2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Martin put up 225 29 times and played OG at ND. We'll see how Williams does in that particular drill. I just don't see top 10 talent in Williams.

Martin was taken with the 16th pick for the sake of reference.

My bad I thought he played LT at ND

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My bad I thought he played LT at ND

Upon further review, you are indeed correct. The first site I researched had him listed as OG but that was an NFL projection. Still very curious to see what kind of strength numbers Williams puts up. I'm very reluctant to take a pure tactician without any particularly great physical traits in the top 10. I'd be much more comfortable with the pick if we happen to trade down, but that's a whole lot of variables.

When I watch Martin, I see a mauler. I didn't see that even at the collegiate level from J Will.

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

While stuff like this (and Hakeem Butler's chart that I've seen going around) are interesting, I don't think it really tells you all that much until you can pair it with their athletic testing. If Irv is just average athletically on top of being relatively tiny, that's probably a massive red flag, but it might not be a big deal that he's undersized if he has elite athleticism.

12 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Those numbers for Ed Oliver are amazing. There were rumors he'd be 6'0 275. So to come in at 6'2 287 is amazing. He's going to run a 4.6 and his 10 yard splits, cone, shuttle will break the spectrum. He might not even be there at #9 when we pick.

Man, it sucks that like 20 guys won't be there at 9 for us!

• Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Those numbers for Ed Oliver are amazing. There were rumors he'd be 6'0 275. So to come in at 6'2 287 is amazing. He's going to run a 4.6 and his 10 yard splits, cone, shuttle will break the spectrum. He might not even be there at #9 when we pick.

He won't. This pretty much killed any hope there was.

1 minute ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

He won't. This pretty much killed any hope there was.

Not to worry. Between Q. Williams, E. Oliver, C. Wilkins, and J. Simmons, one of them will be there at 9, and all have the potential to be utter wrecking balls on the interior.

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not to worry. Between Q. Williams, E. Oliver, C. Wilkins, and J. Simmons, one of them will be there at 9, and all have the potential to be utter wrecking balls on the interior.

Simmons has to be out of the discussion that early now, right?  I mean he's going to miss the whole year I think, on top of the character stuff.

I love Oliver and Wilkins at 9.  And my boy Brian Burns just weighed in at 249.  A terror off the edge.

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Simmons has to be out of the discussion that early now, right?  I mean he's going to miss the whole year I think, on top of the character stuff.

I love Oliver and Wilkins at 9.  And my boy Brian Burns just weighed in at 249.  A terror off the edge.

Im cool with Oliver, Burns, or Wilkins if we go D. I'm even down with Gary if they want him at 3 tech.

1 minute ago, eball said:

We need a plug and play at C.  Possible trade down?

The word was that the Bills were watching him very closely at the Sr Bowl. And that Ken Dorsey has inside intel on him as well having worked (briefly) at App St under his former HC at NC St

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1