Can you think of a TV show that's blown you away from very beginning to very end?

The Brady Bunch. The TV show, not those d-bags up in Foxboro.

Marcia was the bomb.

Appearances by Joe Namath, Deacon Jones and Don Drysdale. And Don freaking Ho!

Five year run that didn't overstay it's welcome and set the standard for every other show mentioned so far. Pretenders.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Funny as hell. Plus, I was young and the hormones were blooming. Can you blame me? 

No need to explain.  I think we all loved Ted Knight.

• Haha (+1) 6

On 2/25/2019 at 5:36 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I recommended the show Breaking Bad to a friend because I loved that show.  She finished all 5 seasons--not surprisingly--in about a week and a half.

But she was upset about the ending.  I won't spoil things about the show for those who haven't seen it, but she felt that it wasn't an "honest ending."  

Personally, I disagree in general.  I loved that show from the very beginning to the very end.  I think it did exactly what it was trying to do.

But it got me thinking about TV shows in general.  Most of them are about the journey, not the destination.  That's why I feel like endings of a lot of these shows are kinda awkward, almost like the creator is fumbling for an ending--Seinfeld!!!  

Fringe is one of my all time favorite shows.  But the last season and a half were just weird... you could tell the creator just had the foundational ideas for the show planned, not the ending.

Lost was gripping up until a certain point, at which point the same thing Fringe suffered from seemed to happen.

Love The Walking Dead, but I'm really just losing interest at this point.  There have been a couple opportunities in the last season or so to just end it and wrap everything up well.  Haven't even picked it back up since it started again a few weeks ago.

The Blacklist is another show I really like, but it's starting to suffer from the same problems, though I'll see where it goes 'cause it still has a chance.

I'm absolutely loving Better Call Saul, but right now it's at an inflection point, and I'm curious if it wraps itself up into its obvious conclusion this season or if it stretches itself out and falls into the same trap.

Almost the opposite can be said with Game of Thrones, which went from almost a slow-burning big budget TV show for the first 3 or 4 seasons and just felt rushed in its last season, to the point of being outlandish at points... even for a Fantasy show.  And with just 6 episodes left, I'm wondering where it ends, though if the ultimate victor is the character I want it to be, I'll probably be satisfied.

So I guess I'm throwing this out for 2 reasons: 

1) I'm curious if anyone can think of a show that was a knockout from beginning to end.  And that doesn't necessarily mean a happy ending... but it means a perfect, or near-perfect ending for that particular show

and

2) I'm always looking for good shows to watch... so preferably some warnings about spoilers, first  :thumbsup:

Gomorrah. Very real and raw.