Jets reportedly moving on from Darron Lee

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Jets better hope they clean up in FA because their GM’s drafting is brutal 

If I remember that was  more of a Todd Bowles influenced pick.  

Who did the Bills take in the first that year?

9 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Jets following Buffalo's lead in clearing the decks of previous regimes' draft picks.  Not one remains from the 2012-2015 Nix/Whaley classes. 

For the Jets that's all the same GM 

• Like (+1) 1

He's a great athlete who has difficulty in reading a football playbook and implementing the play on the field.  

In college, he pretty much just tackled whoever had the ball and let his athleticism do the work.  In the NFL, he had to learn "assignments" and "zones" and IMO, that's why he's disappointed.  

That's why sometimes you take the better football player over the better athlete.  It's easier to make a professional football player more athletic in the NFL than it is to make the athlete a professional football player.  

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

He's a great athlete who has difficulty in reading a football playbook and implementing the play on the field.  

In college, he pretty much just tackled whoever had the ball and let his athleticism do the work.  In the NFL, he had to learn "assignments" and "zones" and IMO, that's why he's disappointed.  

That's why sometimes you take the better football player over the better athlete.  It's easier to make a professional football player more athletic in the NFL than it is to make the athlete a professional football player.  

He also had very little experience playing the position of LB. He was a converted HS QB. He played 2 years of LB in his life before being drafted. 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gross

Somehow did not fire the GM who drafted all of those guys. 

God I hated Lee pre draft and remember arguing over it at the old Bills message board. I mean I wanted Robert Nkemdiche, so I was wrong too, but I thought Lee was soft and small and that's what he is. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Somehow did not fire the GM who drafted all of those guys. 

God I hated Lee pre draft and remember arguing over it at the old Bills message board. I mean I wanted Robert Nkemdiche, so I was wrong too, but I thought Lee was soft and small and that's what he is. 

I thought he was talented and had potential but not a 1st rounder - just too raw. And then the Jets tried playing him inside which made no sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought he was talented and had potential but not a 1st rounder - just too raw. And then the Jets tried playing him inside which made no sense. 

Great point. I think a team switching to a 4-3 should give him a shot as a Will, but these guys get pigeonholed all of the time. Surprised the Jets wouldn't just try him at Will. But he's not a Greg Williams type, that's for sure. Maybe they go after Jamie Collins.