Colts in strong pursuit of WR Tyrell Williams, probable favorites to sign him

Logic

5 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

This is great news for us.

I say get your slot in this draft if not Zay is our best bet for that job. Don't waste money on any of these free agent Wrs. The only one I think will be worth a deal is Moncreif and that's all depending on his price. 7mil per for 3yrs is the most I offer him. 

Btw there is some great talent at the slot this yr . Players u can possibly get in the 3rd or 4th rds. 

#1 Andy Isabella 

#2 Deebo Samuel 

#3 Parris Campbell 

#4 Terry McLaurin 

# 5 Penny Hart 

Id LOVE ISabella in the 3rd or 4th. I think he can be more than a slot guy. Dude's a beast. I just think slot guys in our offense wont be that productive.

5 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I say get your slot in this draft if not Zay is our best bet for that job. Don't waste money on any of these free agent Wrs. The only one I think will be worth a deal is Moncreif and that's all depending on his price. 7mil per for 3yrs is the most I offer him. 

Btw there is some great talent at the slot this yr . Players u can possibly get in the 3rd or 4th rds. 

#1 Andy Isabella 

#2 Deebo Samuel 

#3 Parris Campbell 

#4 Terry McLaurin 

# 5 Penny Hart 

I agree, I really like those first 4 guys, don’t know much about Hart.  But I do really like Humphries, be nice to have a little more experience in the room than just a lot of first and second year NFL players.  And I mainly want to sign Humphries to replace Zay.  

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

$12 million  ayear?? For 1 season of 728 yards??  I mean have teams lost their damn minds?

He did have 1059 yards the year before that though.  But yeah, seems like a lot for a guy whose best year was just solid and 3 years ago.  His production has gone down every year since and when you watch him play he doesn’t display anything special.  He’s fast but he’s a guy that seems to be easily taken out of games and doesn’t make the big catches.  

I never understood the infactuation with him, especially with the depth at WR in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Logic said:

Anyone with Tyrell Williams high on their wishlist might want to start looking at Plan B. The Colts have more money than the Bills, and there are coaching connections (not to mention an established franchise QB) that might make them a more desirable destination.

TYRELL WILLIAMS
WR, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

10694.jpg

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Colts are in "strong pursuit" of free agent Tyrell Williams.

La Canfora echoes the Las Vegas Review-Journal's Michael Gehlken's report from last week, saying the Raiders are also courting Williams, who is expected to get $12 million-plus annually. This doesn't sound like a path Colts GM Chris Ballard would typically travel down; he hasn't shown a big belief in building through free agency, and Williams is going to be expensive. But both coach Frank Reich and OC Nick Sirianni know Williams from their Chargers days. Indianapolis does need to do something out wide to take the burden off T.Y. Hilton.

More money is a pretty pointless distinction.

the team that pays him will get him and both could do whatever their heart desires on that front. 

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good, I don't want to pay him $12M.  I would MUCH rather sign Humphries.  He may prove worth it, he may not.  I don't want to gamble $12M to find out.  Give me a great slot WR like Humphries for less and then draft our #1 type WR this year in rounds 1 or 2.  

Would rather get N'Keal Harry in the draft he matches the size of Williams not sure of his speed but would be a lot cheaper then get Humphries as the slot guy would be much more Bean like ...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

More money is a pretty pointless distinction.

the team that pays him will get him and both could do whatever their heart desires on that front. 

The team that pays him will be paying double what he is worth due to the weak FA Market...what ever happened to "just because you are the best player available at your position doesn't make you worth top $ for your position"??

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The team that pays him will be paying double what he is worth due to the weak FA Market...what ever happened to "just because you are the best player available at your position doesn't make you worth top $ for your position"??

Since when was that a thing?

i get the sentiment but scarcity drives price everywhere

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Since when was that a thing?

i get the sentiment but scarcity drives price everywhere

At some point you have to look at what you are getting and see what its going to cost and determine its not worth it. Not even close.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

At some point you have to look at what you are getting and see what its going to cost and determine its not worth it. Not even close.

Im not so much advocating for him. But you need to at least have an alternate plan to move the ball that more efficiently allocated the resources. 

Seems like a natural fit. T.Williams is at or near the top of the WR market. The Colts have the most cap space and a need to get a third target behind TY and Ebron. Williams would give them a nice complement to the other two players and the Colts could overpay and have enough cap space left over to address other needs. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Colts go after T.Williams and C.Beasley to round out their secondary targets too. The Colts could then go after a pair of top defensive players as well. 

On 3/7/2019 at 4:51 AM, BillsFan1988 said:

#1 Andy Isabella 

#2 Deebo Samuel 

#3 Parris Campbell 

#4 Terry McLaurin 

# 5 Penny Hart 

Yea but I don't want a slot player... Zay is a slot player. Why can't we have a big stud WR? We do we always have to settle? Those players you've listed are good...if you already have a Stud WR in place...they can complement your receiver core nicely.  But we don't have that in place... I'd rather have DK... get the big, strong, fast guy that can catch & out muscle people for the ball

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Yea but I don't want a slot player... Zay is a slot player. Why can't we have a big stud WR? We do we always have to settle? Those players you've listed are good...if you already have a Stud WR in place...they can complement your receiver core nicely.  But we don't have that in place... I'd rather have DK... get the big, strong, fast guy that can catch & out muscle people for the ball

My point was don't spend money on that position because we have Zay and he's just as good as those other players in free agency but I see major upgrades in the draft starting with Andy and Deebo.

15 hours ago, iinii said:

Tyrell seems way more of a process guy than AB. Brings his lunch pail and balls out. This young man is going to make some team very happy.

I agree, I know I'm in the minority about wanting TW for Josh but if the Colts do get him he'll have a great career there. Hope we're still trying?

14 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

My point was don't spend money on that position because we have Zay and he's just as good as those other players in free agency but I see major upgrades in the draft starting with Andy and Deebo.

Deebo is another one I like too... but I don't think he has Superstar potential. 

Are you saying an upgrade to zay?