Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The arrogance of this guy. You would think he would lay low for one day. This was yesterday. 

The Patriot* Way. 

And the fans take it to new and even greater heights! I mean, almost like they were football players or billionaires.....

Edited by Augie

I’m shocked an old creepy guy who is trying to be “hip” pays for sex. Shocked. I feel bad for the women who have to touch that old bag (and I’m not talking about Robert).  

It will be real interesting to see to see what the nfl does here because it made headline news and is super embarrassing to the league.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The arrogance of this guy. You would think he would lay low for one day. This was yesterday. 

Rich guys in America believe regular laws don’t apply to them. Pay some money and everything will go away.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m shocked an old creepy guy who is trying to be “hip” pays for sex. Shocked. I feel bad for the women who have to touch that old bag (and I’m not talking about Robert).  

It will be real interesting to see to see what the nfl does here because it made headline news and is super embarrassing to the league.

Rich guys in America believe regular laws don’t apply to them. Pay some money and everything will go away.  

Even if he didn’t know before what was going on at Orchids of Asia in terms of human trafficking - and was just there for the cheap thrills - he obviously knew as of Friday when the news came down. And gives the impression that he couldn’t care less.

Kraft still denies visiting the spa even though Jupiter, FL police have film on him visiting twice.  How dare anyone question Lord Kraft.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/robert-kraft-apos-categorically-apos-175714403.html

U.S.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft has “categorically” denied soliciting sex at a spa in Florida after police said he was filmed doing so twice.

Mr Kraft, 77, faces two counts of soliciting sex from a prostitute. The billionaire is one of two dozen men who were arrested for allegedly paying $59 (£45) for a half-hour and $79 (£60) for an hour of sex at Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter, Florida.

“We categorically deny that Mr Kraft engaged in any illegal activity,” his spokesman said in a statement. “Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further.”

Mr Kraft, whose football team recently won its sixth Super Bowl championship, was one of more than 170 people arrested in south Florida during a police sweep on prostitution and sex trafficking, according to a Jupiter police affidavit. Police said on Friday that the women involved were “working long hours and engaged in oral and manual sex acts”.

Jupiter police chief Daniel Kerr said Mr Kraft as subject to misdemeanour charges based on two separate alleged visits to the spa.

“We have two,” Mr Kerr said, regarding the two counts of soliciting sex against Mr Kraft. “Two different visits. … We’re as equally stunned as everybody else.”

Detective Andrew Sharp said the billionaire was caught on surveillance video.

“The question was, does the video contain Mr Kraft inside receiving the alleged acts. The answer to that is yes,” Mr Sharp told reporters during a press conference on Friday.

There is an arrest warrant from Mr Kraft with the state attorney’s office and it will be sent to the Patriots owner’s home in Brookline, Massachusetts.

The National Football League issued a brief statement following the news of Mr Kraft’s sex solicitation charges, saying it is “aware of the ongoing law enforcement matter and will continue to monitor developments”.

Jupiter police officer O’Neil Anderson said: “Kraft was a shock. It was really just a shock to have a human trafficking ring working out of a storefront in quiet Jupiter.”

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Apparently there is a video.....and I pray to God I never see that short film. 

Yeah, but what's in it? Nucci says he knows...

The indication from the police is that it was either a BJ, or a HJ. 

I think tying Kraft to what goes on at the place behind the scenes at this point,  is jumping to conclusions.

Edited by OJ Tom

1 minute ago, OJ Tom said:

Yeah, but what's in it? Nucci says he knows...

Nobody knows much yet, other than a large number of women have been and are still being horribly abused. What did Kraft “know”? We have no idea. Did he know it was human trafficking? I’m sure he will argue that never occurred to him.  What should he have known, suspected, or questioned? I wonder if he just didn’t want to know.  I’ll let things play out. I’m not the judge here, just a distant witness. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think you understood the point.

Not really.  Havens and the other guy Childs are only "names" because they're billionaires who, like Kraft, you would think would have better sense than to get caught doing something like that.  But neither is a "name" anywhere close to Kraft, especially among Schefter's target audience.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Nobody knows much yet, other than a large number of women have been and are still being horribly abused. What did Kraft “know”? We have no idea. Did he know it was human trafficking? I’m sure he will argue that never occurred to him.  What should he have known, suspected, or questioned? I wonder if he just didn’t want to know.  I’ll let things play out. I’m not the judge here, just a distant witness. 

I met a girl that worked at one of these...a college student, paying her way through school.

Plenty of people just on this board didn't know anything about the human trafficking aspect of the massage parlors, so why should Kraft?

I'm curious to see if there are any indications that he wasn't just another customer (despite his wealth and status) getting HJ at a local massage parlor...that's a misdemeanor.

These places are almost all connected to a nail salon next door,  with the same owners and likely with the same employees... should the women that patronize these nail salons know better, and know they are supporting human trafficking, and be condemned?

Edited by OJ Tom

7 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

I met a girl that worked at one of these...a college student, paying her way through school.

Plenty of people just on this board didn't know anything about the human trafficking aspect of the massage parlors, so why should Kraft?

I'm curious to see if there are any indications that he wasn't just another customer (despite his wealth and status) getting HJ at a local massage parlor...that's a misdemeanor.

These places are almost all connected to a nail salon next door,  with the same owners and likely with the same employees... should the women that patronize these nail salons know better, and know they are supporting human trafficking, and be condemned?

Kraft isn't your average customer.  And was that girl you met giving handies at the end of her massages?  I doubt it.  It's typically the places where sex is offered that use sex slaves.