Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

Just now, Bills2ref said:

There is only one reason to forego the height measurement, literally only one. It takes like 10 seconds. 

Well he did it at the Combine and theoretically that should be the only measurement that is needed/counts.  It's not like you can (in reality) gain or lose height within the space of a couple weeks.  But if they fudged his height at the Combine, that's sad. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Well he did it at the Combine and theoretically that should be the only measurement that is needed/counts.  It's not like you can (in reality) gain or lose height within the space of a couple weeks.  But if they fudged his height at the Combine, that's sad. 

There is talk (for what that's worth) that his combine height was less than accurate. While this is likely just haters hating, by not taking the 5 seconds to do it this time (especially since he's getting weighed) he's just begging for that door to be opened. The reality is that it shouldn't matter, and in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't. The biggest issue is why? Everything about this guys pre-draft has been a mess.  

Edited by whatdrought

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

That’s kind of what I’m thinking. I’m not much of a conspiracy theorist. But why re-weigh yourself and not have your height measured again. 

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This kid and his dad are just weird.

Bust potential seems high.

Absolutely. He has a huge uphill battle to not be a bust at the NFL level IMO. Not that my opinion means much ?. But if the Cardinals didn’t take him first overall I am curious to see if he would be the first or second QB off the board. From all I’ve seen so far, I would take Haskins over him. And I’m not very high on Haskins either. 

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

There is talk (for what that's worth) that his combine height was less than accurate. While this is likely just haters hating, by not taking the 5 seconds to do it this time (especially since he's getting weighed) he's just begging for that door to be opened. The reality is that it shouldn't matter, and in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't. The biggest issue is why? Everything about this guys pre-draft has been a mess.  

Im more apt to believe the combine height than what he measures at his own pro day. I think this is just his camp's way of saying "We already measured well and are moving on so everyone can focus on what's important, his throwing". If he measures again, even if it is the same, it will be the main thing everyone reports on. I dont think anything nefarious is going on there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Im more apt to believe the combine height than what he measures at his own pro day. I think this is just his camp's way of saying "We already measured well and are moving on so everyone can focus on what's important, his throwing". If he measures again, even if it is the same, it will be the main thing everyone reports on. I dont think anything nefarious is going on there.

I disagree- I think if he measures and it's the same it's just putting that conversation to bed. I think the unusualness of opting out has created more of a conversation than just nailing the measurement. (as evidenced by our conversation. :P

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

He decided not to run the 40 too ??

What an idiot. 

Edited by whatdrought

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes. Presumably his weight can change, but his height can't. 

On 3/6/2019 at 3:31 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

which team is most desperate to take their cast off?

has to be washington?

I think NYG.  They can probably trade a 2nd or 3rd to get him instead of using one or both their first rounders to get Haskins.

They can then grab a blue chip defender at 6 and a WR/OL at 17 to put around Rosen 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

I have to think he's been told by Arizona that he'll be the 1st overall QB taken.  Otherwise you run the 40-yard.  No one has talked about him making a position switch (outside of pitcher in MLB), unlike Jackson last year.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I disagree- I think if he measures and it's the same it's just putting that conversation to bed. I think the unusualness of opting out has created more of a conversation than just nailing the measurement. (as evidenced by our conversation. :P

What an idiot. 

Lamar Jackson didn’t run a 40 last year at the combine or Pro Day either.

Teams know who these players are. Almost quite literally doesn’t matter.

• Like (+1) 2