CJ Mosley to the Jets (5 yr, $85M, $51M gtd)

eball

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m keep thinking about what the situation the Dolphins are in right now and wonder where the Jets will be in three years

That's possible, but it could also work - (responsibly) spending big money in FA is the way to go when you have faith in your QB that's on a rookie contract. We can all probably agree Darnold > Tannehill as well. Gase took the Dolphins to the playoffs in his first year, stayed afloat with Cutler year 2, and then the wheels fell off the roster year 3, so I don't think coaching was the issue - personality aside. He and Gregg Williams do make me nervous that they can get the job done.

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

15 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Don’t the Jets have a bunch of open roster spots to fill? Seems like they are going a little overboard. Mosley is a solid player. So they have picked up Osemele, Barr, Crowder, and Mosley

Ya that’s around 50 million they already spent, they better hope these moves pan out

I love how everyone is "meh" to all this when in reality the Jets are doing everything they can do to make their team ready to compete NOW and not settling for scraps or bargain basement players. Something we all wished the Bills were doing.

Does it guarantee wins? No.

Propel them towards a Lombardi? No.

The Jets have done this before. Splurge in FA and only to fall flat, but to their credit they keep trying.  So let's see now.

Leonard Williams

Jamal Adams

Anthony Barr

CJ Mosley

Avery Williamson

and coming soon either Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen. And with Greg Williams at the DC position. Yikes!!

Beane really has to solidify that O line now. 

C'mon Beane! Time to stir up that cauldron and whip up your best witchcraft cause we need it. Go Bills!!

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

I love how everyone is "meh" to all this when in reality the Jets are doing everything they can do to make their team ready to compete NOW and not settling for scraps or bargain basement players. Something we all wished the Bills are doing.

Does it guarantee wins? No.

Propel them towards a Lombardi? No.

The Jets have done this before. Splurge in FA and only to fall flat, but to their credit they keep trying.  So let's see now.

Leonard Williams

Jamal Adams

Anthony Barr

CJ Mosley

Avery Williamson

and coming soon either Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen. And with Greg Williams at the DC position. Yikes!!

Beane really has to solidify that O line now. 

C'mon Beane! Time to stir up that cauldron and whip up your best witchcraft cause we need it. Go Bills!!

Their cornerbacks are terrible. They lost Clairborne who was their best last year. There is always a hole in a defense. Though I agree it will be a much better Jets team as a whole next season.