I would offersheet Browns Rashard Higgins

He was slapped with the original round tender. Meaning if he leaves via offersheet it is a 5th round pick surrendered. 

https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/g66l-2019/03/d3100ccf9d7920/why-the-cleveland-browns-should-sign-rashard-higgins-longterm-film-room.html

6ft 2 190. Started to break out last year. Think he would have more value than a 5th round pick in this draft. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

I’ve been saying Higgins should be looked at for sometime now.

He’s Solid. Question is can he play ST?

For 5th it’s definitely worth looking into. But watch, he will stay with Cleveland under 2nd year Mayfield and have his best season to date. He’s a solid slot player

Id be comfortable with him

Zay Jones

Robert Foster

Rashard Higgins

Deebo Samuels (2nd round)

Duke Williams 

TJ Hockenson (1st Round)

Dwayne Allen

Jason Croom

Solid WR/TE group

Gotta get those FA OL though. After round 2 go all Defense 

50 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

For 5th it’s definitely worth looking into. But watch, he will stay with Cleveland under 2nd year Mayfield and have his best season to date. He’s a solid slot player

Zay Jones

Robert Foster

Rashard Higgins

Duke Williams 

TJ Hockenson (1st Round)

Dwayne Allen

Jason Croom

Solid WR/TE group

Why are we do ready to get rid of McKenzie......thought he did pretty well for us when we brought him in last year

Would be a fine pickup but you gotta remember we have to make an offer that Cleveland isn’t interested in. Would probably be a decent overpay plus giving up a pick. Idk if he’s really worth it. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Why are we do ready to get rid of McKenzie......thought he did pretty well for us when we brought him in last year

Well McD likes to keep a return man. McKenzie can be that guy. I like McKenzie but I think Higgins would be a slight upgrade. 

I am of the belief that if the Bills get a stud WR that means everyone else gets pushed down a peg and this suddenly becomes a pretty solid group for Allen.

That's why they made a play for Brown.

The Bills might not be done trying to trade for a number one WR and Higgins isn't it.

I also would expect the Bills to add a WR, or two in the draft.

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh John.... in that list, not including McKenzie as wr6 was your biggest worry?

dont let this be a repeat of last off-seasons satisfaction with subpar talent and thinking everyone is going to play at or above their ceiling 

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am of the belief that if the Bills get a stud WR that means everyone else gets pushed down a peg and this suddenly becomes a pretty solid group for Allen.

That's why they made a play for Brown.

The Bills might not be done trying to trade for a number one WR and Higgins isn't it.

I also would expect the Bills to add a WR, or two in the draft.

Agreed that this group needs a legit difference maker AND a high upside guy added.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

100%

They need a veteran number one in here.... Which is why I'd like them to sign Tate. He's no AB, but he's been around and would immensely help the WR room and Allen.

And even with that known quantity excellent vet you need that day two of the draft “reliably good and could be great” type of prospect. We are trying to fix one of the worst WR groups in recent memory and it’s going to take a lot 

(Plus talent at TE)

On 3/8/2019 at 5:03 PM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Zay Jones

Robert Foster

Rashard Higgins

Duke Williams 

TJ Hockenson (1st Round)

Dwayne Allen

Jason Croom

Solid WR/TE group

After round 1 go almost all Offense if they are BPA.

23 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

100%

They need a veteran number one in here.... Which is why I'd like them to sign Tate. He's no AB, but he's been around and would immensely help the WR room and Allen.

I have no qualms with Beane going after Tate.  He brings vet leadership and toughness but he isn't a number 1.

I think Higgins could be worth a 5th round tender.  If he doesn't pan out, there is little dead money involved, he has been productive.  He is a little on the light side but is quick and decisive.  You know what your getting with him versus a 5th round RB from this draft.  RB is a position that needs an influx of youthful talent on Bills roster and I feel McCoy and Ivory will be gone next year.  Would still need an Ivory type power back but Higgins looks somewhat comparable to McCoy ( obviously not as productive career wise) and is younger.

Edited by richardb1952

2 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

At the time, I was really hoping we'd draft Higgins, but I worked at Colorado State throughout his time there and watched him play every week so I had a little bias. I think he's coming into his own as a very good NFL WR and would love to have him on the team. 

Agree and I think you are getting a younger WR. With snaps in this league vs a 5th rounder that has as much chance as being cut than he does producing