Joe Marino (paraphrasing): "Bills will add an edge rusher in free agency in a 'creative' way"

7 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

When I hear creative ways the last thing I think of is someone's castoff.  Maybe a trade, but signing a FA isn't creative.

No. Getting a player from another sport or league would be creative or getting a player to change positions would be. Maybe convincing someone to unretire.

How about Trade down and then sign one of the frachised guys in a way that the other team cant match.  I where are the Cowgirls with cap space.

They got almost 50 mil.  That is the only one I would give up 2 first for. but only after I traded down several times.  Maybe end up with 29 and 30 lol.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

No. Getting a player from another sport or league would be creative or getting a player to change positions would be. Maybe convincing someone to unretire.

been done/ Buffalo actually perfected it..
best thought i read was moving Edmunds and bringing in MLB via FA. thats got creative written all over it

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SWATeam said:

The only thing I can think of is maybe they are planning on signing a MLB and moving Edmunds to edge?

Edmunds should be on the outside- he should of been last year. 

46 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Dude thinks he’s Napoleon.

Napoleon Dynamite maybe ?

Joe Marino locked on Bills  podcast is the best. Much better then anything on WGR. 

Yesterday show very informative to those that don't listen give it a try. 

He talked about how the Bills don't value the WR position much as far as having a traditional setup with a #1 guy but rather put together a core of guys.

He also talked about the 3tech DT that McD heavily emphases in his defense.  

U can tell the man loves his job and has a great grasp of what he's talking about. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds super cryptic. What are we signing Bell and converting him to DE? I'd think an MLB to move Edmunds outside but it's probably not even close to that "creative".

Clickbait tweet or whatever.. Bills sign and convert a 3-4 edge rushers to 4-3!

I swear to God if he phrased this hoopla over a Justin Houston position change signing or some CB blitz packages.. really silly.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

6 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

WOAH!!! We are trading a draft pick for Rosen to play DE?!?!?

Bell and AB on the edge. We're going to reinvent the game. Plus trade for Rosen for a few giggles on the edge. You're spot on there.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

15 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I know he said free agency, but two under the radar guys who  could come available and would be great fits imo, Solomon Thomas of the 49ers and Trey Hendrickson of the Saints. Thomas is a bigger end that fits the McDermott mold. If the 49ers draft Joey Bosa, I think they move Thomas. The other guy Hendrickson is another bigger end who has been a part time player and will be losing more playing time to Marcus Davenport. Perhaps a reclamation project like Noah Spence. 

love those guys, hope it happens.

• Like (+1) 1

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26136728/chiefs-move-ford-houston-sources-say

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Dee Ford and Justin Houston combined for 22 sacks last season and 47.5 the past three seasons for the Chiefs. But it's possible that neither will play for Kansas City in 2019.

The Chiefs placed the franchise tag on Ford on Monday but are listening to trade offers for the outside linebacker and have received interest from multiple teams, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Kansas City is open to bringing Ford back, though, in the event that it does not find a suitable trade partner.

Houston has also been informed that the Chiefs will try to trade him, a source told ESPN, and if no deal is reached he will be released. Houston carries a salary-cap number of $21.1 million for next season; trading or releasing him would save the Chiefs $14 million against the salary cap.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:21 PM, DCOrange said:

On the most recent episode of the Locked on Bills podcast, around 16 minutes in he starts talking about edge rushers and said that he can't divulge specific names, but he's been told that Buffalo will be taking a run at addressing the edge rusher position in "creative ways" this offseason, specifically to plan for the future at the position.

He also specified that they will not pursue Clowney.

I'm guessing this means they'll be making sort of an under-the-radar dart throw of a signing to see if they happen to get lucky and get a guy to breakout. Wouldn't be surprised if maybe it's one of their former Panther guys: Kony Ealy. Seems like people could make an argument that Anthony Barr would be a "creative" approach to adding an edge rusher too since he's been mostly an off-ball LB to this point.

I think the creative approach is what we saw at the end of last year.

I believe we sign either Barr or Za'darious Smith. They play the LB spot and Zo slides to DE which slides Lawson to DT on passing downs. Lawson had some really nice success inside late last year.