Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Wasn’t there a bunch of similar conspiracy theory nonsense about Baker Mayfield’s height too?  The earth is really flat, the moon landing was a hoax and Kyler Murray is really 5’8”.  

I don’t recall but I do know Mayfield measured nearly 6’1 and I’m pretty sure he’s 5’11 as I’ve seen him up close.

• Like (+1) 2

Here is what Peter King had to say about Rosen in today's Football Morning in America column...

I asked Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner, who lives in Arizona and watched Rosen last year, what he thinks the value for Rosen is. “I would give a three for Josh,” Warner said. A third-round pick. Yikes. Saturday night, I asked a renowned NFL GM what he thought the value of Rosen in trade would. “Probably a three,” the GM said. “Not what the Cardinals would think his value is.”

Apparently, Rosen isn't particularly well thought of in NFL circles... Makes the idea of Arizona taking Murray #1 overall even more plausible...

Edited by DefenseWins
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Here is what Peter King had to say about Rosen in today's Football Morning in America column...

I asked Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner, who lives in Arizona and watched Rosen last year, what he thinks the value for Rosen is. “I would give a three for Josh,” Warner said. A third-round pick. Yikes. Saturday night, I asked a renowned NFL GM what he thought the value of Rosen in trade would. “Probably a three,” the GM said. “Not what the Cardinals would think his value is.”

Apparently, Rosen isn't particularly well thought of in NFL circles... Makes the idea of Arizona taking Murray #1 overall even more plausible...

Interesting.  Gotta be some off-field concerns and/or issues with his perceived leadership abilities.

5 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Wow.  Just a 3rd for a first round pick in his 2nd season ? Does this mean that all those silly handles like RosennotChosen and WrongJosh etc will go away lol.

8 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Yep, I was about to post this. 

13 hours ago, Doc said:

If they give up the 15th overall, they're idiots.

See the quotes from the Peter King column above. No one is giving up a first rounder for Rosen.

15 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I mean, it’s not a glowing endorsement and I didn’t intend it to be. But short of finding the kid yourself and busting out your tape measure, who are you going to believe.

look what you just did in your reply Bill - made a judgment based on what, an instagram pic of him standing next to another guy, who is claimed to be 6’1”? How reliable is that? And yet you’re confident here the kid is “no way” 5’10’? Idk man.

You raised a very good point. I am not positive that Tua is 6'1". What I do know is that he is a lot taller than Murray. I will try to dig up the picture I was referring to.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You raised a very good point. I am not positive that Tua is 6'1". What I do know is that he is a lot taller than Murray. I will try to dig up the picture I was referring to.

People keep bringing up Flutie's shortness, but Flutie was actually darn good for the Bills overall. If he had been in the NFL during his CFL prime, his career would be remembered a lot differently. He was genuinely incredible in the CFL, and today's NFL wouldn't have let him linger there. 

Factoring in the just give it to 'em game as a Bills win, which I always do, and the Indy game after he took over for RJ after the second play, the Bills were 23-8 in games Flutie started. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

People keep bringing up Flutie's shortness, but Flutie was actually darn good for the Bills overall. If he had been in the NFL during his CFL prime, his career would be remembered a lot differently. He was genuinely incredible in the CFL, and today's NFL wouldn't have let him linger there. 

Factoring in the just give it to 'em game as a Bills win, which I always do, and the Indy game after he took over for RJ after the second play, the Bills were 23-8 in games Flutie started. 

Agreed. I think that he was even something like 8-5 as a starter for a not so great Bears team. McMahon was said to hate him.

Flutie was very good and Murray has a stronger arm. Is it as accurate? I don't know. Will Murray be a success? I don't know that either. But if I owned a team that picked first and needed a quarterback I would draft him because he MIGHT be very good and there are untold millions of dollars at stake. The owner will make back his salary within the first few weeks of the season, if not before.

I will be shocked if Murray is not taken at #1.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

This is just insanity.  Back in the day, teams recognized that Qbs needed a few years to grow into the position, to mature in their ability to read defenses, etc.  Not only did players need this, but coaches as well.  And now you see this:  you have  a team that gives up on a HC and a QB after one year, only to go after a new HC that has minimal (any??) NFL coaching experience, who is being give the keys to the kingdom, and who apparently thinks the answer at QB is a kid that is undersized and a big question mark as to how he'll fit in the league.  Meanwhile you have a guy in Rosen that this time last year was the one who was most pro ready by many accounts, played on a team that had little to offer to help him, and somehow he gets thrown to the trash heap.

No wonder the Cards struggle.  No wonder the teams that seem to do the best year in and year out are the ones with stability in the front office and coaching staffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

This is just insanity.  Back in the day, teams recognized that Qbs needed a few years to grow into the position, to mature in their ability to read defenses, etc.  Not only did players need this, but coaches as well.  And now you see this:  you have  a team that gives up on a HC and a QB after one year, only to go after a new HC that has minimal (any??) NFL coaching experience, who is being give the keys to the kingdom, and who apparently thinks the answer at QB is a kid that is undersized and a big question mark as to how he'll fit in the league.  Meanwhile you have a guy in Rosen that this time last year was the one who was most pro ready by many accounts, played on a team that had little to offer to help him, and somehow he gets thrown to the trash heap.

No wonder the Cards struggle.  No wonder the teams that seem to do the best year in and year out are the ones with stability in the front office and coaching staffs. 

I'm telling you OMF, it's about money. This kid is going to make HUGE bucks for the owner before the season even starts!!!