental/teamwork conditioning. Especially with a brand new team. Ya wanna be a leader Le'Veon? Hang out with your teammates and get to know them. What a dope. 

You go to a new team, you should at least show up and try to make friends 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Spare his body?  He hasn't been in an NFL camp in over a year!!!   

When was the last time he was on a field?     Jan of 2018? 

That doesn’t seem to matter to him.   Otherwise he’d be there at team activities to at least build rapport. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL

in his defense, these aren't practices....coaches can't talk to players...no footballs allowed....just hanging out in weight room

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

That doesn’t seem to matter to him.   Otherwise he’d be there at team activities to at least build rapport. 

obviously.   kind of like  Burning bridges before hes officially worked with the team 

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

in his defense, these aren't practices....coaches can't talk to players...no footballs allowed....just hanging out in weight room

I get that,  It is voluntary.  However you do want your teammates to get a feeling that you actually gave a s***

If it wasn't his first year with the NYETS it wouldn't be as much of an issue 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I get that,  It is voluntary.  However you do want your teammates to get a feeling that you actually gave a s***

You're right...he should at least show up and say Hi

I predict the Jets offensive line will suck, Bell will be ineffective and start throwing the line and organization under the bus by midseason. The Jets will be stuck with an unhappy, overpaid primadonna rb. Glad the Bills stayed away from him and Brown, too much ego.

• Like (+1) 2

I mean it is voluntary and won’t mean a thing if he produces this season.  But I won’t be thrilled if I was the Jets.  He seems like he is just about himself.  Still will put up numbers but he doesn’t have that winner mentality.  I don’t know why teams spend big resources on rbs now.

3 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

AND building team chemistry.

I have read here that chemistry and character are not required.  I agree with you that the team will perform better when in it together vs their own stats.

I am sure every person on the team would like to work out at home but they are there for the team.  Eventually they will say "me too" and stay home.