Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

7 minutes ago, nuklz2594 said:

listening to espn radio.  there was a discussion about cards drafting murray and trading rosen to pats. he would sit behind brady for a who knows how long.  does this make sense?

A lot of people were getting their panties in a bunch about the possibility of the Pats trading up in front of us for Rosen, or Mason Rudolph of all people. Then Rosen went ten and Rudolph got drafting in the third round. 

I could see Rosen to the Pats, but I do think Rosen to the Giants makes a ton of sense. 

75 Josh Allen BUF QB 169 320 52.8 26.7 2,074 6.5 172.8 10 12 89 27.8 75T 30 5 28 67.9
76 Josh Rosen ARI QB 217 393 55.2 28.1 2,278 5.8 162.7 11 14 112 28.5 75T 23 4 45 66.7

Look, I like Allen better than Rosen, and I'm glad we got what sorta looks like the better Josh. But maybe we're getting carried away here, suggesting one is Mr. Franchise and the other is Mr. Bust.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:
75 Josh Allen BUF QB 169 320 52.8 26.7 2,074 6.5 172.8 10 12 89 27.8 75T 30 5 28 67.9
76 Josh Rosen ARI QB 217 393 55.2 28.1 2,278 5.8 162.7 11 14 112 28.5 75T 23 4 45 66.7

Look, I like Allen better than Rosen, and I'm glad we got what sorta looks like the better Josh. But maybe we're getting carried away here, suggesting one is Mr. Franchise and the other is Mr. Bust.

Absolutely true.  Like any rookie QB, Rosen should not be written off after one season, especially with a dumpster fire organization like AZ.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

That was me.  Taking Murry over Mayfield is not an option.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

He needs to learn to read.

What Im saying is that as long as Josh Allen is my QB Im not wasting to much time looking at QBs and if I spend anytime doing so it is to talk someone into trading up for my pick.  I woulding even consider drafting a QB. 

I guess I should worded my post like I was explaining it to children.  I take it for granted that a lot of posters reading comprehension exceeds that of a third grader.

7 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

What Im saying is that as long as Josh Allen is my QB Im not wasting to much time looking at QBs and if I spend anytime doing so it is to talk someone into trading up for my pick.  I woulding even consider drafting a QB. 

I guess I should worded my post like I was explaining it to children.  I take it for granted that a lot of posters reading comprehension exceeds that of a third grader.

Well that’s silly. Josh Allen had some bright spots and I like him, but he hasn’t had a Pro Bowl alternate caliber season, let alone a really good one. 

I hope he’s the guy, but I don’t think anyone should be convinced he is.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Well that’s silly. Josh Allen had some bright spots and I like him, but he hasn’t had a Pro Bowl alternate caliber season, let alone a really good one. 

I hope he’s the guy, but I don’t think anyone should be convinced he is.

Oh, your one of those guys huh.  Lets draft first round QBs and never put anything around them.

Murry is overrated and overhyped.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

Oh, your one of those guys huh.  Lets draft first round QBs and never put anything around them.

Murry is overrated and overhyped.

If Josh Allen fails as a QB because of a single first round pick in 2019, I'd argue he was never going to succeed anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

If Josh Allen fails as a QB because of a single first round pick in 2019, I'd argue he was never going to succeed anyway.

Have you looked at our Oline and WR core lately.  How about our aging RBs.  Our depth at DT at the moment.  Heck our depthe at just about every position other than QB.

22 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Try working on simpler things like punctuation, spelling, and grammar first.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Try working on simpler things like punctuation, spelling, and grammar first.

Its an internet blog.  Thats not really that important.  On certain things I worry about that.  So I guess me and 90% of all posters online need to go to college right.

47 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Its an internet blog.  Thats not really that important.  On certain things I worry about that.  So I guess me and 90% of all posters online need to go to college right.

Or pass the 3rd grade. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly. As passers they were very similar in 2018. 

The two things in Allen's favour are his legs and the fact that he definitely showed a more smooth improvement arc. Rosen's performances remained up and down throughout but then you have to consider the mess in Arizona as a contributory factor. If Arizona trades him away I still think they will regret it. 

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Have you looked at our Oline and WR core lately.  How about our aging RBs.  Our depth at DT at the moment.  Heck our depthe at just about every position other than QB.

You planned on filling OL, WR, RB, DT, and every other position with one pick?

35 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

You planned on filling OL, WR, RB, DT, and every other position with one pick?

Nope just BPA and that isnt a QB this year.  The only QB in my opinion that is worthy of a top 10 pick is Lock And whether you agree or not Allen is a better prospect than any of these QBs.  Its bad enough when teams reach when they need a QB but to reach when you dont is pretty foolish.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy make so much money because he’s a couple inches taller than people thought he was. The only reason he didn’t do any other drills is because it is hard to move around with 2 inches of collagen injected into the bottom of your feet.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy make so much money because he’s a couple inches taller than people thought he was. The only reason he didn’t do any other drills is because it is hard to move around with 2 inches of collagen injected into the bottom of your feet.  ?

No, it's because he added 15# to weigh-in higher than he played at in college. 

• Like (+1) 1