National Media versus oddsmakers on chances Antonio Brown ends up a Bill

1) why do fans want AB after all this?  This guy is all about himself

2) he couldn’t keep it together for an annual playoff contender with a HOF qb.  You think he would be happier in Buffalo?  This would be a disaster. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo86 said:

Signing Antonio Brown could go a long way toward restoring the Bills to national brand status.  Just imagine Brown walking around the NFL combine, wearing an Andre Reed jersey.  That's all you've got to say.

This stuff is so meaningless.  Know how you become a “national brand?”  Win!

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think that Antonio Brown is likely to fit Brandon Beane's definition of a "judicious" acquisition given the cost both in terms of draft picks and salary.  There's also the question of process and Brown's potential happiness in a run first offense led by a second year QB most would still call raw.

Steelers are going to get far less for Brown than they think...they are basing compensation on his past performance while teams who trade for him and going to look at his future performance from age 31 to 35 and run thr most likely scenarios based on age declining production to see what they are a really going to be getting.

Couple this with 4 years of top WR contract money while most likely they will only get 2 actual years of top production and that's another drop in what teams will likely be willing to give up...

Steelers will end up not getting that much for him or will end up not trading him. Unless there is a fool of a GM who gives up a ton in a trade AND takes on a bloated contract AND is willing to deal with potential attitude problems/locker room issues...might be one or two out there but my bet is teams will be cautious and not willing to give up that much.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

My guess is the Colts.  They have the most money, and  calming force of Reich and Luck will be a good opposite for TY Hilton, and could possibly get them another ring.  Luck is playing like a stud now, they like their O Line, running game, and their defense is vastly improved.

They have a much better chance of beating the Pats than us next year.

Which can be one of the reasons Steelers do not trade AB to them but to us:) 

1 hour ago, Bills Wilk said:

Get that one from the Orlando Appolles , I forget his name (AAF)

I think you mean Charles Johnson.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/charles-johnson-leads-aaf-in-receiving/

I would not complain if we had him.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Steelers are going to get far less for Brown than they think...they are basing compensation on his past performance while teams who trade for him and going to look at his future performance from age 31 to 35 and run thr most likely scenarios based on age declining production to see what they are a really going to be getting.

Couple this with 4 years of top WR contract money while most likely they will only get 2 actual years of top production and that's another drop in what teams will likely be willing to give up...

Steelers will end up not getting that much for him or will end up not trading him. Unless there is a fool of a GM who gives up a ton in a trade AND takes on a bloated contract AND is willing to deal with potential attitude problems/locker room issues...might be one or two out there but my bet is teams will be cautious and not willing to give up that much.

His contract is not guaranteed - so it is year to year. I think part of AB's issues stem from that fact - he wants his contract reworked to include guaranteed money. I think a team like ours can meet him halfway. Something like guarantee two years now with the third one guaranteed after 1 year. That said, I agree with your assessment that Steelers are going to get less than what they thought a couple of months ago.

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I don't think that Antonio Brown is likely to fit Brandon Beane's definition of a "judicious" acquisition given the cost both in terms of draft picks and salary.  There's also the question of process and Brown's potential happiness in a run first offense led by a second year QB most would still call raw.

Agree with you on some things but I believe we will be a gameplan offense we wont be run first or pass first.  We will take advantage of the oppenents weakness and emphisies our players strengths.

36 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Agree with you on some things but I believe we will be a gameplan offense we wont be run first or pass first.  We will take advantage of the oppenents weakness and emphisies our players strengths.

We may get to the point where that will be a good description of Buffalo's offense.  The question is will Josh Allen be ready for it next season, and if not, how patient will Antonio Brown be?

• Like (+1) 1

Can’t wait until another team gives up a high pick for AB and we can all move on..

The people that say they want him rarely say what they are prepared to give up for him..

You aren’t getting  the opportunity to pay him all that money for free..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

My guess is the Colts.  They have the most money, and  calming force of Reich and Luck will be a good opposite for TY Hilton, and could possibly get them another ring.  Luck is playing like a stud now, they like their O Line, running game, and their defense is vastly improved.

They have a much better chance of beating the Pats than us next year.

this would be perfect for both parties.

AB would get so blown up by his peers if he downgraded all the way to Buffalo, that his ego (and his agent, whose business would also be damaged for sending his player to the "north pole") would prevent him from signing with the Bills at any price.   For players and agents, this is business, nothing personal, and pro bowl players at skill positions making moves to the Bills is just plain bad for business.   Potential clients would forever look sideways at the agent ("you couldn't do better than Buffalo, for crying out loud, for AB in his prime??? " ) , and commercial deals for the player would dry up ("you thought commercial deals were scarce in Pittsburgh, wait til you get to Buffalo") .   Look at Shady's reaction when he was traded, look at Kelly's reaction when he was drafted, the list goes on... now we all know they warmed up to the place because it is not a awful as the world portrays it, but a FA (and his wife, importantly) with choices most times will  not take the chance.  Just sayin' .  This movie has been played dozens of times with the Bills and coaches and top players at skill positions , so we know how it goes.   Drafting talented , solid homeboy type players  ,  plus taking your cap surplus and signing your own guys at the end of their rookie deal is the path for this franchise.   Free agency is great, but let's not get our hopes up too high. 

Edited by ProcessTruster