TV Shows That Stayed On Too Long

The Office lasted too long.

I enjoyed the first few seasons of American Idol, but lost interest after that.

Two and a Half Men should have ended when Charlie Sheen left.

Criminal Minds lasted too long; loved that show for years.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Office lasted too long.

I enjoyed the first few seasons of American Idol, but lost interest after that.

Two and a Half Men should have ended when Charlie Sheen left.

Criminal Minds lasted too long; loved that show for years.

Can't honestly say I've watched more than ten minutes of Two and a Half Men after Charlie Sheen left. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

The Office is the clear answer for me. Once Steve Carell left, that should have been ball game.

It really was a perfect episode to end on.  Scrubs managed to boot theirs in the same exact way.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Steve O said:

Dexter - last season was weak. 6-8 weren't that great either.

Blindspot has been really weak this year.

Someone pointed out in another thread he thought the writers intended for season 4 to be the end of Breaking Bad but it was brought back for season 5 due to popular demand. No matter, really enjoyed season 5, thought the ending was great.

Blindspot is still relatively new. Jane is back to normal .....  We'll see how the tats actually help or if they tangent to a "normal" FBI agency 

3 hours ago, Logic said:

The Office is the clear answer for me. Once Steve Carell left, that should have been ball game.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

It really was a perfect episode to end on.  Scrubs managed to boot theirs in the same exact way.

If they insisted going on after Michael, one more season would have surfaced to wrap up any loose end storylines. 

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

If they insisted going on after Michael, one more season would have surfaced to wrap up any loose end storylines. 

Have Dunder Miflin quickly fall apart without him.  Maybe that is what happened, the show lost so much steam that I really don't remember much of what I did watch.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, shrader said:

Have Dunder Miflin quickly fall apart without him.  Maybe that is what happened, the show lost so much steam that I really don't remember much of what I did watch.

I remember Dwight and Angela got married at the end.

The weird thing with Pam and the camera guy.

The Baby that was most likely Dwight's.

Robert California.

Oscar and the congressman. 

That's about it. 

24.  It got very predictable and towards the end, way too much Chloe.  The Corey Hawkins try shouldn't have been attempted.  

First bad guy you see isn't the really bad guy, there's always a mole in CTU, etc.

Sons of Anarchy.  As that series wore on, it was less about an anti-hero motorcycle gang and more about the exploits of a sociopathic group of murderers.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

The show that was the source of the phrase “Jump the Shark”

'

But, Happy Days actually jumped the shark way before Fonzie jumped the shark.  I would argue it was lame after a great first season.  Chuck was gone with no explanation, Fonzie went from a tough guy without a leather jacket to whatever he was after that with a leather jacket,  and it went from single camera to multi camera.

It really seemed like it was in the 50s.  Within a few years, they were wearing 70s haircuts and not even pretending it was in the 50s.

• Like (+1) 2